Sign in to follow this  
sober4life

I Can't Stand This Anymore!

My OCD right now has me obcessed with going to the bathroom. I can't feel comfortable or have any fun going anywhere! I'm always afraid I won't be able to make it to the bathroom in time even though I've never had an accident. I think about it the whole time I'm away from my apartment and it drives me crazy. This is one of those obcessions that's impossible to beat because having an accident is always possible and I can't take the risk of testing it. Every time I go somewhere that has a bathroom I go to it. I know this is insane but there's really no way to stop this! Does anyone else go through this and how do I stop it? :hearts:

This is quite a common concern <rolls eyes> ...... we have motorways in the UK and if ever I'm being driven along I want the loo - even when I've only just 'been'.! I feel like I want to 'go' enough to make my lower tummy queasy ........

I make sure that I know where the loos are in all the shopping centres, I make sure there aren't long queues - just in case. I make sure in cafes/pubs/restaurants/friend's houses ...... just in case. It helps a little!

However, I do suffer with cystitis which means I need the bathroom in a hurry! When it's really troublesome I can't leave the house, I end up sitting on the loo just draining my irritated bladder :-(((.

Anxiety causes all kinds of problems ........ making us need to pee/pooooooh more often. Rescue Remedy helps a bit. Also drinking plenty the day before an event means the kidneys don't have to work as hard which is a physical cause for the bladder to feel irritated. However when my bowels are churning I look for a loo constantly!

Hi there,I've been just told I have ocd from my new pdoc.I didn't think ocd had to do with thoughts,but I have classic ruminating thoughts,worries,habits,lol.Anyway,I too have a issue with doing my pee,lol.I feel I have to go do it very often during the day.I feel I do,but I don't really produce much.I go about 30 times a day,I do this because I don't want to begin an activity like mpowing the lawn,having a smoke,cutting up firewood,etc,etc,,,and have to stop to go.

This makes no sense to me,but I read your post,and I had to add me to your list.

I'm alittle glad I'm not alone because I feel alone alot with my "troubles",my thoughts,etc.

I've been treated for depression/anxiety for 20+ years with ad's and a small amout of benzo meds.

I've been on tranzene for 12 years now,and I recently switch my ad,and my doctor thinks I would do better to take 1 mg klonopin 3 times a day,than my tranzene,15mgs twice a day.

I have my presciption filled,but I havn't switched yet as I terrified of any changes!I'm actually afraid,and am going to look around the forum to see if anyone else has switched these meds,or similar ones before.

Yes,I'm a real worrier!!

Take care,and talk to you later,Steve.

I'm quite the opposite.... I REFUSE to use public restrooms. I always use the bathroom before I leave my house.

Have you ever been checked for underlying conditions? I'm just wondering if you possibly have an over active bladder and you may need some help with that? Do you have the "urge" to use the restroom or is it just an impulse that you HAVE to use the bathroom?

Sorry if I sound ignorant... I do not suffer from OCD, and my heart goes out to you. I wish there was an easy answer for all of these issues.

Looking Up :hearts:

I don't know sometimes I don't even have to go to the bathroom when I go and other times if I keep thinking about it I feel like I have to go like 5 minutes after I went. I really don't think it's over active bladder. It's just my obcessive brain messing with me and driving me nuts! If I'm at my apartment or a place that for sure has a bathroom that I can quickly get to it's such a relief. I can finally relax and just be myself. I know this sounds pathetic to most people. A lot of people that read this probably laughed but didn't say anything.

My personal feeling is everyone has a little case of ocd. I think some are worse than others I think my little ocds flare up when im having a panic attic why I dont know? I used to think I was the only one with this problem but from everything I have read from different sites i now know alot of people go through the same things I hope you can get it under control I know how I feel when I can not control mine and it doesnt feel good thanks for listening

IHatelife,

Do I have this right?

You are thinking about going to the bathroom a lot. The thoughts are so overpowering that you decide to go in the hope the thoughts go away. Three minutes in and the thoughts return.

I suggest writing these things down in a notebook. Try delaying the time your act upon the compulsion to go to the bathroom. What are you feeling? Anxious? Depressed? Do the thoughts go away and if so how long until they return?

Edited by kirkwuk