Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@FlashFlame23that message was exactly what I needed to see right now, so thank you for that. It made me smile. Hold onto that hope you have because it's hard to get it back once you've lost it.

That's where I've been lately. I've just been feeling sad and hopeless. I know a lot of it is because of my birthday which is coming up faster than I'd like. I'm dreading it so much.

I also came across some other fans talking about how much they liked my CO and one who wants to figure out a way to set her best friend up with him and it made me weirdly jealous. I mean, it's not surprising. He's an attractive guy, I'm sure there's plenty of women (and probably some men too, for that matter) who are attracted to him. But I don't need or want to see it.

The upside is that he's got to be the most underrated player on our team, both in terms of his talent and his looks. There's an absurd amount of handsome men on the team and there's a handful that get gushed over more than the rest. My CO is not part of said handful, but I imagine that will change. He seems to get better (and more handsome) every season and more and more people are seeing it. He deserves to have his talent recognized, but I like that he doesn't get gushed over as much. 

The team put out a video of a song one of the other guys on the team wrote for his fiancee and in it, they said they'd be getting married at the end of the month. I'm happy for them - not that I know much about them or anything, but they seemed like a cute couple in the interview they did. I'm not upset about the wedding. I'm worried that my CO will be there with a date and I'll see a picture. Granted, I have no idea if my CO is even going and if he does, he might not have a date. And if he does, it doesn't mean it's a girlfriend. I know that, logically, but still. 

The upside of this situation is that the guy getting married isn't on social media and I don't follow his fiancee. Plus her account is private and I have no interest in trying to follow her. I don't follow any of the wives/girlfriends of any of the players. So that cuts down the risk of seeing any pictures. But then again, if my CO posts one...ugh. I know it's pointless to worry about something that might not happen, but I do. And the wedding is a day or two before my birthday. I might just have to will myself not to go on Instagram on those days. Just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope everyone is ok. 

 

I’m so sorry for coming here, I just don’t know where else to turn. So I apologise in advance.

 

Two weeks ago today. I met my CO and I have regretted doing so ever since. I feel like I have made the biggest fool out of myself and he’s gone away hating me. 

I’ve felt utterly miserable and worthless ever since. Also to make matters worse the friends I went with have dropped me like a stone. No one will talk with me and I feel more alone than ever. I think this is making everything seem twice as bad.

I’ve had some extremely dark thoughts during the past two weeks and I’ve never felt so alone. I wish I could turn back time and never have met him. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope everyone is ok. 

 

I’m so sorry for coming here, I just don’t know where else to turn. So I apologise in advance.

 

Two weeks ago today. I met my CO and I have regretted doing so ever since. I feel like I have made the biggest fool out of myself and he’s gone away hating me. 

I’ve felt utterly miserable and worthless ever since. Also to make matters worse the friends I went with have dropped me like a stone. No one will talk with me and I feel more alone than ever. I think this is making everything seem twice as bad.

I’ve had some extremely dark thoughts during the past two weeks and I’ve never felt so alone. I wish I could turn back time and never have met him. 

 

Edited by decado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, decado said:

Hope everyone is ok. 

 

I’m so sorry for coming here, I just don’t know where else to turn. So I apologise in advance.

 

Two weeks ago today. I met my CO and I have regretted doing so ever since. I feel like I have made the biggest fool out of myself and he’s gone away hating me. 

I’ve felt utterly miserable and worthless ever since. Also to make matters worse the friends I went with have dropped me like a stone. No one will talk with me and I feel more alone than ever. I think this is making everything seem twice as bad.

I’ve had some extremely dark thoughts during the past two weeks and I’ve never felt so alone. I wish I could turn back time and never have met him. 

 

Hey @decado, I’ve been wondering about you and whether you attended the meet and greet. I’m sorry to hear that things didn’t go well, but are you sure they went as badly as you think? Celebrities meet nervous fans all the time, so I doubt you did anything so horrible that he would hate you for it. Also, your “friends” don’t sound like very good friends because real friends wouldn’t just drop you like that. Do you want to tell us more about what happened? Don’t apologize for coming here to discuss things because this is what the thread is for and we’re here to listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, musiclover83 said:

@FlashFlame23that message was exactly what I needed to see right now, so thank you for that. It made me smile. Hold onto that hope you have because it's hard to get it back once you've lost it.

