So Frustrated

downunderu

I'm so frustrated, I'm miserable and have no motivation to do anything. This has been going on for a long time now (a couple of years) and just seems to be getting worse. I have seen multiple psychiatrists and have been on so many different meds and nothing seems to help. 

I wake up in the mornings and don't feel motivated enough to get dressed and then just call off work. For instance this week I haven't even been into work. I feel like I'm just going through the motions every day and I'm miserable every minute that i'm doing it. 

I really feel like I'm just here passing time and that the feeling is never going to go away. I'm tired of being miserable, unmotivated, unhappy, grumpy and disinterested in anything. 

I just don't see any way out of this as nothing works. I asked my doctor whats the next step if nothing works and he mentioned shock therapy which I don't like the sound off.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and had success after so many years of constant failures?

I've tried drugs from all the different classes of Antidepressants,  Bi-polar medications, ADHD medications, Anxiety medications etc etc.

I feel like there is no answer and that I'm stuck in this hell for ever.

I'm sorry I don't have any advice as I feel the same way but I really want you to know that it takes a lot of courage to admit it and to even try going to therapy/taking prescribed drugs/etc and to go through this for years. You mention you still do work. You're not a quitter nor a coward and I can tell how strong you are by reading this post. I wish you the best 

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way and I can assure you, you’re not the only one. I can say I went through this for a long time and then went into what I describe as a time of recovery. No therapy or medication worked, I changed the monotony even though it made me writher inside. I did things out of my comfort zone and eventually a veil lifted. I was happy for a long time. Then the monotony struck again.

Have you tried changing your routine? Adding a new hobby to preoccupy your mind? 

I had a period of time where I felt like that too! It was tough, but I needed to get up and make myself put my clothes on and go outside for a walk or take my kids outside and watch them play. I was already on enough meds and seeing doctors. I did not need any more of either. I needed to get doing something. I started volunteering and helping other people. When I started helping others and getting outside and exercising, my mood started changing as did my attitude, self worth. Our kids started having their mom back. (The first step is making the choice everyday; "how am I going to  choose to live this day?" Only you can choose to be an overcomer. 

I prayed a lot, I read the word of God and I found a good support team with  my husband and friends to help encourage me along with my kids. This is always a day to day choice we have to make as we get out of bed every day!

In the same boat. I am just keep praying for change.  I feel like I am on a different frequency of depression. My anxiety is on a whole other level which was cause from medication. I want no bother. Over a week now I have been working and sleeping. I am over weight and I use to eat for stress. I haven't' ate much in a week. I admit I have been depress for years. But this is one of the worst times in my life.