My celebrity obsession started February 4 after I watched her play a prostitute in a movie. I never knew movies could be dangerous to your mental health!

She's done a lot of work over the past 20 years, so there's no shortage of interviews and dramas for me to watch her in. Naturally I get very jealous when she kisses her costar. I also have this strange jealousy for how successful she is.

She's also so perfect in her interviews. I feel like if she wasn't so perfect I wouldn't be obsessed with her.

I write her letters as well.

Every part of my obsession is miserable. Image having feeling of jealousy, frustration, and worthlessness all wrapped up into one emotion.

She looks a lot like one of my estranged sisters, and I think there might be a connection.

Edited by coyote79903

On 4/17/2018 at 3:36 PM, Natasha1 said:

Continuation from our first thread. Last 3 posts are here:

nosleep     0

Posted Saturday at 12:38 PM · 

On 14/04/2018 at 8:25 AM, decado said:

Well I’ve just done something incredibly stupid, I just came across a new interview with my CO thats really upset me. I really wished I hadn’t pressed play. By the title of the interview I should have known that it wasn’t going to be something I wanted to hear, I’m so stupid 😬

Sorry everyone I just needed to vent, I feel so silly right now. 

Just like you told me, don't beat yourself up about it!  It's so easy to give into temptation. That's the thing with celebrities - their personal lives are out there, and it can be really hard to keep them in a little box where they only do and say things that make you happy. When they start talking about things in their real lives that don't fit into what you want from them, it can be painful, almost like they're doing it to hurt you intentionally.  It's not logical to feel that way, but since when are emotions logical, right? Maybe this will be a good thing, and it will help you to move on from them? 

•  

BlueStarr     89

Posted Saturday at 06:11 PM · 

On 14/04/2018 at 8:25 AM, decado said:

Well I’ve just done something incredibly stupid, I just came across a new interview with my CO thats really upset me. I really wished I hadn’t pressed play. By the title of the interview I should have known that it wasn’t going to be something I wanted to hear, I’m so stupid 😬

Sorry everyone I just needed to vent, I feel so silly right now. 

I don't think you're stupid. I would have looked at the interview too, if I were in your place. It's too much to resist the temptation, especially if the title was something I really wanted to know about. I'm sorry to hear it was upsetting. Vent some more here if you like. We'll understand.

•  

decado     284

Posted Sunday at 03:07 AM · 

ironically, I think if my CO wasn't so perfect I wouldn't be obsessed with her . . . please God let her be a bitch in one of her interviews!

On 8/22/2020 at 9:22 PM, Smophie said:

Love that 😂. Mind if I join you on your venture? 

at least your CO gives you some pleasure . . . every part of mine makes me feel miserable 

Hey!

So, I come here tonight in genuine pain. It's probably just my mood adding to it, but I'm feeling really jealous and left out.

See, there's this community for this one CO and he even stops in from time to time (going back to being vague, but the regulars probably know). Anyway, tonight I found out there is a special section for "special" folks. It's something that I can't be a part of (not really anything wrong, i just can't for x y z). And it really makes me feel left out. Add to that the drama with a few other members, one with whom I am still friends with and another I no longer could be. It's not really gossipy, because people are trying to be respectful, but there was a time when some things got out there and I happened to see it. It REALLY hurts hearing some of these things about my friend, but the other concern is that they could be saying similar things about me too! Granted, I'm in a different situation, but I'm not naive; people find things. ...

but so I'm in the middle (kinda) trying to help my friend, but like I'm going mental worrying it's going to be me next or wondering what's happening behind the curtain, so to speak. Again, my mood just decided to drop today too, so like that doesn't help. But this isn't the first time I've sensed these things and felt this way...not even just this community either. 

