Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@Nikki,

I don't feel offended. I can understand why people would like either type of celebrity, and I can see why you don't like the secrecy. I can also see why people don't like it in their face either.

I am not sure which I prefer. I have mixed feelings. My CO is rather private. That (mostly) works for me because I don't really want to see him with his significant other all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@littlegirlost28,

I wish I could want my CO to stay with his SO! That would be so unselfish of me, lol! 😄

Sometimes as a kid I would get obsessed with TV couples staying together, but it was mostly characters, not the real actors I would get obsessed with. I know how it feels to really want a couple to stay together because I did have that longing about the characters and it broke my heart if I felt they didn't love each other. If the characters didn't act loving toward each other on the show, I would cry and get very upset. I couldn't stand to see them not being in love. So I can kind of relate.

Have you thought about writing fiction about the people you want staying together, and making the story go as you want it to be? Or how about focusing on characters in stories rather than people from real life? It might be more satisfying because story characters won't break up (if the story is complete) and you can expand on their relationship and imagine their happy life together. Real human beings are unpredictable, so you never know when they will shift or break up. Fantasy characters won't let you down if the story is already finished. Maybe you could get interested in stories where the couple ends up together at the end. That way, they won't ever break up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blue star,

I am sorry.  I have Asperger’s syndrome and I take everything literally, have poor eye contact, and misunderstand other people a lot.   I am really sorry.  Maybe I shouldn’t post on this forum anymore.  I have social anxiety so I don’t think I’d ever have the guts to send stuff to my co even through a fan directed address.

Starbucksjunkee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, starbucksjunkee said:

Blue star,

I am sorry.  I have Asperger’s syndrome and I take everything literally, have poor eye contact, and misunderstand other people a lot.   I am really sorry.  Maybe I shouldn’t post on this forum anymore.  I have social anxiety so I don’t think I’d ever have the guts to send stuff to my co even through a fan directed address.

Starbucksjunkee

I can relate because I'm autistic too.  I think I might have OCD also, but my shrinks don't think so.  I don't think I could send stuff to my favorite COs either. I'm not good at picking out gifts and I believe in the whole 'never meet your heroes' idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, starbucksjunkee said:

Blue star,

I am sorry.  I have Asperger’s syndrome and I take everything literally, have poor eye contact, and misunderstand other people a lot.   I am really sorry.  Maybe I shouldn’t post on this forum anymore.  I have social anxiety so I don’t think I’d ever have the guts to send stuff to my co even through a fan directed address.

Starbucksjunkee

It’s ok, @starbucksjunkee. That’s no reason for you to stop posting here! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It depends on who your hero is.  I have actually met a few of my heroes because of DBSA.  Kay Jamison was wonderful and I am so glad I met her.  But since Josh triggered psychosis, I never want to meet him now.  In fact, I wish I could get that part of my brain that thinks about him surgically removed.  I dont know what would happen if I ever actually was in the same place as him.  I don’t ever want to go to LA for that reason.   If I was traveling with my mother I could just walk away and ignore him but if I was alone.  I dunno.  He makes me want to be a better person.  But that’s the only thing positive I can say about him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find myself googling ex friends and ex boyfriends too often.  I looked at one ex friend's profile on linkedin and for a while I wanted to reconnect with her and start over.  Now I find myself jealous of her because she is a successful doctor and I saw her wedding page.  Sometimes I feel like a 16 year old trapped in a 37 year old's body.  I used to be so beautiful.  I look at pictures of myself from when I was in high school.  I was so thin.  I don't think I'll ever look like that again.  I had less self esteem then than I do  now and I can't understand it.  I'm working on a prequel for my book and it's really tough but I think some of it needs to be said.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm looking in the rear view mirror too much.  But if my books help other people and give them some hope then that is good a good thing.  I can't believe how bad cyberbullying is now and I'm not happy about our potus.  I would not want to be a kid growing up today.  Makes a lot of the terrible stuff I went through seem minimal by comparison.  
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, starbucksjunkee said:

