Donate Now Read more... ×

12 hours ago, womanofthelight said:

But he will recover, sweetie.  Maybe this will give him a much-needed rest(?).  You are a huge part of his current happiness, and he moved the desk for you because he loves you and wanted to help you.  Hugs to to you, honey.  :console: 

TY, WOTL. :hugs:Unfortunately though, he's not getting the rest he needs and it's really upsetting me. He has to walk around all day at work and he had to work today (Sat) on his day off and walk all over the place on it again, when he's in even more pain. He says he thinks he injured it worse. Yes, he did move my desk because he loves me -- very true -- and I am a large part of his happiness. I just wish it had never happened.... UGH. Thank you for the hugs! I need them right now. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I wish I was stupid.  There is no benefit to being smart in a world like this.  The smarter you are the more you understand about how the world really works around you.  So I feel scared!

lol, another funny one from sober4life! :D But your comment actually holds a lot of truth. The more you know the more pessimistic an depressed you become. That's why our fellow, lesser intelligent human beings are often happier. They don't think as much about things, don't notice the crap going on, and thus they don't get any bad vibes. I'm not a super highly intelligent person, but certainly not stupid. I feel I pick up on many things and my current pessismistic state gives it an extra twist so all the nasty negative vibes come out.

But then again. Maybe I'm just a megolamaniac who happens to be literate.

2 hours ago, HL05 said:

lol, another funny one from sober4life! :D But your comment actually holds a lot of truth. The more you know the more pessimistic an depressed you become. That's why our fellow, lesser intelligent human beings are often happier. They don't think as much about things, don't notice the crap going on, and thus they don't get any bad vibes. I'm not a super highly intelligent person, but certainly not stupid. I feel I pick up on many things and my current pessismistic state gives it an extra twist so all the nasty negative vibes come out.

But then again. Maybe I'm just a megolamaniac who happens to be literate.

They say that there is a fine line between genius and insanity but there is no fine line.  If you look back through the history of mankind a lot of the smartest people were also very mentally ill.  That's why they came up with the term mad scientist.  I use most of my intelligence to figure out the world and I almost never like what I discover.

42 minutes ago, Asta said:

Thanks, you guys!  People have been making (...) to me a lot lately and I wasn't sure why there would be a pause where they put it.  I'm too used to my family criticising the way I talk.  I think it's better to ask people than to let my mind think things.  I hope I didn't scare JD or something. 

:hugs:

Posted (edited)

I feel really irked. I went to a concert Sat night with my boyfriend (yes, broken toe and all), and this guy I dated right before him for nearly two months showed up with his new girlfriend and moved into a spot on the floor right next to me and my boyfriend! Then stayed there. So I was dancing next to his new girlfriend -- it became awkward for me after a while so we moved to the back of the room. But really, WHY did he do this? To show off his new girlfriend in front of me??? Not that I care, but it was just awkward. I also felt like he invaded our private little idaho and space. I would never have done that myself.

Edited by RiverLight

On 5/11/2018 at 11:54 PM, salparadise6132 said:

Hi Asta.  If you will allow my to intrude?

You are not hard to speak to.  I often use ... to mean, pause, or signifying the mind wondering.  I know it's not the usual use, but, it is something that some of us do.  I'm pretty sure JD was connecting and nodding to you there!

Big hugs, for you.  You are not "bad" at talking to us!

My bro @salparadise6132 is correct. I have used the "..." for what seems like ever. It is shorthand for a pause, or "thought to be continued."

@Asta You aren't hard to talk with!! Not at all. I was definitely connecting and nodding to you.

Sorry for my quirky writing style. It's kinda the way I speak too.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:01 AM, sober4life said:

I wish I was stupid.  There is no benefit to being smart in a world like this.  The smarter you are the more you understand about how the world really works around you.  So I feel scared!

Hahaha. Ain't that the truth. I often hate thinking too. I think too much...I think. :grinning:

On 5/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, Asta said:

Yeah, DVDs are better, commercials are bad for people. Tell your daughter not to have the tv on so much anymore.  I haven't watched Battlestar Galactica, I should watch it. 

It's fantastic. Edward James Olmos plays the lead character. He's such a versatile actor. The writing for the show is exceptional. It's a bit dark, but I kinda like that. I guess it fits well with my outlook or something.

Again, sorry about the "...". It's just my nature of writing.

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

It was the hardest day of my life.  

Same here. My mom died back in 2010, after a lengthy illness. My ex hated my mom so I rarely saw her during my married life. My mom never got to meet my daughter because my ex forbade it. That really tore me up. My daughter is a book lover, as was my mom. I think they would have hit it off. But my ex's intransigence kept them from ever meeting. It also kept me apart from the rest of my family.

I fell apart yesterday, thinking of my mom and about a billion other things. I came completely unravelled. Sat out in my car and cried like a baby for an hour. A 58 year old man crying like that. How absurd.

What the he!! happened to my life?

I'm in survival mode at this point.  All signs point to me being homeless again at some point.  I'm working hard to push that time off as far as I can.  I want a miracle for mom.  I want her to somehow get a good life again.  I'm fine with however things go for me though.  I deserve whatever I get.