How is this about my CO?? Well, that's the other thing. He's been relatively quiet, and even the "special" people admit it (or wait, do they??)... and that is what's ******* me! In the beginning, I actually felt like I mattered. CO made me feel so, but now my fellow "friends" that came on with me for the first time too, are getting these "special" priveledges and it just makes me wonder if CO is spending time with just them...I mean, he already does this to some extent; stays in one section of the place most of the time and talks a lot to just a few... I FEEL LIKE A NOBODY AGAIN 😢 And I hate feeling this way, because the jealousy is only going to make me act more stupid or be all in my head... My friend took a break for her own good, but like some folks are happy about that... Do I need to take a break?...but then be completely forgotten and ignored and feel miserable every time I'm there?! (i'm spiraling. gonna end this. trying to stay above water, but it's still turbulant). 

I made an account just so that I could reply to this thread! I have a CO right now, and it's making me just plain sad.

It's probably because I have an SO, who I've been with for so long. I have trouble sleeping lately because I'm thinking of this CO and how gorgeous he is, and I'm literally lovesick. Of course I can't tell my longtime SO, it feels like cheating in my mind.

I'm hoping someone can relate, this is the only place on the Internet I've found where other women talk about feeling exactly how I do. Celebrity crushes are supposed to be fun, and I've had them in the past. I have only watched one part of the media this actor is in and I knew I couldn't watch any more. I'm so sick in love, it's ridiculous. He appeared on another media interview recently and I just about died of passion!

Is this nuts or what? My poor husband. It's not fair to him. 

I am about to say some very random things, and I hope you all can keep up.

• Like all of you here, I'm struggling with a CO.  Amongst other things.
  • I recently caved in yet again.
  • For almost 2 years, his apparent fans--or Moms as some fans call them--have started a hate campaign against his girlfriend.
  • Girlfriend has a kinda sketchy background apparently.
  • The hate campaign wasn't so bad at first.  A psychic made a prediction about them.  But it became a shit-show when a certain stan/wannabe investigator joined the party.  She's became the go-to queen.
  • Her vendetta feels very off, like she wants fame or something.  They're all crazy-his older fans that I've come across.  But queen stalker's motives are highly questionable.
  • Constant posts about GF's and CO's crimes, accusations, negative stuff, background checks.  Literal cyberstalking.  The list goes on and on.
  • It's hard to really enjoy anything of his or read any fan forums because attention always goes back to the girlfriend.
  • She's all anyone wants to talk about it seems.  I hate that, sketchy or not.
  • I've visited other neutral Insta-pages, but I always go back to the supposed appreciation threads on LSA.
  • I've learned a lot of unpleasant truths about CO as well.  A lot of epiphanies and predictions. 
  • The anti-fans/mommies claim they're looking out for him, but I just think they're addicted to the drama.
  • GF tried to get a restraining order, but she messed up.  She originally assumed that only one person was doing all the stalking, but it's at least 10.
  • They've also said vicious things about his dead ex and his daughter--also dead.
  • He's bisexual and they're homophobes.  Most of them.
  • Anyone who disagrees with them is put on time out and even banned sometimes.
  • I know GF is shady, but I can't help but feel sorry for her.  She may be a perp, but she's also a victim.  A victim of stalking and online abuse.
  • I wish everyone would just leave them alone. 
  • I wish this obsession would just end for good!