I find myself googling ex friends and ex boyfriends too often.  I looked at one ex friend's profile on linkedin and for a while I wanted to reconnect with her and start over.  Now I find myself jealous of her because she is a successful doctor and I saw her wedding page.  Sometimes I feel like a 16 year old trapped in a 37 year old's body.  I used to be so beautiful.  I look at pictures of myself from when I was in high school.  I was so thin.  I don't think I'll ever look like that again.  I had less self esteem then than I do  now and I can't understand it.  I'm working on a prequel for my book and it's really tough but I think some of it needs to be said.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm looking in the rear view mirror too much.  But if my books help other people and give them some hope then that is good a good thing.  I can't believe how bad cyberbullying is now and I'm not happy about our potus.  I would not want to be a kid growing up today.  Makes a lot of the terrible stuff I went through seem minimal by comparison.  
 

 

Yup, I feel the same way. I feel like my youth is fading away (although I know I’m not THAT old), but I also wasn’t confident even when I was younger. I never felt like I had any power over guys like men like to claim women in their 20s have. I never felt like I was calling the shots in the dating game. Now I realize how quickly time flew by and it’s just going to continue to fly by. So having said that, we should just try to appreciate where we are right now because we definitely aren’t getting any younger!

Regarding looking up people from the past, I do that too and it never makes me feel good about myself so I should just stop. There’s no point in comparing my life to theirs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am glad I am not the only one who looks up people from my past.  I stopped comparing myself for a while but now I am doing it again.  I have gained so much weight my self esteem is really low.  I used to keep nice clothes in smaller sizes but then I realized I was putting too much pressure on myself.   I donated it all except for the two dresses I wore in my brother's wedding.  I felt good about making someone else happy.  I feel good enough about myself enough to not settle for a jerk and to not have friends who are mean and take advantage.   I guess that is something positive.  Sorry I am posting so much today.  I am feeling really down today.   I wish I had one more session with my therapist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, starbucksjunkee said:

Blue star,

I am sorry.  I have Asperger’s syndrome and I take everything literally, have poor eye contact, and misunderstand other people a lot.   I am really sorry.  Maybe I shouldn’t post on this forum anymore.  I have social anxiety so I don’t think I’d ever have the guts to send stuff to my co even through a fan directed address.

Starbucksjunkee

Actually, I'm autistic too, so I can relate. You don't need to send your CO a gift to his public office if you don't feel comfortable about it.

In any case, no need to feel bad about whatever you said. There's no reason to stop posting here. You're always welcome to post. I didn't mean to make you feel like you shouldn't post. It's really not that big of a deal.

Edited by BlueStarr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I look up people from my past sometimes too and it rarely ends well. It seems like I'm one of the only people from my class who isn't married and doesn't have kids. It bugs me a lot sometimes. I've never been confident, ever. I remember some friends encouraging me to write a note to a boy I had a crush on in 8th grade at the end of the school year. He didn't like me, at least not the way I wanted him to. He was nice about it, which is something, but it still hurt. The upside was that I started going to a different school the next year so I never saw him again. Not in person. We're friends on facebook now and he has a kid now. I've been over him for a long time, but it's just one more person who has a family. One more reminder that I don't have a family of my own.

Since then I've never found the courage to tell any other guy I was interested in that I liked him. Of course, it's been a long time since I was interested in a regular, non-celebrity guy. I can't even imagine trying to tell my CO that I'm attracted to him!  Especially since so many of these guys date models and no one's ever going to mistake me for a model. My self-esteem has been pretty non-existent for a while now. I can't imagine why any guy would ever be interested in me, even if I was a gorgeous model type. I have too many issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone 

It's been awhile since I last posted here.  I see some familiar faces and new ones.  My CO obsession is still very strong.  I got to meet my last CO two times and get his autograph.  While he isn't my main CO anymore, he still holds a special place in my heart.

I have a new CO, MK, who has been on my mind a lot lately.  His pictures cover my bedroom walls as did my last CO.  I really want to visit his Hollywood Star which is only 300 feet from my other COs.  

I'm able to function normally in life and work but my CO consumes all my free time. All I do on social media is post about him.  I even tell my coworkers that I have a bf named M.  Most days I can get through ok but some days I cry because I can't ever really have him even though he is single and not seeing anyone right now. Oh well.  A girl can dream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ViceCityKitty said:

Hi everyone 

It's been awhile since I last posted here.  I see some familiar faces and new ones.  My CO obsession is still very strong.  I got to meet my last CO two times and get his autograph.  While he isn't my main CO anymore, he still holds a special place in my heart.

