Sign in to follow this  
MS83

Been denied for SSI... again

I have been denied for SSI three times. I received a letter from my attorney stating that she could no longer represent me because she does not handle cases at the next level of appeal which is the United States District Court. I am searching for a new attorney in my area but am having a difficult time doing so.

Can anyone please tell me about the United States District Court and what it entails? I am unable to work because of anxiety, depression and sleep apnea. If I were able to work, I would. It would be easier than going through what this whole process has been. I am feeling the worst I've ever felt the past few days. Any information would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't have any advice on the SSI front but would like to ask what you've tried to treat your sleep apnea. Besides making you physically and mentally exhausted it often lead to depression and anxiety so there is a chance that if you got it under control your symptoms would improve. I've heard stories about people saying they felt like they got a new lease on life when they started using a CPAP machine to help them with their sleep apnea. Surgery may also be an option though obviously more expensive. 

I've used a CPAP for seven years and have had two sleep studies. It does help me during the day but not as much as I was told it would.

4 hours ago, MS83 said:

I have been denied for SSI three times. I received a letter from my attorney stating that she could no longer represent me because she does not handle cases at the next level of appeal which is the United States District Court. I am searching for a new attorney in my area but am having a difficult time doing so.

Can anyone please tell me about the United States District Court and what it entails? I am unable to work because of anxiety, depression and sleep apnea. If I were able to work, I would. It would be easier than going through what this whole process has been. I am feeling the worst I've ever felt the past few days. Any information would be appreciated.

I have heard it is very difficult to get SSI coverage for depression.

Coming from a military veteran who has been through through the process of both Veterans Affairs Disability and Social Security I feel fighting the military is easier. 

Social Security not only wants you to prove you have a disability, but also demonstrate that you are unemployable for at least 24 months continuously. 

Your best bet is to get legal documentation from a physician officially diagnosing your anxiety, depression, and Sleep Apnea. After you have all the diagnosis documented, push for a waiver to have the case reviewed. If that fails then you go to a lawyer who should not only fix the problem but will take his pay out of your first disability check. 

Trust me, I know the feeling.

Edited by legacy6364