How Do You Feel Right Now #6

Natasha1

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'd love to say I'm happy right now but who would be in my situation.  It's been 39 years of waking up to war.

We should all be wearing jackets full of medals for all of the battles we have survived in this endless war. I must be a damned 4-star general by now.

Today I'm feeling my usual despondency. Stuff ain't gonna get better. People always say that it might, but 58 years of living on this punishing planet have shown me no evidence that it ever will.

10 hours ago, TopekaK said:

Usual work anxiety. And pressure I put on myself because of what society thinks. I have a job and support myself, I want simplicity but where I live it's fast paced and heavily goal and success oriented. I feel like a loser, but I know I'm not.  When we make huge advancements in our mental well being, that's not the kind of success people want to know about, unless of course you're well known. 

To everybody here, I'm really proud of your success in just trying to live a decent lives with so many unseen obstacles.  Good work! :nod:

Very well said!!!  Same back to you!!!

16 hours ago, drb1290 said:

I feel like a 14 year old in a 21 year old's body. 2 days straight of playing games and my guitar, sifting through dating sites even though I know I don't even have the confidence to talk with my own parents. To be honest, just waiting for everything else the wither away until I'm officially at rock bottom, so maybe I can justify ending it all. 

Hi drb, and welcome.  I hope you're feeling a little better today!  Please stay with us and let us know how you are feeling!  :hugs:

30 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

We should all be wearing jackets full of medals for all of the battles we have survived in this endless war. I must be a damned 4-star general by now.

Today I'm feeling my usual despondency. Stuff ain't gonna get better. People always say that it might, but 58 years of living on this punishing planet have shown me no evidence that it ever will.

Stubbornness keeps me here.  I won't give up no matter what.  I'm a person that could be on fire from head to toe or shot 5 times in the chest and not give up.  As long as I am breathing I will fight.

Finally I get to have some peace on the porch.  I hope my neighbor doesn't come over and talk to me.  It's a nice day and I don't want him to ruin it.  I feel pretty good today so surely something is around the corner.

10 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Finally I get to have some peace on the porch.  I hope my neighbor doesn't come over and talk to me.  It's a nice day and I don't want him to ruin it.  I feel pretty good today so surely something is around the corner.

I hope you didn't jinx it. It's pouring rain here and all I want to do is take a nap. My daughter wants to go "do stuff" this evening. I ain't up for it. I don't want to be around people.

Yes, something is inevitably around the corner if you find yourself feeling good.

34 minutes ago, Asta said:

Hugs :hugs:

Yeah.  I only watch sci-fi/fantasy shows, there aren't that many so I barely watch tv. My mom and grandma are like addicted to tv shows.

Ya, I have all of my old favorites on DVD...I'm on the last season of the new Battlestar Galactica right now. What a great series!

2 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I hope you didn't jinx it. It's pouring rain here and all I want to do is take a nap. My daughter wants to go "do stuff" this evening. I ain't up for it. I don't want to be around people.

Yes, something is inevitably around the corner if you find yourself feeling good.

He left right after I posted.  He's a new neighbor so he will put on a show for a while.  He came right into the middle of my yard the first day to shake my hand.  It will probably be the last time we speak like with the rest of the neighbors.  I doubt I will ever even learn his name.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:37 AM, RiverLight said:

:console::console::console: Sending you massive hugs right now. It seems you could use a good 'ole bear hug right about now. I'm so sorry, WOTL. I wish I could take away your pain.

Thank you, dear.  Just having a "Poor Me" moment.  :hugs:

On 5/8/2018 at 7:45 AM, RiverLight said:

I feel absolutely terrible. My boyfriend is in agony -- it turns out he broke a toe and injured the top of his foot, he works at a car dealership and has to run around all day. Not only that, but he works 70 hours/week. I don't know how he's going to manage, & I feel like it's all my fault. He was moving my broken desk. If only I had asked the movers to take the desk with them, this would not have happened. I feel horrible!!! He didn't deserve this. He deserves happiness, and now that has been taken away from him. It will take weeks for him to recover.

But he will recover, sweetie.  Maybe this will give him a much-needed rest(?).  You are a huge part of his current happiness, and he moved the desk for you because he loves you and wanted to help you.  Hugs to to you, honey.  :console: 

On 5/8/2018 at 8:16 AM, sober4life said:

If those were the true results of your doctor he would be the most successful surgeon in the history of the world by a long shot.  80-90 percent pain relief for all of his patients was a flat out lie.  It makes me angry what you're going through.  Also technically I am a man and I like you and would take you out on a date for sure.

Ohhhhhhhhh.  How kind you are!  And yes, unfortunately, the surgeon is a jerk.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:21 AM, sober4life said:

I've never been sober this long in my whole life.  It's terrifying.  So far things have pretty much gone the way I thought they would.  It's hard to continue to follow the path that I know will work.  I constantly want to jump ahead or push myself harder than I should but I can't or everything will blow up in my face.  That's the hardest thing about this I have to pace myself which is something I didn't think I was capable of doing before.

235 days sober is AMAZING.  I understand the compulsive nature of addiction (shopping, sugar), and congratulate you wholeheartedly on your success thus far; success I know you will continue to manifest!

11 minutes ago, womanofthelight said:

Ohhhhhhhhh.  How kind you are!  And yes, unfortunately, the surgeon is a jerk.

I meant every word I said.  I also have been lied to by doctors.  It's not right.  What they say and do is about someone's life.  We both want to get our lives back and be happy.  We have better things to do than play games.  I want you to get your life back and be happy again.

17 minutes ago, womanofthelight said:

235 days sober is AMAZING.  I understand the compulsive nature of addiction (shopping, sugar), and congratulate you wholeheartedly on your success thus far; success I know you will continue to manifest!

Thank you I have been forgetting to update.  I had an obvious midlife crisis after I almost drank myself to death.  I started changing into a different person that day.  I'm on a mission to have a good life.  Nothing will stop me from getting my life back.

surfcaster that's so calming profile picture of yours...it triggers my old memories when i'm having a great time in the sea and shore as i remember being in a plastic boat with my father...we were going through greenish waves of the ocean.

9 minutes ago, Asta said:

I've been wanting to ask someone and you seem safe.  What do those (...) mean?  I feel like it must mean I'm bad at talking to people. 

Hi Asta.  If you will allow my to intrude?

You are not hard to speak to.  I often use ... to mean, pause, or signifying the mind wondering.  I know it's not the usual use, but, it is something that some of us do.  I'm pretty sure JD was connecting and nodding to you there!

Big hugs, for you.  You are not "bad" at talking to us!

7 hours ago, Asta said:

I've been wanting to ask someone and you seem safe.  What do those (...) mean?  I feel like it must mean I'm bad at talking to people. 

I do it so my sentences join together instead of proper structure and punctuation. It doesnt mean anything at least not for me and it has nothing to do with who i talk to. Sorry hope its ok that i jumped in.