I have a new CO, MK, who has been on my mind a lot lately.  His pictures cover my bedroom walls as did my last CO.  I really want to visit his Hollywood Star which is only 300 feet from my other COs.  

I'm able to function normally in life and work but my CO consumes all my free time. All I do on social media is post about him.  I even tell my coworkers that I have a bf named M.  Most days I can get through ok but some days I cry because I can't ever really have him even though he is single and not seeing anyone right now. Oh well.  A girl can dream.

Hey there, glad to hear that you got to meet your former CO! That’s always exciting. What is it that attracted you to your new CO? People tell my current CO that he looks like the guy who was my CO last summer. lol I can see why people say that. There are some similarities, but I don’t think they really look that much alike. I guess I just have a type. 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

Hey there, glad to hear that you got to meet your former CO! That’s always exciting. What is it that attracted you to your new CO? People tell my current CO that he looks like the guy who was my CO last summer. lol I can see why people say that. There are some similarities, but I don’t think they really look that much alike. I guess I just have a type. 🙂 

I was watching a well known movie on Netflix (I've seen it lots of times before) but this time when the main character came on, my heart just fluttered like crazy especially when he kissed the girl in the movie.  He's made my heart flutter before but not to CO status until now.  I love how quirky he is and his curls.  Lol And he is a very versatile and talented actor.  But sadly underrated.  His movies range from comedy to dramas and he is superb in each one.  He's played good guys and bad guys and I've enjoyed all his performances. He is just the bees knees! ❤️❤️❤️

 

I don't know if I could say I have a certain type.  But I have never had a CO on a current mega star.  I've had megastar COs but not during their time of huge stardom but afterwards if that makes sense.  Though MK has consistently been making movies the last few years and has another one coming out in 2019.  

Edited by ViceCityKitty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2018 at 1:01 PM, ViceCityKitty said:

I was watching a well known movie on Netflix (I've seen it lots of times before) but this time when the main character came on, my heart just fluttered like crazy especially when he kissed the girl in the movie.  He's made my heart flutter before but not to CO status until now.  I love how quirky he is and his curls.  Lol And he is a very versatile and talented actor.  But sadly underrated.  His movies range from comedy to dramas and he is superb in each one.  He's played good guys and bad guys and I've enjoyed all his performances. He is just the bees knees! ❤️❤️❤️

 

I don't know if I could say I have a certain type.  But I have never had a CO on a current mega star.  I've had megastar COs but not during their time of huge stardom but afterwards if that makes sense.  Though MK has consistently been making movies the last few years and has another one coming out in 2019.  

Welcome @ViceCityKitty I remember your username from a long time ago when I lurked the old CO thread. I notice you have a Miami Vice avatar. I was a big fan of that show as a kid- loved both main characters/actors though neither was ever a CO in the sense of the word!

My CO episode is improving and getting better ever since I quit everything that would bring pics and news of him. But that does not mean the same thing can happen repeatedly since I am a big movie fan. I'm so susceptible to falling hard for a few of the Marvel Comics movies' male actors. I have a few favorites I like to fangirl over, haha maybe more than a few, but so far I'm enjoying it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's good that your CO episode is improving.  I still look up pictures and vids of M all the time. But so far there is no negative effects . I do have a thing for a Marvel villain.  Lol I won't say which one though. 😊

I was curious if anyone else has a comfort object of their CO?  I do and I often have it with me especially in times of stress or unhappiness.  It brings me solace and just makes me feel better.  I bring it with me on trips or for rides in the car and I keep it next to me at night.  I know that sounds crazy but it really is therapeutic for me.  I have had a comfort object for each of my COs.  My family knows about it but are very respectful to me about it.    I used to keep a picture in my car of my CO but I stopped doing that because a few times I loaned out my car to someone and forgot about my picture.  It was embarrassing.

