Hi,

I hope you will feel very welcome here on the Forums.  Although none of us are doctors or medical professionals, we are fellow sufferers and try to be there for each other.  Depression is awful.  There is just no way to adequately communicate how awful it is to those who have not been stricken with it.  Hopefully you will find these Forums as helpful to you as they have been to me.  Please feel right at home here and among friends!  - epictetus

Hi, 
I am sorry to read you're struggling with depression. I think it's so good that you're reaching out for support on here, you're not alone :)
Have you considered therapy or pastoral counseling? For me that was a big piece to overcoming depression/anxiety. 
Keep going, thet is hope for you to have a very happy, healthy future!

Thank you everyone for your replies ^^). 
Life_Hope_Love I've tried doing therapy but it costs too much. Even the cheap kind. I tried doing it once over the internet with a professional, but it was a one month trial thing. Pastoral counseling? No. I can't talk to men about my issues. Not in a way I'd feel comfortable. Plus, I have felt alienated by pastor's wives who didn't know how to handle being a counselor. They just liked being a pastor's wife and that't it. Not their fault, of course, they just were never apt to learn. They had kids so naturally being a pastoress (whatever lol) to the oddball that I am, wasn't their calling. 

Throwing this out there, I'm a person who hates taking pills. Natural remedies have helped way better. But sustaining that is also hard. 

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling. From some of your posts it looks like you’re Christian. I am, too, and found that a lot of my poor mental health was from not seeking therapy. People would say just pray. But depression is like diabetes. It needs to be managed. I am a strong advocate for therapy. My quality of life didn’t improve until I started therapy and I’ve been battling with depression for 10+ years. I don’t know where you are and since I’m in New York City there are a lot of free clinics to try and seek help. I urge you to see if maybe there are clinics around you or a primary care doctor that can guide you to affordable or free therapy. Good luck. We are here with you and each other!