Sign in to follow this  
Musicqueenm

Wanting to quit my job

Hello everyone! Wanting some advice. I started a new job two months ago in a call centre. I hate it! I should of know with it being call center. I'm coming to the end of my training and really just want to quit without giving notice. It's making me really ill and my anxiety/depression have become ten times worse.  I have already taken two days off work due to my mental health.  I feel as though I've failed yet again and really worried what my parents will think as they don't understand how I feel.  Really not sure what to do. 

I tried working at a call center and lasted about 15 minutes.  13 of the minutes I was hiding in the bathroom.  There's no chance I could last one shift no matter how much they paid me.  I did make it through training though.  Most people quit after getting paid for the training.

Edited by sober4life

Sorry you are going through that. I would think there are better job options for you out there. Sounds like you are young, which makes it all the more likely you could find something much better.

I want to quit my job of 29.5 years as well. The stress is horrendous.

Thank you for your replies. I've decided I'm not going into work today as my anxiety is crippling me. I applied for 7 jobs last week so as soon as I can get another job I'm leaving but at this rate I might have to leave sooner. I just can't cope anymore.  JD4010 hope it gets better. 

Hello, Thanks for sharing. I am sorry to hear about your anxiety and depression. It's understandable that this is difficult and that you don't deserve this. But, if you don't like the job this has a effect on you. I know it's not easy with the anxiety and the depression and working the job. I have worked a job before that I found a better one. I gave a notice of leaving. I know it's not easy working there if you don't like it. But, it helps if you give a notice in case the next employer calls or if you work for the company again. I admire your strength daily by being there. Continue to stay strong. Best wishes! 

Thanks Jstar845 glad you found a better job. I'm definitely handing in my notice as I'm just feeling worse and I know it's the job thats causing it. Would just like to never go back but need to leave the right way.

As long as you feel you are able to do another job, leave this one. Don't make the mistake I did. I left a job I grew comfortable with because of my depression/anxiety and I have no idea where else to go now. 

LoL I am struggling with a similar problem.....

I've been out of work / had an interview yesterday for a call center job

Im figuring they're going to give me an offer tomorrow (I avoided HR today) and am conflicted

i really want to get back to work but financially I'm ok for awhile.  (worst comes to worse I could drive uber - which sounds better than a call center)

Since I just got on AD's I'm thinking of letting the meds work b4 I put myself in a doomed call center work environment.  

Kinda a thread hijack but any thoughts?!?

StillstandinTall if your okay financially then don't get a job in a call centre there are better jobs out there unfortunately i've learned that the hard way.  Uber will be far better than a call centre job. 

Yes quit your job on the quick don’t do anything you don’t like or don’t want to do. Quit like a boss to go to work and start bashing up the phones then go to your boss and tell him there’s something wrong with the connection and that he needs to get his together. 

@Musicqueenm

your story is exactly where I don't want to be in a month -

Uber won't completely cover my bills but it will triage the bleeding.

I'm thinking I need to look for other options. Thx for starting this thread - very timely

jsuk - everyone but my parents have been telling me to run. I (we?) need to do what WE need to do for our mental health. If I were you I would give noticefor Karma points - they may walk you out the door. 

Edited by StillStandinTall

Thank you I've been on holiday and have felt so much better, it made me realise how much my job was making me so ill. You have to remember money is not everything yes we need it but not at a cost of our mental health.