Reasons to get up in the morning?

auzi

Hello.

I have been struggling to find reasons to get out of bed every morning. Even when I have to get up early, I just can't seem to do it. It usually takes me 2-4 hours to drag myself out of bed in the morning, and I am always, always tired. Does anyone have anything I can tell myself or do to help me get out of bed in the morning?

Thank you.

Hi Auzi and welcome to the Forums,

It is nice to meet you.

Getting out of bed in the morning is a problem for me to, but I have been diagnosed with medical depression.  Have you consulted with a licensed physician about your situation.  Sometimes there are forms of organic pathology which can cause or contribute to what you are experiencing, such as depression itself or, for example, thyroid problems and others.  Only a physician can diagnose, treat or rule those out as causal factors.

Although none of us here on the Forums are doctors of medical professionals, we are fellow sufferers.  I know I am not alone in having difficulty getting out of bed in the morning sometimes and I have read posts by others dealing with the same problem.  

As for myself, I like to try to help people and that gives me a reason to get out of bed everyday.  I also like to help the animals that inhabit the area where I live.  I like to give them food and water each day.  These are the two main reasons I have for crawling out of my bed each day.  Please realize that this is not "advice" of any kind.  We are all different and what works for one of us might be wrong for someone else.  I am just sharing with you my own situation.

Please make yourself at home on the Forums.  There are so many nice people here and you will be among friends.  Thank you for posting what you did.  It helps all of us feel less alone with our difficulties and that is a tremendous gift to give.  - epictetus