I have a lot to say, so I'll apologize in advance for the long post. I've had multiple COs throughout my life, but the past year or so has been relatively CO-free... Until recently. I decided to return to this forum because it was a tremendous help to me a few years ago and I hope it will be again. Having a group of people to relate to, share thoughts with, and feel like I'm in a judgement free zone isn't something that's an option in "real life", so this forum already means a lot to me. That being said, I'm really struggling right now. My fiancé and I moved in together for the first time about 2 months ago. I'm happy to be taking the next step in our relationship, but it feels like it happened for the wrong reasons. We moved to a new city because of his job and the job isn't something I'm happy about. The people he works with aren't good influences. They use drugs, they drive drunk, they have zero respect for their relationships, and they contact him at all hours of the day and night about things that have nothing to do with work. I'm having a very difficult time adjusting. I left my family and friends behind, and my fiancé's parents own a goat/cattle farm and I'm still very attached to those animals and seeing them once a week at the most instead of every day has been extremely difficult. Not to mention, there isn't a whole lot to do in the city that we moved to and I've been watching a lot of TV and movies to occupy my time. That's where what I thought was a former CO comes in. I've been watching his current TV show with my fiancé weekly for the past 4 seasons with no issues. Until the past couple weeks, I still found him attractive, but the obsession wasn't there. So just as I started really getting interested again and paying closer to his social media again... He went AWOL. He deleted all of his Instagram posts but not the actual account, protected his tweets, and said that he was going offline for Lent. As it turns out... A video of him pleasuring himself had been leaked online and that was the real reason for his disappearance. Obviously I have a lot of feelings about the situation... Some more complex than others. I gave in and watched the video, even though I found it disgusting that it was leaked without his consent. Either his phone was hacked and the video meant for his wife was stolen or he was cheating on his wife with someone that ended up leaking the video, and neither of those scenarios are at all okay. I feel guilty for watching the video and even more guilty for thinking it's so hot. My CO is obviously humiliated by it, and I can't even imagine what his wife must be going through. Plus I'm sure that my fiancé would be hurt if he knew that my obsession had returned and the reason for it. I've spent a lot of time online defending him, posting positive things about him, and trying to get posts removed that are saying derogatory things about him in the past few days. It's been a long time since I've felt this stressed about a CO.

On 2/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, Adelaide1775 said:

I made an account just so that I could reply to this thread! I have a CO right now, and it's making me just plain sad.

It's probably because I have an SO, who I've been with for so long. I have trouble sleeping lately because I'm thinking of this CO and how gorgeous he is, and I'm literally lovesick. Of course I can't tell my longtime SO, it feels like cheating in my mind.

I'm hoping someone can relate, this is the only place on the Internet I've found where other women talk about feeling exactly how I do. Celebrity crushes are supposed to be fun, and I've had them in the past. I have only watched one part of the media this actor is in and I knew I couldn't watch any more. I'm so sick in love, it's ridiculous. He appeared on another media interview recently and I just about died of passion!

Is this nuts or what? My poor husband. It's not fair to him. 

I can absolutely relate. I'm dealing with something very similar right now. I feel so much guilt and it's all just really confusing. I know I love my fiancé, and I know that whatever I feel for my CO isn't love, so I'm able to separate those feelings pretty easily, but my mind is still a mess. 

Posted (edited)

@dazedandconfused1  

I can absolutely relate. I'm dealing with something very similar right now. I feel so much guilt and it's all just really confusing. I know I love my fiancé, and I know that whatever I feel for my CO isn't love, so I'm able to separate those feelings pretty easily, but my mind is still a mess. 

I know how that can be. Sorry for all of the drama in your CO's life, it wasn't fair to him and his public image. 

I'm doing better by just avoiding this CO and I hope it fades. I often see him on my Facebook feed or book readers' IG feed, related to his show. Whenever I turn on Netflix I have to see the show's title, omg- I do this thing where I quickly close my eyes and click so I don't see it! Just to remove the temptation to keep watching the show. I only watched one episode. I already know that later on there are steamy scenes with him and a young beautiful co-actress, that's NOT something I wish to see for the sake of my marriage. 

Edited by Adelaide1775

Posted (edited)

@Adelaide1775 I think it's probably best if I try the avoidance approach as well. Maybe if I stay off of social media for a bit, things will calm down and I'll be more equipped to deal with it. My fiancé is aware of what's going on with my CO and we've even kinda joked about it, but he doesn't know how attractive I still find my CO. We're both fans of a lot of his movies and TV shows and I don't wanna ruin that. That tends to complicate an already complicated situation. 😬 Does your husband know about your CO at all? I'm not sure that I made the right decision telling my fiancé about mine when this started several years ago. He ended up hurt and upset because of it and that's why I really needed to come back here when my obsession returned. I needed to tell someone what was going on and I knew that it couldn't be my fiancé.

Edited by dazedandconfused1

Posted (edited)

Hi all, newbie here 🙂

I am so relieved to see a thread like this, I thought I was alone with my obsessions but turns out a lot of people can probably relate and understand.

