Sign in to follow this  
JD4010

Magnesium!

There may be a thread elsewhere about taking Magnesium supplements as a possible way to lessen depression and anxiety. I just started taking magnesium tables last week and I *might* be feeling a little less lethargic now.

Anyone else have experience?

If you research the symptoms of basically ALL vitamin deficiencies and mineral deficiencies... the outcome is always a ton of "depression symptoms" like feeling exhausted, irritable, anxious etc.

So as far as I'm aware, ANY of those deficiencies can result in depression-like symptoms.

IMO it does NOT have to be magnesium more than any other vitamin/ mineral.

You could go through them all and try them pan luck, to see if any of them help you.

I guess you could also do expensive blood work, but as far as I know, most deficiencies don't really get picked up anyway. Bloodwork is tricky and while the doctors often imply they can test for "anything" and "everything", the reality is often much more disappointing.

Taking a multi-vitamin each day is probably a good bet.

And testing out all possible vitamin/ mineral combinations might be worth a try.

For most, it's pretty low risk, but there are a few vitamins/ minerals you need to be careful with - potassium is one, and I think Vitamin A?

Anyway, research the topic a bit before you chuck stuff into your body ; )

And try to stay away from all the crap/ crud/ fake/ hyped medical info on the internet...  : P

I doubt there's an "easy and quick" vitamin/ mineral cure out there for depression. If there was, someone would already be making millions with it, surely?

I've had in the past 20 years done all lab work its always normal, thyroid, vitamins, you name it.....I pretty much gave up on doctors. I don't really trust the vitamins. I think they lie..and they are unnecessary in many cases.. My previous doctor had me on Omega3 for like months and I didn't see a difference. I don't think it works for everyone.