That's where I've been lately. I've just been feeling sad and hopeless. I know a lot of it is because of my birthday which is coming up faster than I'd like. I'm dreading it so much.

I also came across some other fans talking about how much they liked my CO and one who wants to figure out a way to set her best friend up with him and it made me weirdly jealous. I mean, it's not surprising. He's an attractive guy, I'm sure there's plenty of women (and probably some men too, for that matter) who are attracted to him. But I don't need or want to see it.

The upside is that he's got to be the most underrated player on our team, both in terms of his talent and his looks. There's an absurd amount of handsome men on the team and there's a handful that get gushed over more than the rest. My CO is not part of said handful, but I imagine that will change. He seems to get better (and more handsome) every season and more and more people are seeing it. He deserves to have his talent recognized, but I like that he doesn't get gushed over as much. 

The team put out a video of a song one of the other guys on the team wrote for his fiancee and in it, they said they'd be getting married at the end of the month. I'm happy for them - not that I know much about them or anything, but they seemed like a cute couple in the interview they did. I'm not upset about the wedding. I'm worried that my CO will be there with a date and I'll see a picture. Granted, I have no idea if my CO is even going and if he does, he might not have a date. And if he does, it doesn't mean it's a girlfriend. I know that, logically, but still. 

The upside of this situation is that the guy getting married isn't on social media and I don't follow his fiancee. Plus her account is private and I have no interest in trying to follow her. I don't follow any of the wives/girlfriends of any of the players. So that cuts down the risk of seeing any pictures. But then again, if my CO posts one...ugh. I know it's pointless to worry about something that might not happen, but I do. And the wedding is a day or two before my birthday. I might just have to will myself not to go on Instagram on those days. Just in case.

Musiclover,

I understand how seeing your CO dressed up next to a girl at a wedding could hurt.  But let me share something with you.  When I was in college I had this friend who invited me to a wedding.   I thought he had feelings for me but at the wedding he barely paid any attention to me at all.   He wasn’t interested in me romantically.  He had led me on.   It hurt for a very long time and led to my first major breakdown.   So just because your co took someone to a wedding doesnt mean that she will become the love of his life.  Look at how few hollywood couples stay together.  Michael J. Fox and his wife are an inspiration to me but so few have that.  I thought Angelina and Brad Pitt were like them but God knows whats going on there.  For me its twitter and facebook that have caused my downfall.  I left facebook and will never go back.  I am trying to give up Josh completely.  i write poems and journal and listen to music and come here.  Thank God we have a place that is safe to talk about these things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

Hey @decado, I’ve been wondering about you and whether you attended the meet and greet. I’m sorry to hear that things didn’t go well, but are you sure they went as badly as you think? Celebrities meet nervous fans all the time, so I doubt you did anything so horrible that he would hate you for it. Also, your “friends” don’t sound like very good friends because real friends wouldn’t just drop you like that. Do you want to tell us more about what happened? Don’t apologize for coming here to discuss things because this is what the thread is for and we’re here to listen.

@decado, I was thinking the same thing that @HopelessRomantic2011wrote. 

I don't logically see how he could 'hate' a random fan who's at a meet and greet. Sounds like 'irrational thinking.' I hope that doesn't offend you- but he probably didn't think anything other than 'this girl is pretty nervous, she's a big fan, so sweet of her.' I think you might be imagining 'making a fool out of yourself.' If you were nervous, or asked for a hug, or even gushed 'I love you' - he was likely pretty cool about it and I'm sure he's seen worse. I don't know how famous he is, but if he IS significantly famous, he gets it. He's used to it from being in the public eye.

Now on the OTHER hand- if he is newly famous, or a naturally shy person (celebs can be shy) he may have been weirded out by any gushy behavior and love demonstrated towards him. That would be new to him and he probably may have been tired out by it all and wanted to go be alone to recharge. 

