Sign in to follow this  
Tim 52

Dosage increase, your experience?

With a return of OCD symptoms in high gear, and with doctor oversight, I'm increasing my cymbalta dosage from 30 mg to 40 mg.  In the past I've been a good responder with low dosages.  And I've experienced pretty strong side effects in getting on meds (haven't many of us been through this?).   I'm interested in how others have done with increases of Cymbalta. 

I went from 30 to 60 with no real issues, except it didnt change much in my depression and anxiety, did a bunch of add-ons but no real benefits, went up to 90 and it stabilised me but the motivation and energy took a dive. Went back to 60, stayed stable and i proved energy, all until three weeks ago. I was stable when something truggered me and I decided to drop to 30. Been there since trying to cope with the side effects, which is mainly increased anxiety. Its holiday time so maybe my timing was inappropriate.

My doctor once prescribed me 30mg then about 6 months late prescribed 60mg. I felt much better. Depression was about 85% gone with this medication for me. It helped me a bit with my physical pain too (I have chronic pain from RA and Degenerative Disc Disease).

When I tried to quit smoking, my family doctor took over the anti-depressant and prescribed me Wellbutrin, but I only cut down my smoking by half, and now am back on Cymbalta 30mg with my psych doctor.

I began the 30mg actually just yesterday.

I never really noticed any side effects from it. I am on Lorazepam for anxiety, and Invega for the psychosis. As far as for the increase itself, I just felt much more less-depressed. However, when I began dieting and exercise, I noticed an even bigger drop in the depression and anxiety, and felt more confident than ever.

I was falsely diagnosed with OCD when I was 15, but that was by my family doctor, because he wasn't sure, I guess, what it was. I had been a self-injurer for 4 years when I got that diagnosis. Though I do not know what OCD really feels like, I can imagine, if it's anything like what I had experienced.

I wish you the best of luck in your medication increase! May you benefit from it for a long, long time 🙂