How Do You Feel Right Now #6

Natasha1

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

It was exhaustion from the heat probably.  I'm ok.  I'm an *****.  I'll probably go back out and finish mowing.

Don't! Give your body time to fully recover before going out there again!

I know at times it's hard to care about our health but you really shouldn't push it, imagine how much worse life would be if you got a heat stroke bad enough to cause organ or brain damage... 

I'm sorry if I worried people.  I'll be ok.  At times my stubbornness is good but I'm too stubborn.  It can be one of my biggest weaknesses because I ignore logic to prove I can do something.  I don't think I have a heat stroke.  I ate 4 hot dogs for breakfast and drank 3 Gatorades and a gallon of water.

20 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I'm sorry if I worried people.  I'll be ok.  At times my stubbornness is good but I'm too stubborn.  It can be one of my biggest weaknesses because I ignore logic to prove I can do something.  I don't think I have a heat stroke.  I ate 4 hot dogs for breakfast and drank 3 Gatorades and a gallon of water.

I didn't mean to say that you had heatstroke : )

As long as you're being careful, I think that's okay.

I just meant for you to be aware of the symptoms of heatstroke so *in case* you notice them, you'll react wisely.

like im burning up, was out in the full sun for 5 hours today fishing and my face feels like it's on fire even though i don't have sunburn,  and i am in the air conditioning,  but it was worth it,  had a really relaxing day, and now i'm going to vegitate in front of the tv until i pass out

A little relieved after reading some of these posts.  It's proof i'm not alone.  I ate something and feel little better.  Earlier I was almost jumping out of skin from the anxiety.  Being alone, and feeling isolated is constant and so that's not new.  But feeling rejected, that's another story that constantly plagues me. 

1 minute ago, PatrickStarIRL said:

Letting a Klonopin take effect trying to stave off the cloud of anxiety and depression thats looming over me. 

I get it. No longer taking it, but i know the feeling.  I could probably use one today.  I get it.

I had a rough last night and this morning... bitter and melancholy last night transitioning to random crying meltdowns and intrusive negative thoughts today. Frustrated because I had been doing so well for a while. Had a good vent twice today and got some reassurance. Just trying to get myself to believe the good and positive things I've been told.

On the plus side, now that fireworks are legal in Pennsylvania, we were treated to a nice panoramic display tonight from a lot of the neighbors. I loved it so much, it reminded me of New Years Eve in Copenhagen a few years ago when everyone set off fireworks at midnight. It was a very pleasant memory to relive after a hard couple days.

1 hour ago, velvetpuddles said:

I had a rough last night and this morning... bitter and melancholy last night transitioning to random crying meltdowns and intrusive negative thoughts today. Frustrated because I had been doing so well for a while. Had a good vent twice today and got some reassurance. Just trying to get myself to believe the good and positive things I've been told.

On the plus side, now that fireworks are legal in Pennsylvania, we were treated to a nice panoramic display tonight from a lot of the neighbors. I loved it so much, it reminded me of New Years Eve in Copenhagen a few years ago when everyone set off fireworks at midnight. It was a very pleasant memory to relive after a hard couple days.

Hugs to you my friend velvet.  We all have our ups and downs.  They don't mean that we will be down forever.

Interesting that you say personal fireworks are just legalized in PA.  The hands down best fireworks show I have seen in my 53 years was a post-game summer fireworks display at the ballpark in Pittsburg. They had three rafts in the middle of the river from which they were launching, and... I'm not a huge fireworks person but holy cow it was magical!!!!

7 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

Hugs to you my friend velvet.  We all have our ups and downs.  They don't mean that we will be down forever.

Interesting that you say personal fireworks are just legalized in PA.  The hands down best fireworks show I have seen in my 53 years was a post-game summer fireworks display at the ballpark in Pittsburg. They had three rafts in the middle of the river from which they were launching, and... I'm not a huge fireworks person but holy cow it was magical!!!!

Thanks. 🙂 Yes, I'm trying not to let my mind convince me that this will last forever. I just hate that the downs are soooo much lower than the ups are high. ...if that makes any sense lol.

Yes! I'm from Pittsburgh and still live in the vicinity. They have amazing fireworks displays for any and all occasions, baseball games included! I think my favorite was Light Up Night around Christmas back when I was in college. We sat on one of the bridges for the show and on the next bridge in front of us, they had set a waterfall of twinkly fireworks falling down into the river along the whole length of the bridge. Absolutely incredible!! We Yinzers go big with fireworks!!

On 7/2/2018 at 6:35 PM, Dolphin2013 said:

I like the way you express that. Yesterday, I had to do something on line that involved filling out a form. Everyone in the group I'm in filled it out correctly. Me, it's like I skipped a whole page...why didn't I see it? What is wrong with me?! All of a sudden it took on such deep significance--I felt like such an *****. I thought everyone would be laughing at me, if they saw it.

Give yourself a break you have so much happening.  No one is laughing.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:30 AM, JD4010 said:

Same. It's embarrassing. I look 9 months pregnant--and I'm a guy!

"I don't know nothin' about birthin' no bowling balls."

Ouch!  Yeah and I'm too old for squats and crunches and all that jazz.  Love me, love my bumpers.😄

13 hours ago, PatrickStarIRL said:

Letting a Klonopin take effect trying to stave off the cloud of anxiety and depression thats looming over me. 

I can't resist commenting on your screen name! I'm 58 years old and I love watching Spongebob!

17 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm happy you're doing "OK" (four hotdogs?!). We wouldn't want anything to happen to you.

I'm feeling thankful. I didn't get fired this morning, as I expected I would for goofing up a federal audit. Turns out I wasn't the only one caught off guard with a change they had made. As of Tuesday afternoon, I thought I was going to be given the bum's rush out the back door this morning. I spent all day yesterday in a terrible state of worry, to the point of making myself sick. The meeting this morning went pretty well; my boss told me that the "monkey was off my back" now. Direct quote!

I've been given a new lease on life. I'm going to make the best of it.

Edited by JD4010

10 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I'm happy you're doing "OK" (four hotdogs?!). We wouldn't want anything to happen to you.

Yes everyone eats 4 hotdogs for breakfast.😮Thank you you have been a great friend to me.  I hope we are friends for life.

8 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I'm feeling thankful. I didn't get fired this morning, as I expected I would for goofing up a federal audit. Turns out I wasn't the only one caught off guard with a change they had made. As of Tuesday afternoon, I thought I was going to be given the bum's rush out the back door this morning. I spent all day yesterday in a terrible state of worry, to the point of making myself sick. The meeting this morning went pretty well; my boss told me that the "monkey was off my back" now. Direct quote!

Great news!

10 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Good I'm so glad the stress has been lifted for you.  I hope everything goes well from now on.

8 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

Great news!

6 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Good I'm so glad the stress has been lifted for you.  I hope everything goes well from now on.

Thanks you guys. I'm going to celebrate by working my @ss off! 🙂

Better day today. The ginger ale with no ginger in it seemed to help my stomach, somehow. Is a placebo still a placebo if you know it's a placebo?

Anyhoo, saw a doctor today and got a prescription for the meds I was on before. He was nice. Extremely loud talker, but nice.