I guess I don't know, because I have never met a celebrity. From what I've read about the experiences people here have about meeting CO's, there is a sort of 'letdown' afterward because you cannot stay with them. He has to go back on his plane and on to the next tour, and you are just like everybody else. It is just the way it is with celebs, I guess. If I were to meet the CO that I'm now getting over, I'd be happy and appreciative just to get a smile and a handshake. 

No matter what, I'm very sorry that you are sad because of meeting him. (hugs) You can PM me to talk about it, if you want.

ETA: I snooped your past posts and I guessed just from what you wrote- that he is a rock band musician. That might explain a lot! Rockers can be irritable, super moody, artistic types, and even though some of them 'eat it all up' when girl groupies approach them (sorry not calling YOU a 'groupie' personally- but you know what I mean about rock bands!) some might not always feel like they want to be 'on' 100 percent of the time. You know? If you and your friends were part of a long M&G, he may have acted a little curt just because he wanted to go off with the others and smoke a joint, haha.  

In other words, he doesn't know you and wouldn't hate you! As far as your friends, maybe there was a little catty competition as to who got the most attention from the band members. Sounds like they weren't being very good friends in that case.

It's supposed to be fun.  I've BEEN to rock concerts in the past. I never bothered to go to any of the meet and greets, because of the whole 'groupies' thing. 2 times it was with my then-boyfriend. I just went chiefly for the music and the experience. 

 

Edited by alliryann18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much @HopelessRomantic2011 & @alliryann18 for taking the time to respond to me. I guess I just feel so isolated. Especially as my friends seem to have vanished. I think the thing that hurts most is I was just a number to him. He forgot me as soon as he met me. 

I’m still in the process of going over the details. Although the memories are now fading fast. I’m struggling to remember and the more I think the more I can’t remember what happened. 

I will take what you both have said to me and have a good think about it. I’m just all over the place, I had hoped by now it would have settled, but it feels worse.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me 😘

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I did it.  I got a twitter account so I could block all of his tweets and others tweets about him.  God there were so many accounts to block.  I will still be able to google him but I'm to do everything I can to try to avoid doing it.  Sigh...goodbye Josh.  I hope you have a great life.  You almost ended mine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't stress enough how awesome this forum is. I was looking for help a few months back online and everyone thought I was some loner who didn't have a social life. I'm an athlete, I have many friends, I'm attractive, I have absolutely no problem with girls. If they met me, they would never assume I would be coming home longing for Scarlett, whom I can never have to fill the gap in my heart.

I long to be the one to hold her hair back when she throws up, I'd protect her and take care of her, I would love her because she's so much more than her looks, and I wish I could heal any pain she has. I wish I could do all that.

And this brings me to my point, these feelings are real. They are intense. I hope peeps here chat more with me, because I really like discussing this and letting out. No one in my life thankfully knows, only my sister knows I'm in love with my CO, we watched a movie with her a while back and I kept unintentionally smiling when my crush came, so it was kinda obvious. I obviously can't tell her what I'm going through, and my sis also has a celeb crush, and I've done everything in my power to make sure she doesn't get too attached and that she knows that celeb crushes are guidelines for real life romances. So every now and then I check up on her, and we discuss her celeb crush. She's completely fine and it's just a small crush, but I'm just making sure it doesn't spiral out of control like it did for me. I tell her the things I wish I could've heard while not making it a big deal at the same time.

This very real feeling sometimes also just makes you feel weird, you know? I was in a room with friends and at the back of my mind I knew they'd all be weirded out if they knew what I was going through. I also haven't told my parents even though I've told them mostly everything that bothers me, but this one just...I'm pretty sure they'd laugh at first and then feel uncomfortable and be unsure how to deal with it.

I casually mentioned it to a close friend, and he'd say I'd get over it. Which honestly never helps anyone get through anything, it kinda gets on my nerves when people say that as if the feeling you feel is irrelevant. And then I casually mentioned I was hoping to find someone like her, I was desperate deep down then for someone to tell me it was alright and my friend's a sweetheart, how was he supposed to know? Anyway he told me that I probably wouldn't find someone like her exactly, and in the process kinda put a nail in my heart un-intentionally.

