Sign in to follow this  
mmd

Music

Any others who listen music, but with some knowledge of music, who play instruments, with more a fine ear, going a bit for the classical music ?

I listen music since long, ive listened classical and from different places, its good, but since long time that i dont find good music to listen.

Any who likes to talk about music, maybe something with violin and cellos, or double bass.

Please no rock.

Hi mmd.

I listen to classical music.  Who are some of your favorite composers?    I like Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Stravinsky, Copeland, Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi, Corelli, Brahms, Bartok, Satie, Respighi Ravel, Debussy, Holst, Rodrigo,  Britten, Vaughn Williams, Bernstein, Piston, Hindemith,  Mahler,  R. Strauss, J. Strauss, Chavez, Saint Saens, Bizet, Ginastera,  Rachmaninov,  Gershwin, Barber, Phillip Glass, Gabrieli, Granger, Tarrega,  Tchaikovsky and many others.  

- epictetus

Metal and Hardcore.

I've been on a Hatebreed binge recently; The same album on repeated listens.

I like a lot of bands from the 80s NWOBHM, thrash USPM to present day metal scene hence, too many bands to name.

JUST to narrow it down;

Hatebreed, Iron Maiden, Avenger, Liege Lord, Sodom, Accept, Made of Hate, Soilwork and Amon Amarth.

I love Amon Amarth! 

Gojira & Angel Vivaldi are my go-to groups, and I'm starting to get back into Linkin Park since Chester passed.

Also love Wolfheart, Enshine, Rush - there's no such thing as a bad Rush song, man. And it usually only takes me one measure to recognize a Metallica song, LOL.  Also sometimes enjoy Sting, Tom Petty, and Rage Against the Machine.

So, a little of everything except country or techno.  I would include rap, but I also like some of Eminem and Kid Rock.

And can't forget the hairband 80's classics I grew up with - Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Poison, Motley Crue, etc.

:buttrock:

I like opera, especially Giacomo Puccini but also Giuseppe Verdi. I must've seen Tosca and Turandot half a dozen times. Some people say they have no connection to opera but in fact do recognize several songs from famous operas such as The Barber of Seville.

It was the cartoons, you know? I grew up watching Bugs Bunny, the Looney Tunes bunch of animated characters. Disney, too. The score for these early cartoons is classical music and was my introduction to Beethoven, Listz, Chopin, Bach. 

Sign in to follow this