28 minutes ago, BlueStarr said:

I still don't see the "eww" factor. He liked the gifts, so why is it a problem?

Thanks, but it’s just not the kind of behavior that I want to repeat in the future, so I won’t. I think that gifts should be reserved for people who I have an actual relationship with.

Well, earlier today I was thinking how I'm kinda getting bored with my COs now, but then they came back and surprised me (well not the one not on social media, but his representative community). Anyway, first it was the private guy. Saw a picture of him posing in a picture frame. Like omg, yes! He's so perfectly frame worthy (and he looks like he knows it, but I'm not sure if he does). Anyway, then number 2, well it was also a fan post but of one of his interviews. lol it was a funny little clip! just adorable! And finally, number 3, well he actually posts and he's now giving acting lessons online...like, how cool is that?! I don't really care to participate, but some fans are gonna be really excited to get to work with him and I'm happy for them!

So, all in all a good fangirling day! lol

On another note, I'm soooo happy I got back on this site today! Anyone else have troubles yesterday and/or are having troubles now with this? It was so scary! I would have missed you all!

56 minutes ago, anxiousE said:

Well, earlier today I was thinking how I'm kinda getting bored with my COs now, but then they came back and surprised me (well not the one not on social media, but his representative community). Anyway, first it was the private guy. Saw a picture of him posing in a picture frame. Like omg, yes! He's so perfectly frame worthy (and he looks like he knows it, but I'm not sure if he does). Anyway, then number 2, well it was also a fan post but of one of his interviews. lol it was a funny little clip! just adorable! And finally, number 3, well he actually posts and he's now giving acting lessons online...like, how cool is that?! I don't really care to participate, but some fans are gonna be really excited to get to work with him and I'm happy for them!

So, all in all a good fangirling day! lol

On another note, I'm soooo happy I got back on this site today! Anyone else have troubles yesterday and/or are having troubles now with this? It was so scary! I would have missed you all!

Yes, the entire site disappeared for me yesterday, but now I’m able to access it. But when it was down, I too was thinking that this might be the end for us. 😞

I’ve gotten bored with COs too, so that’s understandable. I’m not bored with my current one, but I think I may have discovered a new guy who might become a future CO. I don’t know enough about him right now to say whether he will, but I just know how my obsessions start and my interest has been piqued. Right now, I only know his name, age, and that he’s in a band. I don’t even know what his band sounds like, but if they aren’t any good then it won’t work out. lol Maybe I should refrain from listening to their music for as long as possible because even if they are good, I don’t need another CO right now! 😩

Omg! I forgot that today is the birthday of my "celebrity" not celebrity obsession. Posted pics of himself through the years. 😞 I can't believe that I'll never get to wish him a happy birthday (we only knew each other for about 8 months). I'm really still obsessed about him, even though it has died down significantly, today kinda triggered me again. 😕

Maybe I don't actually obsess as much about celebrities because they will likely never meet me or remember me, but it's the people I've actually met and talked to for awhile that turned to disliking me that I will obsess over, probably for the rest of my life. I think I try to obsess over celebrities, looking into as much of their lives as I can/what's available to replace those hurt feelings of those from my past. 

and well, one of my CO s pictures are posted daily and have been the first thing I see  lately when I log into my accounts and well, that does make me happy. 🙂

Edited by anxiousE

Ewww! Gross! Ok, I originally thought my CO was just being disgusting (and well, I think sometimes he is) but, now I know it's about something in the news which I don't care to repeat...let's just say Gwyneth Paltrow. (stinkface)

Haha! Anyway...but yeah, by bored the other day I just meant that I was either being disgusted either by the extensive political talk or worse, just being gross. And then of course, there's the ones that don't talk much or at all and it's like comeon!! Tell us! (I remembered today about another musician that I was getting interested in but he had no public profile...except now I know about Instagram and unfortunately (but maybe also fortunately) I don't have IG.

But alas, there are still the ones (one in particular) that are just plain adorable. And it's this one that makes me afraid to comment directly on his posts because I don't want to get blocked. (Apparently he blocks jerks). I mean, I'm not a jerk, but well, he can get kinda sassy and that brings it out of other people, but you never really know what might set somebody off so...so yeah, I just avoid that...but again, this is the one I met too so I feel like I want to leave it on a positive note, ya know?...unless someday I find something incredibly witty to say.

Where IS everybody?? I feel dumb for being the only one posting here lately. Bleh!

So, um, yeah. My "celebrity" obsession. Well, it turns out that girl is still visiting with him. It's going on 4 months now. I'm not really upset anymore, but clearly I'm obsessed, right? 

