Making Big Life Decisions

Kabuto

Hi all,

I'm trying to get help making big life choices....   

For example, I've had Dry Eye for quite a few years.    I hear there's a treatment called Lipiflow which I'm highly considering.   My doctor recommends it.

However, a myriad of thoughts run through my head.    How do I know it's risk-free?    How do I know it's the best option?     I ask on forums I only get so far.   I'm nervous- I don't want to tamper with my eyes.    But i do as long as it will help and not be an issue.   

I've tried many things - though there are certain medications and drops I haven't tried yet.   Though I'm tired of all the trial and error...

Hey Kabuto,

I know making these kinds of decisions can be tough.  Whenever I have a questionable medical decision, I usually get a second opinion.  Also, can't your Dr. answer the questions about the risks?  He or she should be able to tell you the percentage of success, side effects (if any), etc. I would rely on him first.  

I guess it also comes down to how much you are willing to live with this condition vs. getting help and what are the risks if you don't treat it?  

I hope you find some relief to your anxiety about this soon and get some relief from your condition!

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise

I think it just comes down to a risk vs. benefit question.  If your dry eye condition is severe, the procedure your doctor is recommending may be worth a slight risk.  Or if your condition is not that bad, you may want to try a different treatement.

I'm not a doctor, but that's the approach I often use when making decisions like that.