Donate Now Read more... ×
TooYoungForThisThing

Getting over someone that has already moved on

I know a little about what that feels like. I'm sorry you're going through that.  I'm not sure how old you are, but one thing that might be helpful is realizing that as time goes by, you will likely feel better, you may very well meet someone else, and one day you will look back and realize that you are completely over your ex and perhaps even GLAD that it didn't work out.  One of my last relationships ended and i found out that he was quickly trying to move on and wouldn't even give me the time of day hardly.  It was very hurtful.  But I can now say I am glad it didn't work out and I have moved on (married) with someone who in many ways is a MUCH MUCH better fit for me.  Keep your head up.  You need someone that wants you, and your worth as a person isn't determined by whether your ex wants to be with you or not.   If it's meant to be, it will happen.  Pray about it and trust God to do what is best. I realize I don't know much about your situation, so I'm sorry if any of this is presumptive

11 hours ago, ClearSkiesAhead said:

I know a little about what that feels like. I'm sorry you're going through that.  I'm not sure how old you are, but one thing that might be helpful is realizing that as time goes by, you will likely feel better, you may very well meet someone else, and one day you will look back and realize that you are completely over your ex and perhaps even GLAD that it didn't work out.  One of my last relationships ended and i found out that he was quickly trying to move on and wouldn't even give me the time of day hardly.  It was very hurtful.  But I can now say I am glad it didn't work out and I have moved on (married) with someone who in many ways is a MUCH MUCH better fit for me.  Keep your head up.  You need someone that wants you, and your worth as a person isn't determined by whether your ex wants to be with you or not.   If it's meant to be, it will happen.  Pray about it and trust God to do what is best. I realize I don't know much about your situation, so I'm sorry if any of this is presumptive

Blocked him today... Felt a little bit like im moving on but also missing him throughout the whole day

I'm sorry you are having to go through this, tooyoungforthisthing.  Blocking him sounds like a good idea, maybe it will help you to focus on other aspects of your life.  I know you are strong enough to move past this.  You don't need anyone in your life to be whole, you are enough. 

3 hours ago, 20YearsandCounting said:

I'm sorry you are having to go through this, tooyoungforthisthing.  Blocking him sounds like a good idea, maybe it will help you to focus on other aspects of your life.  I know you are strong enough to move past this.  You don't need anyone in your life to be whole, you are enough. 

Thank you very much for the kind message :)

On 5/10/2018 at 11:30 PM, TooYoungForThisThing said:

My ex has broken up with me around a week ago and hes already moved on. I can imagine him already trying to date. How do i come out of my little '' what if'' bubble and move on?

Imaginations are allowing your "bubble" to grow.  Take care of you and taking daily step-by-steps may be the gentlest for you right now.

I know I'm late, but I went through a break up late last year and felt I should give my two cents. On top of trying to focus on you and taking care of yourself and trying to expand your horizon, also try to be patient. It's not unusual to still think about old relationships months after the break up. So, don't get too frustrated or depressed with yourself if you find yourself wishing for things to be the way they once were from time to time. It can be a very long healing process, so be gentle, steady, and patient. Good luck.

Posted (edited)

I'm always sorry to hear the pain in the words of someone going through this.

Having been dumped a few times in my life, I'll echo @ClearSkiesAhead that you may eventually be glad it ended.  But that's down the road and with the benefit of time.

Hurt and imaginings are unavoidable, sorry to say.  You wouldn't be human otherwise.

More immediately, what I've found works - and this goes for non-romantic relationships as well - is a thought given to me years ago, "Living well is the best revenge."  It's often been the kinda push I've needed.

Edited by MarkintheDark