What Did You Do Today? #2

Natasha1

Went into work as I was called in.  Did not get enough to eat.  Waited too long to go to the bathroom (made it though).  Did better than I hoped.  Saw my therapist.  Got groceries.  Started the laundry.  Currently getting smashed. 

A friend brought over his Oculus Quest VR headset, fascinating and only a little disorienting. 

I worked on my resume for nearly 3 hours, felt very satisfied with it's design and content. That is, until I was suddenly overcome with a deep sense of dread at not knowing if I'm more afraid of failure or success. Thanks brain you jerk! 

Shaved my face so I looked less hobotastic, went and did some shopping, had some lunch and emptied out my car, picked up a friend and went to watch Aladdin with them at the cinema, had dinner in MacDonalds with them and chatted, dropped them home and came back to watch TV, came on here.  

Today was National Doughnut Day (US). Happy holiday to all who observed it, I did, though I shouldn't have. I got caught up in the festivities.  🍩

Also, a different kind of D-Day was commemorated. June 6-7 was the 75th anniversary of the Allied forces landing in Normandy. I visited many of the historic sites including the beaches last April. I don't use social media often but today, I had a reason to post some of my photos of Normandy on IG.

Edited by Atra
I just like pressing buttons.

Went with mom to her semi-yearly oncology checkup, all clear. We went out to lunch, cajun. I visited a local bar to watch my friend play pool, she can shoot some stick. Watched GSW loose basketball playoffs, didn't bother me none I don't follow 🏀

had a pity party this morning, decided to listen to music, which led to very bad dancing and singing then to washing dishes, picking up around the house, taking trash out. Now I'm exhausted, ready for a shower and bed. Experienced good results today- will repeat the experiment tomorrow..... if no sore muscles in morning!

Cleaned the oven 😲

Cleaned kitchen window and front door fascia 😥

Swept path and pulled weeds out front 😥

Unblocked drain out front 😭

Played with furbaby 🐾

Gave plant to neighbour and had a cuppa with them 🍵

Loaded car with stuff for charity and skip 🚗

Spoke to Estate Agent 😆

Now, on DF and listening to choons 😃

Next going to:

Put up new curtains in living room  😍  and

Put washing away 😇

Edited by Nightjar

31 minutes ago, MarkintheDark said:

tbh, to hell with other people.  You might consider they're a way of welcoming YOURSELF home.  Jus' a thot.

Thanks for that.  It's a very good point and something I never thought of.  I'm sick of people.  They drive me crazy and make me sick.  Right now I'm doing everything I can to make this house a peaceful house to come to for me.  Maybe I'll bring the cat and the kittens inside if I can ever catch them.  I'm sure they would treat me nice.  

This afternoon I drove my mom and I up to Target to look for some Father's Day cards and pick up a few other things.  It was very crowded, and when walking in I noticed the check out lines were very long.  Just as we finished shopping we heard that the cash registers had all broke down!  After about a half hour of waiting we gave up and walked out.  Many others were doing the same thing as well.  We ended up stopping by the grocery store on the way home to get the cards (also crowded but at least the registers worked).  When I got home I looked online and apparently this happened to many other Target stores all across the country.  Otherwise my day was pretty uneventful

Edited by AloneGuy
many typos!