My mentor, bless her heart, told me EXACTLY what I needed to hear and saved me a lot of baggage. My mentor doesn't know the situation exactly, but she says knowing what you want 'physically' and 'traits you like' are NOT shallow, and that being a little bit picky and choosy is good when it comes to wanting a serious romance. She told me your partner should be the most beautiful person inside and OUT, because you should look at another person and think that no one would compare to your lover.

I'm not making dating a priority but that's honestly that's how I'd feel if my CO was my SO and why I'll only consider serious dating if I meet someone like my CO. And I dgaf if people think I'm limiting my dating pool because of that, I don't care at this point because I REFUSE finding someone who's only going to be 2nd best every time.

Edited by FlashFlame23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, decado said:

Thank you so much @HopelessRomantic2011 & @alliryann18 for taking the time to respond to me. I guess I just feel so isolated. Especially as my friends seem to have vanished. I think the thing that hurts most is I was just a number to him. He forgot me as soon as he met me. 

I’m still in the process of going over the details. Although the memories are now fading fast. I’m struggling to remember and the more I think the more I can’t remember what happened. 

I will take what you both have said to me and have a good think about it. I’m just all over the place, I had hoped by now it would have settled, but it feels worse.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me 😘

 

I had a dream with my CO and I had never felt so happy. I picked her up in my arms, and kissed her neck, man, we were smiling so much. In the dream we actually also had an argument before we made up and went out for a date. I woke up feeling amazing, then I went to hang out with some friends and theeen....I realized the hole in my heart was still there, that lonely aching hole, and while it was filled for a little bit, now all of a sudden I felt alone in a huge crowd. The best I could do is ignore it, and I'm trying to, I know how hard it is.

Edited by FlashFlame23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flame,

It sounds to me like you have a healthy attitude about your co.  If you are trying to help prevent your sister from developing feelings as intense as you and I have had about our cos, that is awesome.   When I was your age it was easier because we didn’t have the technology we have today.   I subscribed to Bop magazine when I was in junior high and in high school I read seventeen magazine.   I got really into the early internet stuff but it was so limited.  I remember the very first website I looked at was for dimetapp cold medicine.   I talked to my friends on aol instant messenger and emailed a lot.  It boggles my mind daily how everything has changed so much.  My first CO was Scott Foley from Felicity.

Edited by starbucksjunkee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, starbucksjunkee said:

Flame,

It sounds to me like you have a healthy attitude about your co.  If you are trying to help prevent your sister from developing feelings as intense as you and I have had about our cos, that is awesome.   When I was your age it was easier because we didn’t have the technology we have today.   I subscribed to Bop magazine when I was in junior high and in high school I read seventeen magazine.   I got really into the early internet stuff but it was so limited.  I remember the very first website I looked at was for dimetapp cold medicine.   I talked to my friends on aol instant messenger and emailed a lot.  It boggles my mind daily how everything has changed so much.  My first CO was Scott Foley from Felicity.

Wow, how do you remember that?? I have no idea what the first website I ever looked at was, but I do remember that my first major CO was Joey McIntyre when I was around 8 years old (and that was way before the Internet. lol). I've met him twice since becoming an adult and I have photos with him, so that was cool. He seems like a nice guy and he's just as cute in person. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, starbucksjunkee said:

Flame,

It sounds to me like you have a healthy attitude about your co.  If you are trying to help prevent your sister from developing feelings as intense as you and I have had about our cos, that is awesome.   When I was your age it was easier because we didn’t have the technology we have today.   I subscribed to Bop magazine when I was in junior high and in high school I read seventeen magazine.   I got really into the early internet stuff but it was so limited.  I remember the very first website I looked at was for dimetapp cold medicine.   I talked to my friends on aol instant messenger and emailed a lot.  It boggles my mind daily how everything has changed so much.  My first CO was Scott Foley from Felicity.

Thanks, I'm trying to keep my attitude on my CO positive.  Yeah, I would never wish this feeling on anyone, and I'm pretty much just checking up on her and letting her talk about it, but honestly, it is a small crush, and nowhere even close to what I'm having and I thank god for that. 

