Not in a good place

lackluster

31 minutes ago, LoveHappy said:

What if being dead is worse than being alive? Like you are a ghost who is trapped with horrible regrets. Its probably safer to stay alive and see how it pans out. 

I dont think making someone afraid of death is helpful. Thats not a good thing at all. As someone has had existential crisis your comments of inflicting fear of death and the afterlife is not good. Were all going to die eventually and its better to become comfortable with that idea then fearful. 

55 minutes ago, lackluster said:

I'm having suicidal thoughts and idk what to do. I don't want to end my life but there's a part of me that's tired of being alive ya know. Idk 

I understand this feeling 100%! Ive felt the same way. Its like we want to die because we want the pain to end but we dont really want death itself. is there anything that has triggered you recently that has pushed you over the edge ? 

June,

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not a psychologist, I am not trained as to what to say. 

I'm surprise nobody (including myself) told him to call the suicidal hotline and talk to professionals rather than randoms strangers on a message board (dangerous b/c we are not trained). 

Common sense.

Hang in there Lackluster, we love you buddy. Call the hotline, man.

20 hours ago, LoveHappy said:

June,

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not a psychologist, I am not trained as to what to say. 

I'm surprise nobody (including myself) told him to call the suicidal hotline and talk to professionals rather than randoms strangers on a message board (dangerous b/c we are not trained). 

Common sense.

Hang in there Lackluster, we love you buddy. Call the hotline, man.

"I'm not a psychologist, I am not trained as to what to say" Me neither but inflicting fear is never the right thing to say. I point this out for future reference because Ive seen this before that people tell someone not to do that because life after may be worse and scary. There could be people here with terminal illnesses so thats why inflicting that fear is not good and that is a legitimate fear people have and thats making it worse. Nonetheless I know you meant no harm and it seems your intentions are good 🙂 just saying it too for future reference. 

Edited by June322

On 7/9/2018 at 10:45 PM, lackluster said:

Yea I hurt my best friend by drinking too much. I promised her I would stop drinking so much but I failed and now she's extremely mad at me and may even lose my friendship with her. I feel so low 

On 7/9/2018 at 10:48 PM, lackluster said:

This person has been really supportive in my life and I'm so grateful for her. But now I feel like I hurt her with substance abuse.  Just really scared I'm gonna lose her 😞 

awhh! I can understand why this makes you feel so low. Addiction is super hard to deal with and slips can and will happen here and there. But if you trully want to get better and looking for help let your friend know you love them and appreciate all their support they have given you and although their support has helped you its a long road to recovery and you're giving it your all! 

how are you feeling today ? 

Dear lucklaster, I am sorry for you are going through. I do not know about your particular situation (‘s). These forums are great for sharing burdens, and venting.  Even in the darkest moments in our lives there’s always hope. You have a purpose in life.  I encourage you to think, not why but what for. Things happen for a reason. And I know from my experiences that sometimes we do not know how to handle suffering. Suffering is neither good nor bad. And if we embrace it we can allow our transformation into a better person. In despise of this situation let me tell you that you are important and valuable person and you are a person of dignity. Please hang in there! Do not give up! Maybe you can take out good of this situation that you have to deal with. Have you ever thought seeking Counseling or therapy? Counseling or therapy works through things like this. You are valuable and worth of fighting for. Please let me tell you my friend that you are not alone in this battle.  If you need to talk with someone I’ll leave you this Hotline #s: 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). TI will keep you in my prayers. my friend .-keep us posted, OK?

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove link and attached doc