What Did You Do Today? #2

Natasha1

I woke up surprisingly early today. My nieces and nephew were here so I made pancakes for everybody.  Later we picked up some fast food for lunch and took one of my nieces back to school so she could get prepared for the Mardi Gras parade she was going to march in she is in the school band. We went to the parade and it was nice some people on the floats threw out beads and we got some. Now I'm just listening to music and having some dinner.

It's only 11am so I haven't done much so far today.  But later I need to clear all the snow off the driveway and porch for the second day in a row....it snowed again last night.  Other than that it should be a more or less relaxing day for me.  

Edited by AloneGuy

Technically it was yesterday, but I haven't fallen asleep yet. Due to last night's runny nose out of nowhere, I had trouble falling asleep. I ended up sleeping in far too long. I woke up with a headache and stomach trouble, but I had to take the dog out. It was nice and cold though, so we had a nearly empty park and we walked for a mile. A few hours later, I took her again for a shorter walk. Then I went to the mall. I got my nails done; they're now a pretty lavender color. I walked around the store where my husband works, and I found a pretty necklace on the clearance rack and a pair of tights. We came home, had leftover Indian curry for dinner, and walked the dog again. Then we watched one of our shows on Demand. I've been lying in bed since then, trying and failing to fall asleep. First I was feeling super itchy, which may or may not be psychosomatic (it only seems to happen at night, even though I spend a lot of the daytime in bed too) and now I'm just restless and anxious. So here's hoping I get some sleep before the sun comes up. 🤞🏽

It's only 3:30 pm but I've already done more today than I usually do by the end of the night. lol I dropped my husband off at work at the mall so I could check out the going out of business sale at Payless (everything is 30-40% off btw). I ended up not getting anything there though, because it's final sale and I wasn't sure about the shoes I tried on. So I went to the Dunkin Donuts and spent my T-mobile Tuesdays gift card on a coffee and little breakfast sandwich. I went back to my husband's store and tried on some sneakers. I came home and ended up talking to my dad about some possible exciting news (!) and took the dog for a walk through the park. Now I'm going crazy waiting for my husband to get home to tell him about this possible exciting news to get the thumbs up from him. Tonight I gotta wash and set my hair because we're going to Hamilton tomorrow (!). So basically I'm going to be bouncing off the walls until tomorrow night.

Oh, and I also finally remembered to forward my dad this email I was sent via Ancestry.com weeks ago. It's from a woman who was adopted and she believes my dad's family is her family and she's looking for any info. My dad is actually cousins with the man she believes to be her great grandfather, so he's going to asks around the family and see if he can dig anything up for me to tell her. I hope he finds something out, because it would be really cool if we could help this lady out.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing really exciting.  This morning I drove my mom to the grocery store.  It was so crowded there and I really dislike crowds, but the customers and cashiers seemed to be in a good mood so it was cool 🙂   I didn't really buy any "adventurous" foods or ingredients today, just some basic stuff like microwave dinners, pasta, soups, etc.  But I did pick up a few yummy snacks: Oreo cookies, wheat thins, and pretzel sticks...my weight has been too low since being sick over a week ago and my family seems a bit worried about that, even though I feel fine.   

This afternoon the engraving kit I ordered last week was delivered, yay 🙂  I like to do wood carvings and engraving as a hobby to pass the time.  

No plans tonight...just gonna watch some tv and probably listen to music.  

Got up early (as I always do)...made coffee and fried some eggs, made toast, ate breakfast, enjoyed the sunrise from my balcony while getting my NPR fix, watched a movie (Burnt...Bradley Cooper as a disgraced chef trying to get back into the game, it was ok, nothing special), fed the cat, went to work, got home about an hour ago, now having a few b.eers and watching The Hateful Eight (Tarantino).

Slept a lot, received a disappointing package, took out the dog, took a nap, took a shower, took out the dog again, met my husband at Panera, bought a few things at Ross, bought groceries at Super Target, walked dog, watched some TV on demand, did my long walk, more TV, fell asleep at a reasonable hour but now here I am a few hours later awake again.

Had a crying fit this morning because my husband had to wake me up early after just a few hours sleep and I have been feeling a mess. I realized why when my period a few hours later. Since then, I've had on and off cramps and I've just been trying to relax. So no exercise or anything. I did make dinner--chicken tikka masala with rice and green beans. I should be asleep right now but I know I won't be able to fall asleep yet, so I'm just up ruminating that everything goes well tomorrow that we have to get done. I just want to sleep for a week.

12 hours ago, evalynn said:

Had a crying fit this morning because my husband had to wake me up early after just a few hours sleep and I have been feeling a mess. I realized why when my period a few hours later. Since then, I've had on and off cramps and I've just been trying to relax. So no exercise or anything. I did make dinner--chicken tikka masala with rice and green beans. I should be asleep right now but I know I won't be able to fall asleep yet, so I'm just up ruminating that everything goes well tomorrow that we have to get done. I just want to sleep for a week.

Sorry to hear the day has been rough on you, evalynn. Sucks when that happens, doesn't it? I hope you get a good night's rest tonight, or even a nice nap. You deserve one.

Not much as I'm still a menstrual mess, both physically and emotionally. I took the dog out a few times, the last two with my husband. I foregoed (forewent?) our nightly walk, telling myself I'll do some zumba if I can't sleep tonight. I made some coffee and now I'm in the middle of a manic high, we'll see how long it lasts.