Burg123

Best time to take Wellbutrin

I am On bupropion HCL XL 150 mg once a day. I take it and my xanax every morning. Recently I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have to take Levothyroxine 25mcg every morning one hour prior to medication and meals. I started waking up at 3-4 am to take it so I could take the other when I wake up around 7ish. I am a teacher so I am out of school and have been not waking up at 3-4 but at 730-830. I then take the thyroid meds and start my day and forget to take the Wellbutrin. Don’t realize it until I take my Xanax at night. I forgot yesterday so I took it at night. I sleep fine with rare insomnia. Last night I slept great and actually felt cheerful ( comparatively) when I woke up. Going to try it again tonight but does anyone else take it at night? Does it really matter. This thyroid meds is messing up my years of routine. Thoughts? 

My "cocktail" of meds is Bupropion (Wellbutrin) XL 300 mg; Sertraline (Zoloft) 100 mg; Clonazepam/Klonopin (.5 mg) and was diagnosed with Hashimotos Hypothyroidism (autoimmune disease) 30 years ago so I also take 175 mcg Synthroid daily. 

I've talked to my psychiatrist and various of his P.A.s as well as various doctors who have prescribed the Synthroid over the years and the common denominator is to take the meds at the same time daily.  "First thing in the morning" is what doctors tell patients re: Synthroid because of the 1-hr. wait before eating and they're basing it on people who work a "normal" schedule.  Not everyone works an 8-5 - some work 2nd and 3rd shifts and then there are people who are nocturnal (like my parents) so for them, "first thing in the morning" is around 4 pm.

So, based on what I've been told, I choose a time that is convenient for me to take the Synthroid and then the other meds together at the same time.  I was advised by one psychiatric P.A. to take the Zoloft right before bed as it would help with the morning terrors I was experiencing.  My mother does that now and says it works really well for her.   Back to Synthroid/Levothyroxine - for 30 years all my doctors have said, "It doesn't matter what time you take it, just make sure you take it at the same time daily and either 1 hr. before eating or approximately 4 hrs. after eating.  Main thing is to take it on an empty stomach.

Hello Burg,   I take Wellbutrin SR 150 x 2 and Synthroid.  Synthroid at 6 am.  Wellbutrin at 8:30 am and again at 8:30 pm.  Does not interfere with sleep.