Sign in to follow this  
peachesandbrownie

Desvenlafaxine startup fear

Hi.

I have been on an off of these forums.  Sometimes sharing and gettingvadvice for withdrawals and other times seeking support to start a medication again.

I do battle with major depression with no question of whether it Is real or not.

My struggle has always been-as with most that 'choose' to use medical treatment- finding a medicine that is not magic but will keep my dark thoughts at bay as well as calm my anxiety and panic disorder without having my fear of meds interfere with the progress of a new medicine.

Thats a lot... I know.  Anyway I recently had a genetic test done to rule out the meds that work most likely cause uncomfortable side effects due to non functioning enzymes and genes.  

Though I have been on lexapro and am still it has always made me very edgy in the afternoon.  Apparently that is Because I metabolize it to fast and need a higher dose.  But another faulty gene causes me worse side effects if I increase in. 

Any way... The gene test shows that Pristique uses my healthy enzymes and is on the list of minimal to no side effects for 'me'.

But though I began my crossover last night I can't stop my anxiety of waiting for a bad side effect because I foolishly read the reviews.

Has any here ever had a good reaction with desvenlafaxime or Pristique that could set my anxious mind to ease.  

Please..... I know there are some that had bad. reactions to this or another med.  But we are each different So It would help me to hear some positive encouragement about this medicine if there is any.  

I am usually an encourage... But now I need the encouragement.

Thanks in advance.

I took the jump and began the bridge from escitalopram 10 to the desvenlafaxi generic pristiq.  Taking 5mg escitalopram and 50 mg desvenlafaxi.  As well as my clonazapram stable .25 am and .50 pm. Two days in and I feel sad and with bouts of tiredness and irritable feelings between escitalopram doses.

Any support would be helpful.....

Hi peaches

I m on Pristiq and I feel like its helped. After two months I feel like its lessened my anxiety and irritability and made me a little more content. Its not a cure all but im better than I was. Its the best antidepressant ive tried I think. The one problem I was having with Pristiq was I wasn't absorbing it all. ( gross alert, I had to check my stool and found medication in the capsule ) I fixed this problem by putting the pristiq pill in a glass of water the night before(take the pill and drink the water the next morning) I think it helps  soften the outer shell so your body can get at the medication .Anyhow Im on 100mg. The start up effects I had with Pristiq were increased anxiety ,insomnia. It does get better and is worth getting over the start up side effects to see if its a good suit for you.I would say for me that it took about a month before I started seeing benefits of the med. I think its really encouraging that you had a genesight test done that showed it suits your chemistry . Im sending you positive vibes and hope that Pristiq is the med for you. Feel free to message me if you have any questions Good luck. 

Thank you Jay89.  That is interesting what you said about the capsule not dissolving.  I take tablets of the time release.  I am on day 7 but I have not had any increased anxiety.  It does help with my obsessing over meds though.   Yet I have been feeling more depressed and empty then when I started.  I was on the 10mg of Escitalopram and have dropped 5 mg. Of that to start the 50mg of the genetic Pristique.