Did You Get Any Exercise Today?

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

We did an inspection tour of an old facility today and it was an extensive walk-around. We had to climb a long flight of stairs up into a "mezzanine" and I made it. Barely winded in fact.

I need to get back into shape. I keep saying that. It will take a horrendous amount of dedication to do that.

Keep posting here, JD.  I intend to!!!

6 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I can't drum up any motivation for some reason. For exercise or anything else. I've turned into Meh Man. That's my new superhero name. Meh Man.

I've been on the same boat for a few months now.

Sometimes I force myself out of the house. Sometimes I feel better afterwards, sometimes I feel like I want to crawl back into bed.

But Meh Man is pretty catchy. 

1 hour ago, Kimbers36 said:

I've been on the same boat for a few months now.

Sometimes I force myself out of the house. Sometimes I feel better afterwards, sometimes I feel like I want to crawl back into bed.

But Meh Man is pretty catchy. 

I'm going to be marketing expensive T-shirts with the Meh Man logo on it. The dude will be some old bald guy with a sorrowful expression on his face. I mean, a photo of me.

Edited by JD4010

Not yet.  I am hoping to work out in an hour or so.  I went out for beers to watch some Champions League football (soccer) with an avid Liverpool fan. 

Please make me do it LOL!!!

Keep physical, everyone.  You know it is good for us!!!

2 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I'm going to be marketing expensive T-shirts with the Meh Man logo on it. The dude will be some old bald guy with a sorrowful expression on his face. I mean, a photo of me.

You could make them exercise shirts. 

I also just noticed you updated your logo! This seriously brightened my day

1 hour ago, Kimbers36 said:

You could make them exercise shirts. 

I also just noticed you updated your logo! This seriously brightened my day

The most successful artistic venture of my entire pathetic "life".

43 minutes ago, Kimbers36 said:

Also, I got my lazy butt out of the house early this morning and did a hike in the rain. 

That's excellent. I had to cover for somebody at a meeting downtown this morning. I got to walk from the bus stop to the office building, about 1/2 mile. This used to be routine for me, only 3 years ago. All I need to do is keep this kind of thing up.

1 hour ago, salparadise6132 said:

Also watched Arsenal v. CSVK Moscow on the pitch and Canada v. China on the curling rink.  Do those count?  LOL

Hahaha. Depends on how exciting they were.

I have a wonderful Nordic Trak stationary bike in my living room. Why don't I ride it while watching the !d!ot box? Laziness, that's why. I get home and I'm so tired. I just want to fall into the recliner and not move.

Edited by JD4010

I've gone to my exercise class 4 times this week. It's for people over-50, I've been taking that class since just after Labor Day (U.S) 2014. We start off with cardio-dancing, low impact and then do weights/strength training/balance stuff and stretching. 

I'm excited about this because 2 of the days this week, I got to class late because I was working and my shift (at the community center where the class is) ends just when the class is getting started.  This means I've been prepared ahead of time, which means I'm doing things to take care of myself.

This winter, I'd been letting self-care slide.

Movement and music to move to is so important to me.

I HATE exercise and movement. I know it is good for health and I should do it but my depression gets the best of me and makes me eat and mope around instead. I’ve tried lying to myself and forcing me to exercise but I can’t bribg myself to do it consistently. Does anyone have any advice?

17 hours ago, Eileen Weiss Martinez said:

I HATE exercise and movement. I know it is good for health and I should do it but my depression gets the best of me and makes me eat and mope around instead. I’ve tried lying to myself and forcing me to exercise but I can’t bribg myself to do it consistently. Does anyone have any advice?

I get it, my friend.  Me too!

Still, did 20 minutes of step machine today, mostly because I was not too down.  I do understand, and have been there, about the effect depression has on willingness to work out!