Sign in to follow this  
sabiflitch

Random bouts of suicide

Life is full of conflict. I also wonder, is death really the onlt answer. Probably not, but the answer is easily misrepresented.

Life is only amazing to us when we feel that it is. Recognizing it on an intellectual level just isn't enough. We have to actually feel the tingling down our spines whenever our lovers look us in the eye as if all the birds in their world would stop chirping once their focus became redirected, we have to feel how our entire bodies fill with the most pleasant of warmth whenever the sun is shining down on us as if we're worthy of its blessing, we have to feel our hearts flutter whenever our peers show their acceptance of us by laughing at our jokes as if they were actually clever and funny, we have to feel like there's something even greater than us beyond our world that has yet to be discovered whenever we lie in the grass and look up towards the burning stars, and we have to feel how every single battle we ever fought was worth it whenever we look down on our children only to see little angels looking back on us with the purest of smiles on their lips as if they knew everything we've gone through and that it's okay to finally let go of our anguish and fears.

Many imagine suicide to be the only solution and sometimes even the best solution to our melancholy, but they're wrong. Death does not provide you with any relief. If we're to trust medical science, once your brain stops functioning, your consciousness ceases to exist. You become about as sentient as a rock, which isn't sentient at all. Even if you're a person of faith and believe that there is an afterlife, you cannot be completely certain of it. What you can be certain of is what you're currently experiencing and what you're currently in possession of.

The only thing that needs to die is the depression itself; that's how you'll become happy and feel the stuff worth feeling. Depression is a parasite which consumes all of your good memories and future hopes; it then imitates you until everyone, including yourself, believe that depression is all there is to you. Keep fighting it. I promise you that, if you're persistent, there will come a day when you'll be happy that you survived these times of emptiness.

Edited by Blueblood

Deep, dark emptiness is a given in our lives.

To my way of thinking I must put the emptiness to use.

Through very troubling times I have learned to metaphorically turn my back on the abyss.

I try to give hope that there is always a way out of the depression cave. 

I really know how miserable it is to be lost inside of myself.

We can and must help each other out of the darkness.