Sign in to follow this  
glancedUp

Hello everyone ^_^

Hello all ^_^

I'm glancedUp.

Allow me to tell you why I joined. I've suffered depression, for a very long time and knowing how it feels makes me want to help others who suffers from it.

Recently, there was a news about a young celebrity committed suicide in South Korea. He was 27. There were many such news before, but that one particular news trigger something inside me that want to help other sufferers. I would not say I'm totally over my depression, but I no longer having suicidal thoughts and I would like to help anybody, in anyway that I can, with their depression. I also thought, who else would understand this thing better than fellow sufferers, what with all the stigmas been put to mental illness out there.

Depression is such a heavy and malicious feeling and we all need each other.

I hope I can help :)

Hello, glancedUp!

My name is Jennifer and I welcome you to the forum with the utmost warmth in mind. It is a very commendable thing to want to help others with their mental health and we're all highly appreciative of your effort. Hearing that you have overcome suicidal thoughts is truly admirable, because it takes a whole lot of guts to pull through those times of hurt and complete suffering.

I wasn't aware of the Korean celebrity who had committed suicide. It really is heartbreaking to hear about someone being pushed to that point. Unfortunately, all we can do with such past events is to try learning from them, and that's one of the forum's main goals. We try our best to let people know about why and how to survive depression and related mental health issues.

Thank you for joining and I hope your depression will keep on getting better. We're all here for you. :icon12:

Edited by Blueblood

I also want to welcome you to the Forums, glancedUp!  

It is nice to meet you.

I was saddened by the passing of the Korean celebrity you mentioned.  That was really tragic.

I applaud your desire to help others.  That is such a noble and heroic thing to do.

You sound like a really wonderful person! 

I hope you will feel at home here on the Forums and among friends.  I look forward to reading your future posts.  Welcome!!!

- epictetus

Hi- Welcome to the group! You have a kind heart because in the midst of your depression you have the desire to help others. Keep it up. I heard about the Korean celebrity. It was sad.

I hope you will get better soon and you will have the comfort as you pass through this journey. Take care. Keep us posted, thank you for sharing.