I do have to admit that I loathe my CO's ex. They were together for a long time and whenever I see her, I get so jealous of her even though it's been over 20 years since they were a couple.  I guess it doesn't help that I absolutely hated the show she was in.  A very popular show in its time that I found so stupid.  I never liked her anyway even before M was my CO.  But I am relieved that he is currently single.  Not like I have a chance with him but it helps further the fantasy in a positive way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, so I created this account for the sole purpose of venting out my situation after three years of thinking I'm nuts.

I'm in love with this celebrity who plays this character that I absolutely am in love with. She's imperfect, but to me, she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen inside and out. I always had a crush on her for three years starting since I was 13 which was pretty normal for me back then, but recently the last few months since February it's gotten so much more intense.

I keep imagining that I'm with her. That I can hold her, kiss her, love her, wake up to her. But then the fear that I can't be with that character, the fear I won't find someone like her. I mean, I woke up this morning, feeling numb and pretty much crying because I can never be with her. I''m not in love with the actress, but more of the character, but since the actress looks like the character and seeing her boyfriend by accident made me feel super sick, and then realizing she has a baby just hurt me, those are all things I would give anything to have with the character she plays.

I keep telling myself: Dude, you'll find someone exactly like her, looks and personality wise!  But, idk, it just hurts so much. She's a widely known celeb, and I hate that the whole world knows her and lusts after her, it just..Idk, it ****s me up.  She's not mine but....I wish I could have a relationship with her, her imperfections and all. And the thought of her with other guys KILLS me.

It hasn't ****ed up my day to day schedule. I still workout, am very healthy physically, and hasn't ruined my social life, I'm a well liked person, and I do have a lot of female friends. I hope I'll find someone like my celeb crush if not better.

Edited by FlashFlame23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, FlashFlame23 said:

Hey, so I created this account for the sole purpose of venting out my situation after three years of thinking I'm nuts.

I'm in love with this celebrity who plays this character that I absolutely am in love with. She's imperfect, but to me, she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen inside and out. I always had a crush on her for three years starting since I was 13 which was pretty normal for me back then, but recently the last few months since February it's gotten so much more intense.

I keep imagining that I'm with her. That I can hold her, kiss her, love her, wake up to her. But then the fear that I can't be with that character, the fear I won't find someone like her. I mean, I woke up this morning, feeling numb and pretty much crying because I can never be with her. I''m not in love with the actress, but more of the character, but since the actress looks like the character and seeing her boyfriend by accident made me feel super sick, and then realizing she has a baby just hurt me, those are all things I would give anything to have with the character she plays.

I keep telling myself: Dude, you'll find someone exactly like her, looks and personality wise!  But, idk, it just hurts so much. She's a widely known celeb, and I hate that the whole world knows her and lusts after her, it just..Idk, it ****s me up.  She's not mine but....I wish I could have a relationship with her, her imperfections and all. And the thought of her with other guys KILLS me.

It hasn't ****ed up my day to day schedule. I still workout, am very healthy physically, and hasn't ruined my social life, I'm a well liked person, and I do have a lot of female friends. I hope I'll find someone like my celeb crush if not better.

So you’re about 16, then? Many of us here definitely understand that these feelings can be intense and overwhelming, and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been sad about it. But you have so many years ahead of you to meet a great girl (several great girls, even!) I think you’ll be fine. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

So you’re about 16, then? Many of us here definitely understand that these feelings can be intense and overwhelming, and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been sad about it. But you have so many years ahead of you to meet a great girl (several great girls, even!) I think you’ll be fine. 🙂

I'm 16, yup.

I'm glad to be around people who actually understand how real this feels. I've been trying to focus on the positive things, like how this crush helps me understand what traits I find attractive and stuff, and how rewarding it will feel to be with someone real I'm madly in love with (I'd be oh so  appreciative, cause I know how having this unattainable crush feels).

I've been telling myself essentially the same thing you said, and I do think I have a great shot finding true love! I could've dated in high school, but I'm waiting for college in Sweden. I'm just glad to just vent about my current feelings however to people who get what's going on with me.

