GlassAlice

How to gain weight?

I used to have body dysmorphia so I hated the way I looked, even though my weight was normal.

Last summer 

Spoiler

I dieted a bit by eating an hour after I was hungry.

I lost a lot of weight throughout the summer and I had less appetite (maybe due to my depression as well). Currently, I'm trying to gain weight but I don't know how. Any advice? (I'm vegetarian btw)

The only thing I eat is carbs tbh. I have cereal for breakfast, pizza for lunch and usually rice with something for dinner. I love cheese and garlic bread too.

Also, I am not suffering from any eating disorders. 

When i was in treatment, we were working on mechanical eating. I was supposed to eat every two hours. Even if it was just a small amount. It had to be something. So basically as Asta said, it was grazing.

The idea was to get my body to develop its hunger signals again as it was just so easy for me to not eat or eat very little. There was supposed to be an increase to amounts over time and a merging of the many meal times.

I never got that far though. I left. I wasnt ready then. 

Pasta has a good chunk of calories at least the way i eat it lol. Bread, meat, cheese...

As Asta said...you just have to eat. Aim for balance. One thing you can do is find out what your numbers are for intake and instead of going with the maintenance or weight loss numbers, aim for higher until you get to where you need to be and then you can go to maintenance.

Best to see a doctor or nutritionist for guidance.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:50 PM, Natasha1 said:

When i was in treatment, we were working on mechanical eating. I was supposed to eat every two hours. Even if it was just a small amount. It had to be something. So basically as Asta said, it was grazing.

The idea was to get my body to develop its hunger signals again as it was just so easy for me to not eat or eat very little. There was supposed to be an increase to amounts over time and a merging of the many meal times.

I never got that far though. I left. I wasnt ready then. 

Pasta has a good chunk of calories at least the way i eat it lol. Bread, meat, cheese...

As Asta said...you just have to eat. Aim for balance. One thing you can do is find out what your numbers are for intake and instead of going with the maintenance or weight loss numbers, aim for higher until you get to where you need to be and then you can go to maintenance.

Best to see a doctor or nutritionist for guidance.

Thanks for the advice. I hope you're doing better!

The thought was to get my body to build up its yearning signals again as it was simply so natural for me to not eat or eat practically nothing, there should be an expansion to sums after some time and a converging of the numerous feast times...

In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

Work out in the gym on some resistance training for at least 3 times per week. But before you do so, speak to a qualified physical training instructor who can advise on what exercise routine is suitable for you. If not, go to the library to read up on what are the work-out routines that are ideal for a person of your build and weight. If you want more details check here fitnessgrab.com this might help! 

Edited by BeatriceAEpp