I really hate the internet nowadays. I hate how people gush over my CO. I mean, it makes me feel a bit insecure because everyone wants to date her, but it also gives me hope.  I'd be the one who without a second thought would hold her hair back as she threw up, because to me she's a person and not a object. If I was with her I'd be there when she's at her worst. And that gives me hope that maybe I could be with someone like her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

Wow, how do you remember that?? I have no idea what the first website I ever looked at was, but I do remember that my first major CO was Joey McIntyre when I was around 8 years old (and that was way before the Internet. lol). I've met him twice since becoming an adult and I have photos with him, so that was cool. He seems like a nice guy and he's just as cute in person. 😀

Hopeless,

OCD...it was my first diagnosis.  Now granted over the years some of the memories have gotten distorted and fuzzy but I do remember most if not all of my first crushes celebrities or not and all of the past relationships which I wish I could take a pill to get rid of!  But fortunately it doesn't hurt as much as it used to...it just hurts when I am very unwell and not sleeping because I still have bad dreams about them...or have i shared too much?  :(  I found someone I used to like on facebook before  I left and I was so tempted to message him but it had been over 20 years since we spoke so I was sure he would not remember me.  So I let it go.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 24, 2018 at 9:14 AM, starbucksjunkee said:

Musiclover,

I understand how seeing your CO dressed up next to a girl at a wedding could hurt.  But let me share something with you.  When I was in college I had this friend who invited me to a wedding.   I thought he had feelings for me but at the wedding he barely paid any attention to me at all.   He wasn’t interested in me romantically.  He had led me on.   It hurt for a very long time and led to my first major breakdown.   So just because your co took someone to a wedding doesnt mean that she will become the love of his life.  Look at how few hollywood couples stay together.  Michael J. Fox and his wife are an inspiration to me but so few have that.  I thought Angelina and Brad Pitt were like them but God knows whats going on there.  For me its twitter and facebook that have caused my downfall.  I left facebook and will never go back.  I am trying to give up Josh completely.  i write poems and journal and listen to music and come here.  Thank God we have a place that is safe to talk about these things!

I'm so sorry that happened to you. 

The wedding hasn't happened yet, I'm just worrying over something that might happen. It sounds so silly to me when I type it out like that. But I'm going to keep your words in mind in case it does. You're right. If he does bring a date (if he even goes to the wedding), it doesn't mean that she's the love of his life. 

Everything was so much easier before social media! It's so easy to come across something upsetting these days. None of my COs have ever been super famous, at least not while they were my CO. I tend to go for lesser known singers and now athletes. The last few have been pretty private, but I still manage to come across things I'd rather avoid. The tricky part is I don't have any friends here and social media is pretty much the only way I ever connect with anyone. I like that part of it. I just wish I could have that without all the bad stuff. I'm so happy this place exists!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 4:16 AM, decado said:

Hope everyone is ok. 

 

I’m so sorry for coming here, I just don’t know where else to turn. So I apologise in advance.

 

Two weeks ago today. I met my CO and I have regretted doing so ever since. I feel like I have made the biggest fool out of myself and he’s gone away hating me. 

I’ve felt utterly miserable and worthless ever since. Also to make matters worse the friends I went with have dropped me like a stone. No one will talk with me and I feel more alone than ever. I think this is making everything seem twice as bad.

I’ve had some extremely dark thoughts during the past two weeks and I’ve never felt so alone. I wish I could turn back time and never have met him. 

 

I am sorry to hear that you felt letdown after meeting your CO.  Oftentimes we have certain expectations when it comes to meeting our COs and more times than not, it isn't what we expected or wanted.  I was on cloud nine after meeting mine but I also felt letdown and depressed because it all happened so fast and we had to part ways.  I hope you felt a little something good when meeting your CO something you can look back fondly on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first ever CO was Captain Kirk/William Shatner from when I was 7.  He's been an On again off again CO the last almost 30 years. 

I have heard about him not being very nice to fans and being rude.  This really hurt me seeing that as I wanted to believe he was perfect. I've also heard a few stories about M not being very nice but most people that have met him says he's a real sweetheart.  He serms like a decent human being.  Coworkers don't complain about him, he hasn't been involved in any scandals etc.  

For the most part I'm happy with my CO.  I enjoy looking him up and watching videos of him.  It helps that he's single too.

