What's the longest you've not showered due to depression?

Hazzy

I've gone 2 days without showering.I know this may sound gross to some, but when depression hits me hard, I don't shower every single day. Sometimes getting out of bed is the hardest thing to do. I hope I'm not the only on who deals with this.

I had once a depression that was pretty intense -- I didn't shower a month and I couldn't get myself to even brush my teeth. I had the most ungodful breath on earth and I smelled like a pig, but I didn't really care; I was swallowed by a really dark and merciless entity. I think I lost a good couple of 'friends' due to my absence and appearence, but I recovered -- thankfully. 

Depression can be tough, because it's kind of like that movie 'The Brave Little Toaster' where one of the cars sing about their oncoming doom -- "I just can't, I just can't. I just can't seem to get started." When depression does hit, it's practically impossible to do anything, and I honestly just lie down in a fetal position and wait for it to go over. 

Other than that, I really only shower once or twice a week. It's the healthiest for the skin and hair if you ask me, plus you also train your immune system and spare money at the same time. I personally don't think it's gross at all to not shower every day, but I also think it kind of depends on how much sweat you accumulate during the day; I knew a guy who showered twice a day because he was sweating so much.

I don't feel better after showering. I do so usually every other day, but the longest I've been without showering due to depression is just under a month.

I didn't brush my teeth for two months, though... I didn't give a toss.