I am a hypersensitive, hopeless romantic with a vivid imagination, so I have had my fair share of crushes on celebrities, fiction characters and other unattainable people over the years, but none of them felt like what I am experiencing now. When I was young and single, I always thought that my day would come and that I would experience these kind of feelings with someone real; basically, the crushes were entertaining distractions while waiting for the real thing. Now, I have the real thing, an actual SO with whom I've even been talking of marriage, and the CO had stopped when we got together but they have been back in full force over the past few weeks.

I am going through a hard time with the isolation and loneliness due to covid; the fact that my SO and I are doing long-distance definitely doesn't help. To distract myself from all the darkness, I have been watching a lot of my favourite sport (figure skating), which was enjoyable at first but caused me to develop an overwhelming obsession with one of the top male skaters. I basically can't find any flaw, his talent is out of this world, his story is inspirational, his personality is adorable and he's insanely attractive. He displays so much sensitivity and emotion in his choreographies, and I can't help but wish I could be at the receiving end of this kind of passion; thinking that some other woman will be experiencing this with him one day, hurts me to the core and turns me into a jealous mess that I am deeply ashamed of. If this wasn't unhealthy enough, knowing that he made such an impact on me but will never know who I am is also triggering feelings of worthlessness; my achievements are nothing next to his, I'm ugly, tall and disgracious while he prefers small and delicate girls, I know I would never be good enough to be his partner and I hate myself for it.

I am no psychologist, but I suppose that I became obsessed with this athlete because he embodies all the excitement, motivation, love and passion that are missing from my life right now. As a young scientist, I am now starting to realize how cold, emotionless and stuck-up the world of academia can be, with no place for human warmth. Additionally, despite being in a relationship, I don't feel emotionally fulfilled, mainly because of the temporary long distance but also because my SO is very pragmatic and practical instead of being sensitive like I am (and like my CO is). He makes it clear that being with me "makes sense" to him because of our aligning goals, common interests, convenient timing and situation etc, but he rarely expresses intense feelings; even though his reasoning is correct, I wish I could be more than a "logical choice" to him. I wish he could be overwhelmed with emotion sometimes instead of always staying down to earth and pragmatic. I wish he could love me with the same kind of intensity that I feel for him and that my CO expresses so well on the ice...

I know this is not fair to my SO, I love him and shouldn't be comparing him to anyone else, but I don't know how to fight these thoughts. I don't know how to deal with the jealousy whenever I imagine the lucky person who will be treated amazingly by my CO one day. I don't know how to get rid of the self-loathing voice telling me I wouldn't be good enough for my CO and he wouldn't look my way even if we lived on the same continent. And I don't know how to accept the reality of my life without needing to escape into fantasies and obsessions. I'll be listening if anyone has a word of advice or comfort...

Edited by NightSkyLover

7 hours ago, NightSkyLover said:

Hi all, newbie here 🙂

I am so relieved to see a thread like this, I thought I was alone with my obsessions but turns out a lot of people can probably relate and understand.

I am a hypersensitive, hopeless romantic with a vivid imagination, so I have had my fair share of crushes on celebrities, fiction characters and other unattainable people over the years, but none of them felt like what I am experiencing now. When I was young and single, I always thought that my day would come and that I would experience these kind of feelings with someone real; basically, the crushes were entertaining distractions while waiting for the real thing. Now, I have the real thing, an actual SO with whom I've even been talking of marriage, and the CO had stopped when we got together but they have been back in full force over the past few weeks.

I am going through a hard time with the isolation and loneliness due to covid; the fact that my SO and I are doing long-distance definitely doesn't help. To distract myself from all the darkness, I have been watching a lot of my favourite sport (figure skating), which was enjoyable at first but caused me to develop an overwhelming obsession with one of the top male skaters. I basically can't find any flaw, his talent is out of this world, his story is inspirational, his personality is adorable and he's insanely attractive. He displays so much sensitivity and emotion in his choreographies, and I can't help but wish I could be at the receiving end of this kind of passion; thinking that some other woman will be experiencing this with him one day, hurts me to the core and turns me into a jealous mess that I am deeply ashamed of. If this wasn't unhealthy enough, knowing that he made such an impact on me but will never know who I am is also triggering feelings of worthlessness; my achievements are nothing next to his, I'm ugly, tall and disgracious while he prefers small and delicate girls, I know I would never be good enough to be his partner and I hate myself for it.

