Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here! #2

Natasha1

Got some dishes and recycling done.

Put rubbish out.

Took large item to skip and other recycling to depot.

Some shopping at supermarket.

Put a load of washing on, then later hung out to dry.

Did about an hours walk (best part of the day).

Swept up in living room and cleaned cats litter box.

Put dry clothes away which had been hanging around for about a month!

That's a pretty productive day for me 😉

Well I would say I answered the phone, but that would be ridiculous!  😣 🙄

ok I talked to my nephew's teacher and guidance counselor, to get her contact into

Feed my nephew din din (what he calls it)

I think I did some other stuff, but it's never enough, ya know?

I read that post about inner critic, mine's is brutal..

Trying to take the day off, but...

Shot off an email to my HIV agency's case manager as a follow up to my fax to their office manager.  They expected me to fill out 6-8 pages of forms (completely redundant information) in the 15 mins. prior to my last appointment.  They would not let me take the forms home.  So, I'm just flat out refusing to cooperate any further with this bureaucratic nonsense.  I'm now on the record with everyone and it's their move.

3 minutes ago, MarkintheDark said:

Trying to take the day off, but...

Shot off an email to my HIV agency's case manager as a follow up to my fax to their office manager.  They expected me to fill out 6-8 pages of forms (completely redundant information) in the 15 mins. prior to my last appointment.  They would not let me take the forms home.  So, I'm just flat out refusing to cooperate any further with this bureaucratic nonsense.  I'm now on the record with everyone and it's their move.

Awesome!! My friend it can be a pain in the -ss getting caught up in paper work

8 minutes ago, OnePete said:

Really nothing, which is shameful to me. Just resting from last week and knowing that anew stress filled week is coming up

Well, you did do something you responded on the forum and we know that you are well today

and this act alone help strengthen us to keep on fighting as well 

tbh, I'm not sure if this is an accomplishment more than just coping.

A few of you know the details of my horrible night last night...insomnia, ideation, etc., and that I had a list of things I didn't feel I could do today.  Since I still couldn't sleep this morning, I (zombie) tackled those tasks anyway: showered/shaved, vacuumed the house, met with Mom's PT and ran a load of laundry.  Whatever I could do to wear myself out.

Still not tired, I pulled out an old Trazadone script since the Ambien hasn't done squat.  Whether it was my exhaustion or the med or a combination, I finally knocked off the first full eight hours I've had in over a month, double what I've usually gotten when my head hits the pillow.  I hate that it takes a while to work itself out of my system when I wake, but at least my body got rest.

I applied to a job. I know that's not that big of a deal, but I always have a hard time finding something that would suit me. I look at the descriptions and get scared that I won't be able to do simple tasks for whatever reason. Writing cover letters feel like a battle of my self-esteem. But it felt so good to submit it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I needed 2 hours to get out of bed today. I think Lithium is making me super sluggish. Walked to the laundromat and got my washing done. A lady randomly struck up a conversation with me about foods of the future. I managed to engage like I suppose healthy persons do rather than shutting it down with resting b****face. 

Replied no to an invite to a tango party. Replied no to an invite to my mom's friend's birthday party. Replied yes to see the musical Hamilton. Mindful of the progress here. Used to be I wouldn't/couldn't even reply to invites. I'm surprised I still get them. 

Wrote back to my Ketamine pdoc about my drug test results. Positive for THC despite that I stopped taking it over a month ago. The upshot is I cannot receive the intravenous drug until the other drug is out of my system. The irony of this situation would have provoked anger, indignation and a rant months ago but my symptoms are in remission and its not a big deal to wait another 20 days to be tested again. 

Wrote some more poetry while my inner critic howled with derision about how terrible my efforts were. It's a new form of creative expression for me, I've been in need of a creative outlet for so long.