I wish everyone here was happy about their COs and not stressed or depressed over them.  I know I was those things when a CO would have a significant other and I would avoid media at all costs.

 

I wish everyone a well week.  I'm by myself this summer as family has left for 6 weeks.  I am sad and lonely but my CO is keeping me afloat.  Thank goodness for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, musiclover83 said:

I'm so sorry that happened to you. 

The wedding hasn't happened yet, I'm just worrying over something that might happen. It sounds so silly to me when I type it out like that. But I'm going to keep your words in mind in case it does. You're right. If he does bring a date (if he even goes to the wedding), it doesn't mean that she's the love of his life. 

Everything was so much easier before social media! It's so easy to come across something upsetting these days. None of my COs have ever been super famous, at least not while they were my CO. I tend to go for lesser known singers and now athletes. The last few have been pretty private, but I still manage to come across things I'd rather avoid. The tricky part is I don't have any friends here and social media is pretty much the only way I ever connect with anyone. I like that part of it. I just wish I could have that without all the bad stuff. I'm so happy this place exists!

I know!  Sometimes I wish Twitter and Facebook didn't exist.  I set up an anonymous Twitter account so I could block all of Josh's pages and I gave up Facebook seven years ago.   I cut out one picture of him and Ben Lee & made it really small.  I am going to put it in my scrapbook.  If they had just made that music and he had never been an actor, I would have been so happy.   They are like a modern version of Simon and Garfunkel, whom I adore.  But unfortunately he wrote two articles and a mailing list which were the reasons I fell for him hard.   I can't even fantasize about him anymore without feeling physically ill.   The only thing positive I can say is that I am glad he exists.  He has made me realize I can never settle.   If he knew how much he hurt me psychologically I know he would feel terrible.  One of my favorite songs right now is I Hope You're Happy by Blue October.  Whenever I find myself missing him I exercise and sing that song.  I really wish he never would have been cast on HIMYM.  Because then I would never have known he existed.  I used to love it but now I can never watch it again.   Sometimes I pray for him.  It helps a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, starbucksjunkee said:

I know!  Sometimes I wish Twitter and Facebook didn't exist.  I set up an anonymous Twitter account so I could block all of Josh's pages and I gave up Facebook seven years ago.   I cut out one picture of him and Ben Lee & made it really small.  I am going to put it in my scrapbook.  If they had just made that music and he had never been an actor, I would have been so happy.   They are like a modern version of Simon and Garfunkel, whom I adore.  But unfortunately he wrote two articles and a mailing list which were the reasons I fell for him hard.   I can't even fantasize about him anymore without feeling physically ill.   The only thing positive I can say is that I am glad he exists.  He has made me realize I can never settle.   If he knew how much he hurt me psychologically I know he would feel terrible.  One of my favorite songs right now is I Hope You're Happy by Blue October.  Whenever I find myself missing him I exercise and sing that song.  I really wish he never would have been cast on HIMYM.  Because then I would never have known he existed.  I used to love it but now I can never watch it again.   Sometimes I pray for him.  It helps a little.

I love that song too! Sometimes it helps get me through because if she's happy that's all I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 9:17 PM, ViceCityKitty said:

I am sorry to hear that you felt letdown after meeting your CO.  Oftentimes we have certain expectations when it comes to meeting our COs and more times than not, it isn't what we expected or wanted.  I was on cloud nine after meeting mine but I also felt letdown and depressed because it all happened so fast and we had to part ways.  I hope you felt a little something good when meeting your CO something you can look back fondly on.

Hello and hope everyone is doing ok! Thank you all for your lovely messages of support that means a lot. 😘

I’m still struggling with very mixed emotions about the whole event. We met three bands in total over the weekend, and all the members of each band, I was able to talk with absolutely fine. One band we met on the Saturday is an ultimate favourite of mine and I wasn’t star stuck at all. Also with the other four members of my COs band, I was able to chat perfectly fine with them, even the lead singer (who I have to admit it absolutely gorgeous and he has such a bubbly personality. I can understand why  girls go weak at the knees for him!!😂) But I could barely get any words out with my CO. Which makes me feel so guilty. 