I am no psychologist, but I suppose that I became obsessed with this athlete because he embodies all the excitement, motivation, love and passion that are missing from my life right now. As a young scientist, I am now starting to realize how cold, emotionless and stuck-up the world of academia can be, with no place for human warmth. Additionally, despite being in a relationship, I don't feel emotionally fulfilled, mainly because of the temporary long distance but also because my SO is very pragmatic and practical instead of being sensitive like I am (and like my CO is). He makes it clear that being with me "makes sense" to him because of our aligning goals, common interests, convenient timing and situation etc, but he rarely expresses intense feelings; even though his reasoning is correct, I wish I could be more than a "logical choice" to him. I wish he could be overwhelmed with emotion sometimes instead of always staying down to earth and pragmatic. I wish he could love me with the same kind of intensity that I feel for him and that my CO expresses so well on the ice...

I know this is not fair to my SO, I love him and shouldn't be comparing him to anyone else, but I don't know how to fight these thoughts. I don't know how to deal with the jealousy whenever I imagine the lucky person who will be treated amazingly by my CO one day. I don't know how to get rid of the self-loathing voice telling me I wouldn't be good enough for my CO and he wouldn't look my way even if we lived on the same continent. And I don't know how to accept the reality of my life without needing to escape into fantasies and obsessions. I'll be listening if anyone has a word of advice or comfort...

I think COVID has brought out these obsessions in a lot of people. I can't help but think that it contributed to the resurgence of my obsession with my CO after several years as well. I struggle with it a lot because I have an overwhelming urge to confide in my fiancé sometimes, but I learned from that mistake the last time around. It just adds to the feelings of isolation and confusion. As for your relationship with your SO... Has he always been so practical and seemingly unemotional (no offense to him at all... Just a lack of a better word), or has the unexpected long distance relationship caused by the pandemic worsened the problem? 

3 hours ago, dazedandconfused1 said:

I think COVID has brought out these obsessions in a lot of people. I can't help but think that it contributed to the resurgence of my obsession with my CO

You are right, the pandemic is an important factor for sure. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with your CO too. It's also a relief to see I'm not the only one having a CO despite being in a relationship. It must be hard to feel the urge to confide in your SO, I hope that talking about it on this forum is somewhat helpful for you.

3 hours ago, dazedandconfused1 said:

As for your relationship with your SO... Has he always been so practical and seemingly unemotional (no offense to him at all... Just a lack of a better word), or has the unexpected long distance relationship caused by the pandemic worsened the problem? 

He has always had a practical and logical mentality, he is clearly governed by his brain more than his heart (which isn't a bad thing most of the time, he nicely balances out my oversensitivity!). The fact that this mindset is starting to hurt and bother me is probably due to the long distance. He's not very eloquent with words, and while he is always hesitant to open up emotionally, when we are together he manages to convey some feelings through physical touch and little things like giving me small gifts, taking time to help me study, cooking for me, etc. Now these "little things" are gone due to the separation, and all we have left is words; while I have no trouble telling him how I feel and how much I miss him through texts and videochat, he is not very comfortable expressing himself like that and sticks to practical topics or awkward jokes that are sometimes borderline hurtful or offensive to me (though making me feel bad is never his intention).

Oddly, I don't feel lust for my CO. She has lots of **** photos online, but I'm not downloading them. However, there must be a sexual component since I became fixated on her after she played a prostitute in a movie, and I was affected by how she kisses her co-star.

I do have this strange jealousy for her.

Hello everybody,
Firstly I want to thank you all who shared their CO story here, helping me and probably many others to understand what is going on and how to deal with the problem. I read many pages in these thread (and the ancestor), of course not all of them, and this really helped me in the past few days.

I'm pretty far from the usual profile here, being a divorced old male in his early fifties, who never had a CO before. I might be slightly depressed but to me it feels more like existential realism, and was never diagnosed, or needed to be. Let’s just say that usually I don’t feel like jumping out of bed in the morning and lately I realized that I’m kind of waiting around to die, living without motivations.

