Sign in to follow this  
Nuke123

Can’t stay a sleep

Hi all. I was just bumped up from 15mg to 20 of lexapro three weeks ago. Now I’m getting the shakes and I go to bed at 1030 and up at 3 or 4. Can’t go back to sleep. I’ve been taking visceral 5mg and melatonin 10mg to get to sleep. Is this ever going to get better? I’m really wiped out everyday at work and I don’t want to loose my job. Anyone else having these same effects?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I had been on 10mg of Lexapro for a couple of years and had the same type of insomnia where you can fall asleep but wake up after a couple of hours. It's called sleep maintenance insomnia. What cured it for me was taking 50mg of quetiapine before sleep. Of course, you should talk to your psychiatrist before taking any extra meds.

I hope you get better soon!

Hey virvellian,

Thanks for response but I tried that 25mg of quetiapine cut into quarters and still couldn’t function next day. That’s some strong stuff. I take half 10mg viseral and 10 melatonin for sleep. I’m walking 3 miles a day for exercise so I’m nice and tired for sleep. But those night sweats come on and wakes me up. Zoloft didn’t effect me like this. I need at least 6-7 hrs sleep and I’m getting 4-5. It’s really taking a toll on me.