Does your brain act this way?

sabiflitch

On my bad days, or most days.. my mind is like so.

Me: Wake up.

My brain: TAKE A SHOT OF ALCOHOL

Me: No brain, shut up, I gotta drink water and turn music on.

Brain: OK BUT AFTER A SHOT

Me: Ok, crap. No more!

Brain: Just a few.. like once every 10 minutes..

Me: NO (as I say taking a shot)

Me: Ok, now I really gotta do stuff.

Me: *smokes cigarette and plays with my plants*

Me: *standing and staring off for 30 minutes*

Me: *checks time*

Brain: YOU HAD EBAY STUFF TO DO AND PHONE CALLS TO MAKE REMEMBER??!

Me: CRAPP!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Im just gonna lay down and try again tomorrow

Just curious as to what kind of help you are getting for your alcohol problem. It sounds like it is very detrimental to your life. It's not super healthy to start your day with a shot of alcohol, but I'm sure you know that. Things are not going to get better if you don't get a handle on your drinking. Please seek help for this! 

20 hours ago, Twitchy1 said:

Just curious as to what kind of help you are getting for your alcohol problem. It sounds like it is very detrimental to your life. It's not super healthy to start your day with a shot of alcohol, but I'm sure you know that. Things are not going to get better if you don't get a handle on your drinking. Please seek help for this! 

My alcoholism really has taken over my life, ever since I was 19. So... that's what, 6 years now? I'll be 25 in November. I do want help, but I'm scared to be without the booze. 

You describe my feeling exactly most mornings. If have alcohol I will drink as soon as I wake up. If I don't have alcohol I will just crave it until I get some ( like have pretty anxiety too). It's a s***ty cycle and I have been stuggljng with it for at least 4 to 5 years so I'm with ya. I'm 25 by the way too 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:58 AM, sabiflitch said:

My alcoholism really has taken over my life, ever since I was 19. So... that's what, 6 years now? I'll be 25 in November. I do want help, but I'm scared to be without the booze. 

Trust me, I had a very bad video game addiction (as in I would play from 11pm to 5am most days even though I had work the next day), and I was worried about breaking the addiction since video games had become such a huge part of my daily routine, but I found other (healthier) things to replace gaming with, and I would honestly say that I'm glad I did.

I encourage you to try the same, since you will probably feel better healthwise and financially as well.

-Wizardwarrior

Edited by Wizardwarrior315