For sure I’m much of a loner with only few friends and connections beside my small family. This didn’t bother me much till 2020, when working from home made me feel really alone. I guess that this deep feeling of loneliness probably triggered my obsession for this young musician who can be my daughter.

Actually having an unusual profile for this thread determined me to put my story here, so people in my situation will know they are not alone, and this can happen also to hmm … non “young females” – which seems to be the vast majority here.

I saw my CO firstly on an YT video about 9 months ago and didn’t even like the music – her poppish style is quite far from the electronic, progressive rock and experimental music I normally listen to. However, her presence on stage – a weird and full of passion singer – captured my attention and made me want to know more about her. So I watched a lot of her interviews and listen to her music. Slowly, during the next two weeks I became so in love with her voice and music that, naïve and innocent, I went on google searching for “music addiction” and similar stuff, because I wanted to understand why I cannot stop myself listening to her music 😊

Slowly I realized that it looks like I’m actually in love with her, even if I don’t really know her – just this media image of her. Which media is showing this funny, weird, emphatic, down to earth and authentic girl, with a voice out of this world – not really hard to fall for this image if you are inclined to do so. TBH I thought that falling in love with celebrities happens only to lunatic stalkers who end up in the news – never knew somebody having this “problem” - me included. Hell, I have never even been a fan of a celebrity, let alone falling in love with one!

So I freaked out and cut myself off from her, going cold turkey without listening to her music or searching for info about her on internet. Unfortunately she was still in my mind every minute and I was feeling like I’m willingly renouncing my own redemption or something. I only resisted 5 days in this state. Afterwards I went full crazy, starting again to listen almost nonstop to her music, binging on info about her on internet and so on. 

This phase went on for months, during which I managed to limit myself the listening to her music - to “only” about 10 hours weekly – and also tried to be a mere fan (joined a fan forum) – not a lunatic in love with her. It was somehow possible, because, unlike many here, I never had sexual thoughts about my CO – I was purely romantically attracted to her. Not sure why – maybe her fairy projected image stopped me from having sexual thoughts about her or maybe it is just my way of having COs. I tried also to keep in control my daydreaming about meeting and discussing with her and I kind of managed to create for myself a resemblance of “normality” – discussing with other fans helped me a lot in this direction.  

I thought I was on my way of becoming a simple fan, when, by chance, I found out where exactly she lives. Oh shit, after this I found myself in a daydreaming storm, with lots of real life stalking plans haunting me nonstop. She lives in another country and currently I cannot actually even go there, because of the Corona virus situation, but this didn’t stop me at all from planning ways to meet her “by chance” in her hometown, or planning to send a mail to her home address. It didn’t help my daydreaming the fact that she’s probably single – at least no information at all exists about a boyfriend or anything else. 

So during this planning frenzy, at one point a video with her enjoying a dancing studio work break with a band colleague emerged. I suddenly felt the sharp teeth of jealousy cutting deep in me – how can she be so happy when I feel so miserable!? Then I had a moment of epiphany and I realized that I’m angry at a stranger for being happy. I felt both miserable with jealousy and ashamed of my reaction for a day, at the end of which I suddenly said to myself “**** this” and went on in a rush of deleting all the bookmarks and pictures and music I collected.

So here I am now, in my fifth day of being “clean” of my CO.  During these days I searched google for ways / info about how to get rid of an obsession – this is how I found this thread.  I also found the info that if you start planning stalking your CO, you should definitely reach out for therapeutic help. I hope I will not need this, but if I fall back to my obsession I know that I have to do it. Of course she still pop up in my mind but, so far, I feel better and better every day – especially because reading this thread showed me what my CO really is – she’s not my love, my soul mate or any of this bullshit, she’s really just my mind going crazy.

Great Information Keep it up and i m getting the solution and The Main issue was faced on Netflix Error Code 
https://techmindzone.com/error-code-m7399-1260-00000024/ that main reason, I was Created Article for the Solution of this 
CLICK HERE