Anyway I’d just like to apologise for not responding to your replies sooner, we had a car accident the other day and it’s been a nightmare since. 

Take care everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, decado said:

I’m still struggling with very mixed emotions about the whole event. We met three bands in total over the weekend, and all the members of each band, I was able to talk with absolutely fine. One band we met on the Saturday is an ultimate favourite of mine and I wasn’t star stuck at all. Also with the other four members of my COs band, I was able to chat perfectly fine with them, even the lead singer (who I have to admit it absolutely gorgeous and he has such a bubbly personality. I can understand why  girls go weak at the knees for him!!😂) But I could barely get any words out with my CO. Which makes me feel so guilty. 

Anyway I’d just like to apologise for not responding to your replies sooner, we had a car accident the other day and it’s been a nightmare since. 

Take care everyone! 

If it makes you feel any better, I've been there. I've gotten to meet some singers and bands over the years, a few of my former CO's being among them. I usually clam up or say something I think is stupid. Every once in a while I can sort of keep it together and actually chat with them a bit, but that's rare. It helps if it's someone I'm not attracted to because those are the worst for me. And then I've met a couple who were so friendly and warm that they made me feel comfortable. But more often than not I leave a meet and greet mentally smacking myself on the head for not saying anything. I'm so jealous of people who can talk to absolutely anyone! I have a cousin like that. It doesn't matter who they are. She'll meet someone and before too long it's like they've been friends for years. I'd love to be like that.

Sorry to hear about your car accident! Hope things get better soon. 

 

Meanwhile, the weekend I've been dreading is here. That wedding I've been worrying about is today. And then my birthday is the 1st. I just want to get it over with. I'll be so relieved to get to Monday! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, musiclover83 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I've been there. I've gotten to meet some singers and bands over the years, a few of my former CO's being among them. I usually clam up or say something I think is stupid. Every once in a while I can sort of keep it together and actually chat with them a bit, but that's rare. It helps if it's someone I'm not attracted to because those are the worst for me. And then I've met a couple who were so friendly and warm that they made me feel comfortable. But more often than not I leave a meet and greet mentally smacking myself on the head for not saying anything. I'm so jealous of people who can talk to absolutely anyone! I have a cousin like that. It doesn't matter who they are. She'll meet someone and before too long it's like they've been friends for years. I'd love to be like that.

Sorry to hear about your car accident! Hope things get better soon. 

 

Meanwhile, the weekend I've been dreading is here. That wedding I've been worrying about is today. And then my birthday is the 1st. I just want to get it over with. I'll be so relieved to get to Monday! 

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will literally chat to anyone who will listen. I surprised myself how well I did manage to talk with the other members and bands. I’ve never met anyone famous before and it was kinda strange seeing them face to face rather than on the telly. But we spoke about normal stuff. They were all so easy to chat with. Except my CO. He must have noticed that I was chat, chat, chat, really quite, then back to chatty again. I didn’t want to scare them or say something stupid so I kept it brief and calm. But I’m worried he might have thought I didn’t like them as much as the others and I feel so guilty.

 

And just to let you know I will be sending you lots of love and virtual hugs over the next few days. I understand how hard this much be, I’ve been through it. Be strong, keep your mind occupied with other things you enjoy. 

Feel free to message me if you want to vent or just chat. I’m here to listen. We will all help you get through this. 

Lots of love and virtual hugs! 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@decado

So sorry that you were in a car accident! I hope you are doing well. 4 years ago I was in a crash and rollover with our family minivan and it was quite jarring. 

I'm sure that your CO probably thought you were a charming and bubbly girl. He sees lots of people so I'm sure he thought positively or just neutral of you no matter what. Not negative.

I thought that he had been curt or dismissive of you from what you'd posted-- and it sounds like that wasn't the case at all. You are probably suffering from the 'letdown' that people experience after meeting their CO's. 

Edited by alliryann18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ViceCityKitty said:

Decado,

I hope you are okay! Car accidents are no joke and very, very scary.  Sending virtual hugs. {{{}}}

Thank you so much, I love my Car so much and it’s broke my heart. 😘😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...