Can anyone else PHYSICALLY feel their emotions shifting?

sabiflitch

I've never really been able to successfully describe this feeling. When my mood tends to lighten, and it's only when it is lightening (aka I'm feeling better/more positive/no longer upset) that I feel it. It's in my chest. A physical feeling. Is it my serotonin in my brain being released/produced? Moments, seconds before I actually have that change in my brain, I will often say outlaid (usually to my partner) that I can feel my mood changing. Literally feel it. Sorry if this is super confusing or weird, but it's what I'm experiencing. Anyone else?

Yes! I absolutely have the feelings you are describing. I can feel when my depression starts to lift in my chest first. Then usually the haziness in my brain starts to slowly lift and I can think clearer.

Whats weird is since I have only become recently aware of the physical transition it is now giving me major anxiety. I sit there and fret that I am going to do something or say something or that an outside source will sabotage the feeling. It doesn’t make it go away, but it does slow down the process. I wish I could tell my brain to **** off.

I know what you mean. I can tell I'm about to have a panic attack when my legs start shaking a lot and I get really clammy and quiet. But even before that I can almost guess when it's going to happen, it's like this gut instinct that I know I'm about to either have a depressive episode or a panic attack...I've never thought about that before