Posted (edited)

Went to a service in the morning

Ate buns and chatted

Drove a little way and went for a walk in the woods whilst singing. 

Had a latte and chatted to a tourist from VA

Edited by hocico

I never went to bed last night, so I was still up when my husband came down for breakfast and I walked the dog. I read a bit, slept for a few hours, held my scared dog during the t-storm, slept a few more hours, made dinner (chickpea linguini, ground turkey, and pasta sauce), watched TV with the husband. Because the storm had cooled everything off, I was able to walk again for over an hour. Been browsing the web and watching TV since.

Went to bed "early" and ended up sleeping for hours and hours. Finally got up and went downstairs to eat and watch TV. Took the dog on a long walk. Watched some more TV and ate some more. While I was watching "Hitch" on TV, I made my cake. I just now decorated it and neither layer would come out of the freakin pan without falling apart so now it looks like crap, but hopefully it tastes good. I'm trying not to be bummed because I wanted it to be perfect. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Visited the British Museum for 4 hours: mummies, vases, sculptures, swords, stones, glass, stuff, etc. I adore the museums here, almost all of them are free admission and I have a couple more days to visit a few more. Finally found a store to sell me laces for hiking boots! And visited my 8th historic pub. London is a lonely town when you're a stranger, it's been hard for me to meet anyone.

On 4/23/2019 at 1:57 AM, Atra said:

Visited the British Museum for 4 hours: mummies, vases, sculptures, swords, stones, glass, stuff, etc. I adore the museums here, almost all of them are free admission and I have a couple more days to visit a few more. Finally found a store to sell me laces for hiking boots! And visited my 8th historic pub. London is a lonely town when you're a stranger, it's been hard for me to meet anyone.

I used to love going there when I was little and we lived not far from London.

Moved boxes from one place to another, tagged clothes, sorted media, chatted with co-workers, drank coffee etc. 

Met with my career coach; she actually scribbled a little picture of me wading into water as opposed to leaping in from high up. It helped calm my anxiety over career change. Go figure. 

Attended process therapy group for folks in the Ketamine program, just 2 of us today. I went on about long held fears of feeling incompetent and my anxiety over failure. 

So, mom bailed on me for afternoon tea cause she's jet lagged after returning from her cruise. I didn't want to blow off the reservation and too last-minute to invite anybody so I went all by myself.

Finger sandwiches: Branston pickle cheddar and green apple, baked ham butter and English mustard. Tea was their house blend, rich and malty. All they had left for scones was apricot or lemon poppy - weird. 

36 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

So sorry about the friend 😢

It’s ok. I scared her off. We’re talking again now, but things aren’t the same. Thank you LH