Actual celebrities? Well, I keep trying to post on the active one's posts. I even got within a minute of his posting time. Still the second poster, but I haven't gotten any more reactions. I'm wondering if the first one was a fluke...or maybe he saw my profile page and didn't like what he saw. (I don't have pictures or anything) It's strange though, he doesn't get a lot of comments like one of my other Cos, whom I'm too intimidated to even try writing to (even though he's the one I met). Anyway, ...well I lost my train of thought but this probably wasn't going anywhere anyway. I need to sleep! 

Folks! I'm really obsessed right now with this newest musician. He's just so adorable, I love him in every way! I don't even know him, I know! And I know I gotta get a grip. But it literally pains me to see him with someone...even though I suppose he deserves to be happy. I kinda wish I went my whole life without seeing what he looked like. Just a voice in my songs. I ...i dunno. But this one hurts and I think it's just he's so beautiful (like inside and out) that it hurts. I don't really want to be with him, but ...ah! I really dunno. Just that beauty that hurts. You wanna be around him kinda thing. I wanna watch live videos and all that...the weird thing is is that I'm attracted more to the past him, I think. It like takes me back to ugh, high school, except no it was college. Ah! Anyway, man I barely remember anything but hearing the song on the radio. It wouldn't be until years later that I'd see him and hear and like more songs off the album... the other funny thing is that he's kinda mysterious in that when he sings he covers his face a lot, like his mouth around the Mic, so it took awhile for me to actually get a good look and when I did, he was a little different than I expected, but in an oh so adorable way.

Ok, sorry for posting so much. I'm just emotional. I wanna go back to 2003! Except I don't really. Just some things. Lol 

On 1/26/2020 at 1:42 AM, anxiousE said:

Folks! I'm really obsessed right now with this newest musician. He's just so adorable, I love him in every way! I don't even know him, I know! And I know I gotta get a grip. But it literally pains me to see him with someone...even though I suppose he deserves to be happy. I kinda wish I went my whole life without seeing what he looked like. Just a voice in my songs. I ...i dunno. But this one hurts and I think it's just he's so beautiful (like inside and out) that it hurts. I don't really want to be with him, but ...ah! I really dunno. Just that beauty that hurts. You wanna be around him kinda thing. I wanna watch live videos and all that...the weird thing is is that I'm attracted more to the past him, I think. It like takes me back to ugh, high school, except no it was college. Ah! Anyway, man I barely remember anything but hearing the song on the radio. It wouldn't be until years later that I'd see him and hear and like more songs off the album... the other funny thing is that he's kinda mysterious in that when he sings he covers his face a lot, like his mouth around the Mic, so it took awhile for me to actually get a good look and when I did, he was a little different than I expected, but in an oh so adorable way.

Ok, sorry for posting so much. I'm just emotional. I wanna go back to 2003! Except I don't really. Just some things. Lol 

I know how you feel.

I've been through that many a times. 

This obsession has gotten weird.  My guy's fan base is crazy!  At least the ones who I've came across--the LSA people, the YouTube fans, the Insta-Sisters etc.  Now I'm becoming jealous of people he may get involved with in the future too?  Bleep this!  This isn't fun anymore.  But he's so dreamy *happy sigh*.

Posted (edited)

Ok, I was originally planning on a break from DF for some time, but I had something I just HAD to share.

I think I might actually have a case now of a CO. It's nothing to do with the big s (sex. and it's ironic because I had a "sex" dream with him once...although I suppose we didn't actually do anything. Apparently HE wanted and was chasing ME. How flattering, but I'm sure it'd be embarrassing for him. sigh! anyway.), but I'm just utterly "in love" and obsessed and get a thrill anytime this celebrity is mentioned...furthermore, I feel like I'm lacking when they don't post on their social media as much...but at least they do. I'm not sure how troubling this is yet, but I AM obsessed and really feel something strong with this one. 

edit: also, I'm already thinking about meeting him...and I don't do this often. I still think it's highly unlikely though, but it'd be a dream.

Edited by anxiousE

Hello out there-

I'm glad I found and read through this topic on a forum. I have what could be called a 'celebrity obsession,' although I don't think I'm obsessed with him yet, and he's not a very famous celebrity.

He's a little-known actor who I happened to find and follow on Instagram months ago, just because he did voiceover commercials. About a year ago, I was constantly hearing this ad on the radio. Normally, I HATE radio ads! I want to hear music. And-- (This is crazy!!) I started to fall in love with the guy's voice. Don't ask, LOL, I don't understand how I managed to fall in love with a random man's voice.

