Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Tungsten Aromatics

Deleting/hiding content   01/26/2018

Members please note: We can not hide or delete posts/threads, content in blogs or images. This also applies to gallerys and blogs. This is also against Df's ToS. Please be mindful about what you post and remember that once you hit send, it will be viewable on the internet.
    • Lindsay

Donate Now   02/09/2018

Give the gift that will keep on giving.     Donate Now  Thank you so much and have a healthy, happy and wonderful year ahead!   Forum Admin Founder/Owner of DepressionForums.org Lindsay Reday Forum Administrator, Founder LGJ CEO/Director, Owner of DepressionForums.org Tungsten Aromatics Senior Administrator 20YearsandCounting Assistant Administrator/Mod Coodinator KidSurvivor2011 Moderator/Administrator Natasha1 Senior Moderator We are in search of an In-House Administrative Technician/Webmaster - Apply to Forum Admin                              
jeffneedscompany

Catholic High School is a Bad Environment for Me

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

Hello! This is my first post here and I wasn't sure where to make it. I'm not very familiar with forums, and I'm really sorry if this was a mistake.

I am going to Catholic High School right now and it is not a good experience. This school is very focused on athletics and filled with jocks and I'm trying really hard to do well in it. My last report card gave me a 3.8 average. I study and try really hard in school, but I have no friends. People can be friendly here, but it's not a place where individualism is encouraged. I'm neither a jock and  find most of the things the guys here do to be really stupid and I don't find their immaturity to be really cool. They're just the type to be really mean for no reason. The other day I got snowballs thrown at me because I walked past another student. I'm not very religious and every religious thing we do at my school is just an interruption of the education I want. 

In the city of New York, you can apply to go to high schools, so I did. This was my last choice. Just existing in this school hurts me. It makes me feel like a lesser human being, but it's my second here and I've gotten over that for the most part. But, I just feel so isolated because I'm nothing like the students here. I avoid them because becoming friends with them would mostly get me into trouble. I'm a part of student council and I try to show school pride, even though I hate this place and a majority of the students. I resort to having friends online, but it doesn't fill the void that physical contact does. I want a boyfriend, and being gay at my school is not encouraged by the students. Anyways, most dudes my age are too immature for me, so I have to wait til I'm 18 for my dating pool to open up. 

I'm so stressed to do well in every class, and all my time goes to school. Some days, I don't realize how stressed I am until I break down and start crying. I feel horrible more often and it keeps becoming more frequent.

Have any of you been in something similar?

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Hi and welcome to the Forums, Jeffneedscompany!

I am so sorry you are enduring such an unpleasant and painful time in high school.  Your school sounds like the one I went to and all I can say is that I don't know how I survived it, but I did.   So I can really empathize with you!  

Although I am over 63 years old now, I could easily have written so many of the things you wrote.  How sad that things do not ever seem to change.

I hope you will meet many kind and understanding people here on the Forums and make friends here too.  You deserve a life where you can have encouragement, understanding and compassion from others.   

I sure hope things improve for you!!! - epictetus

Posted · Report post  

Welcome to DF, jeffneedscompany.  :console:  I'm sorry you are struggling so much right now, but I'm glad you made your way here. It sounds like you have very good grades.  I hope you are able to get into the alternate school you applied to.