Edited by FlashFlame23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ViceCityKitty

A comfort object...that's an interesting idea.  I do have a stuffed monkey but it's a comfort object because my dog passed away and I don't have her to hold any more.  Sometimes I think of my co when I hold it.  But not always.  Well, I went to lunch with my friend and something kinda embarrassing happened.  I got into a giggle fit.  I told my friend let's go to the mexican place downtown that we both like.  She said sure.  We had a lot of great girl talk but when my friend crush whatever he is came in I said there he is and I said is my face red and she said yes and I giggled for two minutes!  I haven't done that in ages.  When he came over, I was cool.  I said I gave my new address to a mutual friend and he asked if I wanted to exchange phone numbers and email addresses.  I said okay and I wrote my email address down.  Not phone number.  I wanted to give him my phone number and take a picture with us so badly but I didn't.  I hope we can be email pals and I can practice my Spanish with him.  That's what I'll miss the most when I move...I'm moving next week.  Not far away but far enough so I won't get to see him again probably.  Sigh.  It's nice to have a real crush on a real person but it is hard too.  I have no idea how old he is and if he's married.  My guess is that he's married.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ViceCityKittyI've never really thought of it as a comfort object for my CO exactly, but I do have this stuffed bear that I hold onto when I'm upset about something and in thinking about it I do think about my CO whenever I do. So I guess in a way that's kind of been one. 

I've been feeling silly because I was so worried about him being at this event I thought he would be at and it turns out he was playing in some kind of charity hockey game instead so he wasn't even at said event. I did come across a picture of him with a couple of kids at that game he played in. The caption said he'd given them each a signed hockey stick and all I could think was, great, one more reason to like him. It also got me wondering what kind of father he'd be, though I shut down that train of that pretty quickly. It just didn't seem like a good path to go down.

I have been a bit baffled at how he seems to look better with every new picture I see. I don't know what it was about this one. He wasn't dressed up or anything. He was just wearing a plain white shirt, shorts and flip flops, but he looked so handsome. Figures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, musiclover83 said:

 

I have been a bit baffled at how he seems to look better with every new picture I see. I don't know what it was about this one. He wasn't dressed up or anything. He was just wearing a plain white shirt, shorts and flip flops, but he looked so handsome. Figures. 

I think we all feel that way.  We enjoy seeing pix of our COs and of course they look great in every picture.  M could be very dressed down and I would still think he looks terrific! He sure knows how to rock a tux.  Someone was saying he looks so good in his pictures that he makes the clothes talk.  So true.

Edited by ViceCityKitty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2018 at 7:00 PM, ViceCityKitty said:

I'm able to function normally in life and work but my CO consumes all my free time. All I do on social media is post about him.  I even tell my coworkers that I have a bf named M.  Most days I can get through ok but some days I cry because I can't ever really have him even though he is single and not seeing anyone right now. Oh well.  A girl can dream.

I can kinda relate. I can relate to loathing my CO's exes and the actors who've kissed her. It makes me feel like , like...I'm watching the love of my life not being with me.  I can't even look her up, I accidentally saw a photo of her and it just...Hurts so much.  I like fantasizing about her, but at this point, it hurts too much to even think about her, I've tried lucid dreaming and I was hoping that would be a way to feel better. All I can say is that I hope I feel like this towards someone real, **** this. Someone who's like her but blows her out of the park.

Quote

I think we all feel that way.  We enjoy seeing pix of our COs and of course they look great in every picture.  M could be very dressed down and I would still think he looks terrific! He sure knows how to rock a tux.  Someone was saying he looks so good in his pictures that he makes the clothes talk.  So true.

My favorite pics of my CO is when she's on the streets or at the gym without makeup. I guess it just makes me feel like she's a real person and that I can find a real person like her. Of course she's beautiful to me either way.

Edited by FlashFlame23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys, I have no clue how old some of you are. But I want a message of hope in case it's not too late. We can find someone who's like our CO and who makes us go: ''Pffff. My SO is hotter and so much better on the inside.''

I know this is SO ****ING HARD. I'm probably the youngest here so I don't have much experience but I'm keeping hope. I saw a girl who looks EXACTLY like a celebrity and has a great heart. My point is, there are people out there that are exactly like your CO and have a inner side that is beautiful and that will love you.  I know what attracts me physically and personality wise and I will use that to find a girl in my life!

Call me a hopeless optimist, but that's all I can be right now.

Edited by FlashFlame23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...