That led to me Googling the commercial information, and I found a few video commercials with the actor playing the same 'role' as the radio ads, same voice! He's definitely a nice-looking guy, close to my age when I assumed he was much younger. He looks younger than he is, I guess! I learned his name right away, and I found his Instagram account. I followed him, since I follow about 300 random people I don't personally know, usually authors, photographers, and minor actors. It's fun to follow these artistic and talented people. I'm a wife and mom with a dull career, married for almost 16 years. I have dabbled in photography, theater, and writing myself, so I follow these people's social media. I often feel jealous I can't make a living doing what they do. But that's a whole other story.

After some more snooping and searching about this commercial actor- I know you can relate- I learned that he once acted as a child in a movie, made about 30 years ago. It was one of those wholesome, musical family-friendly films. He was just one young boy in a group of singing and performing kids, and he was never that famous. I found his IMDB page, and then I learned he did TV acting about 20 years ago, having a bit part in a well-known kids' show. It was a kids' show that my own daughter watched in reruns a few times. 

Once I found out he was a minor celebrity, I started paying more attention to his Instagram posts and started to fall into this completely immature crush on the guy! He's so down to earth and relatable. He's a Star Wars fan like me. He documents his life just like an average, ordinary Joe. He posts things about doing voiceovers, once he posted a clip of himself in that popular TV show, but he also posts cute videos about his handy do-it-yourself home projects. Two separate times I commented on his IG posts, just something polite and complimentary, and each time he liked my comments! I was on Cloud Nine each time! 

The reason I mentioned this is that while reading this whole thread, I saw that a lot of you are able to reach out and contact your "CO" on social media. You feel such a high, so ecstatic when they respond back to you. I felt this way from his liking my comments. For now, I don't know if this actor has a wife or not. I'm married. I know I should only be into my husband, who I've known 20 years. Celebrity crushes are supposed to be for teenagers screaming for Justin Beiber or the members of One Direction or whatever, LOL. Yet I'm struggling with this silly crush on this minor celebrity, even fantasizing that I'd lived in L.A. and could have met him. I'm not so much in love, but I'm infatuated. ❤️ 

Now I'm trying to avoid going down the rabbit hole of searching for everything about him! It's not a very good emotional state to be in. I hope to find someone to talk to about this. Thanks.

@filledupandpouredout always available to chat! I mean, ok, i may be taking a break, but I can still see if someone messages me via email updates and I come straight running if it's urgent. hehe (and by urgent, I mean, for any reason you need a buddy) so, just keep that in mind. And obviously you can see my post above yours. I'm in the same boat right now. My obsession is getting stronger...but like you, i'm also trying to avoid searching everything...oddly, i still find out things anyway though. lol 

best!

@filledup 

I think everyone here can relate to what you are saying.  As long as you are just admiring him from afar and not trying to figure out how to meet him and ask him out, I don’t see what is wrong with having a celebrity crush when you are married.  My mom used to tease my dad saying if Mick Jagger wanted her, she’d leave him.  And my sister used to say the same thing about Sting to her husband.  I see myself in your post because I went down the rabbit hole with Josh Radnor for years.  But unfortunately for me it ended up doing serious damage to my mental health so I had to stop.  If I hadn’t seen the video of him being interviewed by Ellen about his Kind Over Matter in the LA Times I never would have become obsessed with him.  I used to think about writing to her and telling her what happened but she would just want to try to make things right and introduce us.   But her interview led to me finishing How I Met Your Mother and being so angry and upset that I have stopped watching cable tv and then watching his movies he made and reading his newsletter and listening to the music he made with Ben Lee and finally realizing I had to stop googling him for at least a month and now I am trying to give it up permanently.  You fell in love with your co’s voice.  I fell in love with my co’s words and his values.  The saddest part is I can never contact him I got so messed up.  I don’t blame him but he was definitely a trigger.  Yesterday I broke my rule to not search for him during lent but all I did was see if his article was still available online.  I will always remember him fondly not for his role as Ted but the man he became after Ted.  My therapist says I didn’t fall in love.  I fell in love with the qualities I think he has but he could be a completely different person than I think he is.  Celebrities only show the world one side of themselves.  They could be really different than they say they are.  And who knows...maybe someone could be ghostwriting Joshs newsletters.  Enjoy your time looking at him but don’t have any hopes or expectations...I don’t want you to get hurt like I did.

Take Care and God Bless.

starbucksjunkee

Glad to see a few new posts here. I hope everyone is doing well (or at least as well as you can be considering all that’s going on). I still have a CO who I’m very much obsessed with, and I’m ok with that. If not for him, I wouldn’t have very many happy thoughts to focus on these days. Since my CO is a musician, of course I long for all of this to be over even more so that touring can start again and I can go see him. Stay safe everyone and try to check in from time to time to let us know how you’re doing. 🙂