Sign in to follow this  
Natasha1

How Is Your Weather Today? #17

We were in Vegas which is as usual pretty hot, we had to return to the ranch for personal reasons, 120 today with rain expected tomorrow. But our dilemma is much worse than the weather unfortunately 

Sunny and hot. Hazy enough that the sky is kind of a milky hue of blue.

I really hate summer. I'm terribly uncomfortable from the temperature and humidity. Then there's all of the mosquitoes. This is a particularly rough summer for all of those reasons.

Clear/hazy and HOT (95F/36C).  Summer is the only thing I despise about living in the South and it doesn't let up until Halloween.  For years now I've had what would be the antithesis of SAD.  I looked it up and apparently there's now actually some research in progress for people like me.  It was reassuring that this actually is a thing.

26 minutes ago, MarkintheDark said:

Clear/hazy and HOT (95F/36C).  Summer is the only thing I despise about living in the South and it doesn't let up until Halloween.  For years now I've had what would be the antithesis of SAD.  I looked it up and apparently there's now actually some research in progress for people like me.  It was reassuring that this actually is a thing.

I get summertime depression too. I even made a post about it. I once told my pdoc about it and she said something to the effect that it wasn't uncommon in bipolar people. For me, the summertime is the worst: the heat, the humidity, the rain, the threat of hurricanes, the lame holidays. Like you said, everything sucks until the Fall. I just have to hold on, I guess. 

Anyway, it only rained a bit today. I was actually hoping for an all-day downpour to get out of grocery shopping today (my husband knows I don't drive in the rain if I can help it), but it doesn't seem like I'll be so lucky. Oh well. 

No rain so far today. I'm supposed to be going to my dad's for dinner later, and I'm getting a ride, so it's ok either way. I'll have to find a dress to wear though since my shorts from last year no longer fit. 😕