Hey everyone, new here. 

I won't lie, it took me quite some time to finally muster the courage to join. I do believe this place has something good to offer and for me to benefit from, so I'm giving it a go!

My struggle with mental illness is life-long, I've been anxious and depressed since I can remember (and adding up trauma to the mix) hopefully this place will be a positive outlet where I can actually relate to some of you and grow as a person. Find support, give support. 

I don't want to make this introduction longer than it should be, so I'll wrap it up. Thanks for reading. 

- Drawing Flies. 

Edited by Drawing Flies

Hi! Welcome!

I've also struggled with anxiety and depression for much of my life, as have many people here, so you're not alone! This place has always been helpful and supportive for me; I hope you find that, too. Reach out whenever you need to! 

Best wishes to you!

Hey Drawing Flies

Welcome to the forum, 

I’m sorry to hear of your struggles, it’s something that many of us are familiar with, you’ve come to the right place for support and I hope you find it as helpful as I have over the years. Thank you for reaching out to us, I understand the courage that it takes. 

Best wishes

Leila 

On 3/23/2018 at 1:15 AM, Drawing Flies said:

Hi, welcome!
I'm sorry to read about your struggles. You're not alone! 
I think it's really brave of you to open up and admit these tough feelings. And it's so important to have a good support system. I also found getting connected to a good church helped a lot too. 
You can do this, look how far you've come :) 
I saw this article and thought you might find it useful: https://bit.ly/2ic5SWi 
Keep on seeking and trying, you will get your breakthrough!

Hi @Epictetus, nice to meet you too. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. 

Hi @virvellian, yes! From the album Badmotorfinger. It's a band that has helped me cope with my issues throughout my entire life, what happened to Cornell is still somewhat of a shock to me. And well, thank you too for taking the time to welcome me. 

Edited by Drawing Flies
spelling mistake