Sign in to follow this  
happyforyou

Numb my emotions

Hi. I’m new. I want to know how to numb my emotional pain. Please do not try to talk me out of this because I’ll just roll my eyes and scroll past. No amount of prolific poetry will change my mind. I just want to numb my emotions. I’m a kid and I don’t want to do drugs or alcohol I just wanna become numb until I move out and make my own life. I’m in a lot of ****ingg pain right now and I’m not getting into detail but I really really really need to know how to get rid of my emotions especially pain and sadness. It’s getting in my way with my sports and the rest of my life. I don’t have any interest in reaching out to other family members because the rest of them are mental too and I don’t hAve any real friends. Just my popular girl fake ass posse who will do nothing but spread my business. I’m really thinking about chickening myself but I probably won’t because I own two horses and I’d hate for them to go to probate. Help me please. Do not try to talk me out of this. I want to go back to being numb to the core. Please. 

Edited by happyforyou

HI happyforyou,

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling that way and thank you for sharing - the manner in which you speak suggests some real pain if you are wanting so badly to numb yourself.  I'll do my best to avoid prolific poetry and will point out that one positive statement I found in your post is that you do not want to do drugs or alcohol.  The goal you seek would not ultimately be discovered through those methods.  Also, I completely understand your desire to be numb and I question neither its merit nor rationale.  You are not alone.  The question you ask is a good one.  There is no strong, universally-proven method for this.  Some become numb without wanting to while others feel numb following certain events.  You fall on the side with others who would rather feel numb than experience the negative feelings.

I believe that you posting on here is a good start to getting where you want to be.  No one can predict whether the result will be numbness or improved mood but, either way, seeking out DF seemed to be a better option to you than family or friends - it sounds like those options cause more concerns.  There are surely countless individuals who can relate to your specific desires and offer their own insight.  Until then, I hope to continue hearing more from you - thank you again for sharing your frustrations with the DF community!