How Is Your Weather Today? #17

Natasha1

Overcast and a couple little showers kept things cool enough this morning I could mow/trim the front yard without feeling like I'd collapse in the sun/heat/humidity.  The skies then opened up when I was done to wash away the evidence. 😄  Love the relief that days like this bring during the summer.

Thunder again but not much rain. The dog practically lives in one of the upstairs bathrooms, behind the toilet, because of her weather anxiety. When my husband came home, he had to hold her as she trembled until she finally knocked herself out lying on top of him for a couple hours.

It rained about an hour ago and then it was pretty quiet. I knew the dog must've be desperate to go potty so I forced her out the door (she tried to bite me; she must've heard the thunder before me) and she was OK at first but then tried to make a desperate run for it after we heard some distant thunder. At least she got to relieve herself first. It was actually kind of breezy and nice out there besides the thunder. I just have a fraidy dog. 

12 hours ago, SpiralingMind said:

Wouldn't it be nice if they made noise canceling headphones for dogs?

Yes! My doggy's life would be so much easier. She's not built for these Florida summers.

Speaking of which, the sky just opened up and I heard the telltale sound of paws as she ran towards the upstairs bathroom.

In a word, sh!tty. Hot and very humid. We have a stalled weather pattern over us that is bringing us high humidity and round after round of heavy rain. Our lakes have flooded and many streets are under water. It just doesn't stop.

Edited by JD4010

I've had my Autumn wreath up since September 1, hoping that it would make the fall season come faster. So far, not so much. But at least looking at it makes me happy since Fall is my favorite season and I know it's coming eventually. If I have to deal with this weather, at least I can drink pumpkin spice lattes and eat caramel apples and wait until my trip to Connecticut in October. In the meantime...it's still hot and humid. -_-

On 9/5/2018 at 6:51 PM, SpiralingMind said:

Rainy....and the near-east side of town is still flooded out.

I walked down the center median of the major street that's closed on the east side. There was water on both sides so I felt like Moses.