Sign in to follow this  
Detour12

Feeling depression an cause of anxiety

Hi

Lately i have not feeling myself i been feeling nervous and been having anxiety about my heath. Started this week i been feeling depressed and not myself I am losing interest in this i used to enjoy doing. I have lost my appetite but still can eat but often i get full fast. i am sleepy durning the day and just want to sleep. I just don't feel like doing anything but force myself too  i also get nausea. I do have an appointment  coming up with my Pdoc but hoping to see my reg doctor as well. Is this becoming depression again?  

Edited by Detour12

Hi Detour12,

I am sorry to hear about how you are feeling - this sounds like a difficult and potentially worrisome situation.  It is great that you have an upcoming appointment to discuss these symptoms, as they certainly sound concerning - even if they happen to not be a full depressive episode, they are impacting your life and are worth confronting.  You are also wise in considering a follow-up with your general practitioner, as you seem to know that there are metabolic and other contributors to feeling the ways you describe.  

Your question is one best answered by your prescriber, as he/she knows the most about you.  Ultimately, however, you know yourself the best and likely know what depression is like.  Even if it has not reached the severity you may have experienced in the past, it has been problematic enough for you to take the time to post about it - that sounds like a sign worthy of concern.  Considering you have an appointment lined up, continue to monitor yourself (which you are clearly good at) and do your best to be hopeful that this is a temporary setback that can be dealt with at your next appointment.  Until then, you have the DF community and any other support systems you may have in your life.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you keep us posted - stay strong!