Sign in to follow this  
Typhoon

How do you cope with loneliness?

Basically I am friendless and lonely for months. While in the first months I didn't mind it, last month I realised something that makes me very conscious about it. I often feel miserable. If you ever wondered, yes , there are people with no friends. Nothing. They are completely alone. In my situation, I can't make friends irl because no one likes me there and I am mostly ignored and treated like . I tried online too,but I didn't click with anyone and most I met were a******s. So the only way for me is to cope and get used with it. What can I do to cope with it? 

Thanks in advance.

@Typhoon

you wrote: no one likes me there and I am mostly ignored and treated like .

I tried online too,but I didn't click with anyone and most I met were a******s.

Something to ponder: For a long time I didn't get along with a group of people. Someone told me that the problem probably wasn't everyone else.  Aka you have to be a friend to earn friendship.

I'm not saying this is easy.... or the right answer but just something to think about

best

Edited by StillStandinTall

4 minutes ago, StillStandinTall said:

Something to ponder: For a long time I didn't get along with a group of people. Someone told me that the problem probably wasn't everyone else.  Aka you have to be a friend to earn friendship.

I'm not saying this is easy.... or the right answer but just something to think about

best

And how can I be a friend if I am friendless?

@Typhoon

i added a little more to my original post

it doesn't sound like you aren't meeting people / it sounded like you didn't like the people you met.  Maybe you need to give these people a chance - even if they don't become your friends - maybe they have friends you can connect with. 

I'm just saying don't discount anyone

19 minutes ago, StillStandinTall said:

@Typhoon

i added a little more to my original post

it doesn't sound like you aren't meeting people / it sounded like you didn't like the people you met.  Maybe you need to give these people a chance - even if they don't become your friends - maybe they have friends you can connect with. 

I'm just saying don't discount anyone

Yes I didn't because as I said, most of them were a******s.

Edited by Typhoon

11 minutes ago, Asta said:

I don't have friends either.  I do a lot of things to be busy I talk to my family and talk on here.  There are more than a few people here that don't have friends so we believe you. I hope you can make friends with someone soon.

I think keeping myself busy is a good idea but sometimes I just wish I had someone. I hope you can make friends with someone soon as well.

3 minutes ago, StillStandinTall said:

Right. Everyone. 

Whops , most of them were a******s*

With others I simply didn't click

Others simply left after a talk.

It's  hard.

51 minutes ago, StillStandinTall said:

I know.... it's not easy my friend. I wish I had an easy answer - it's hard esp when you're in a dark place. 

Yeah,I'll figure it somehow.

Honestly, it's the one thing I can cope with. 

I'd rather be alone in the dark. The people who typically hurt me hide in plain sight, concealed by the blinding of the light. 

I agree with the previous post, give those people you chat with a chance. You might find something that is genuine and endearing that would make them as great friends. No one is perfect and like any kind of relationship, if you have a strong bond to a person, just accept their faults.

I have a Facebook account but I don't chat with people there. Honestly, Facebook is a depressing networking site,when seeing how happy people are in a picture and it can make people become envious and depressed. Yet, a picture only captures a glimpse of a moment of how a person felt during that time.   I avoid looking through Facebook unless I really need to contact someone.

I honestly don't have friends who I see in real life, but I made some online friends, one I managed to meet finally in 5 years and on a different continent. We always Skype each other.  Another came and visited me. Whether it is online or irl, you will find people who can be toxic, and those who are nice and genuine. Those nice and genuine people are who you can count on and be friends with.

I can relate. I’m 20. However I’m not antisocial or neither do I give a negative vibe. I just don’t have none because of the way people are, many people are fake and greedy and don’t want to commit to loyalty and most people are alike, trying to be like everyone else and I can’t tolerate that. I just want some friends who can be real with THEMSELVES and if anyone ever feels lonely and depressed you can gladly message me.