7th circle of hell

Nightjar

Hi everyone, 

I think I've descended into the 7th circle of hell. I'm going through a divorce type break up, am selling my house and dealing with severe anxiety simultaneously. 

I'm exhausted, emotionally and physically but can't stop this whole process of selling and moving. It seems I have no choice as my ex partner is paying the mortgage and he won't carry on for my benefit.

I have hard times ahead too, I'll be staying with my narcissistic mother till I have something else sorted. I feel like I'm going to have some sort of fit or stroke or go completely insane I am so drained,  exhausted and anxious.

Any advice would be appreciated right now. Thankyou. 

You can and you will get through this. 

Firstly, acknowledge to yourself that this is a difficult time and you need help on many fronts ... financial advice, legal advice and most importantly, personal well-being. Don't be one bit shy about asking for help from organizations there to help. 

Secondly, reduce the amount of things on the mind by simplifying them. Write down lists for what you need to do over a day and stick rigidly to it. 

Thirdly, remember you have friends that care for you and want to see you happy. On the forum here, we'll try to help in any way we can. 

Sorry, but tired and long day tomorrow so must hit the hay. The one thing I would say is keep talking and writing ... don't let things fester. 

Hi Cent and Stoniumfrog. Your kind words are really appreciated. 

Cent (Kyle?) you sound like a really sweet young person. It's lovely to have your support. 

Stonium, Thankyou for your valuable advice. I have been using lists, I do find that helpful. It's really the exhaustion which is flooring me at the moment. I even crashed my car the other day, I'm that tired. Thank god no one was hurt.

I'm also lacking in the support department unfortunately. I really miss having a partner and friends are thin on the ground. This place helps. 

Have you been through divorce yourself? 

Thanks again, I will think on your kind words, kyle and stonium as I battle on through the fog.

17 hours ago, Cent said:

Honestly I don’t know how to help you because I’m just a kid. I can tell you that things will get better. It might sound like I’m BSing you but I’m seriously not.

-KylePD

Fogot to quote you in my reply so you know I have replied. 

16 hours ago, StoniumFrog said:

You can and you will get through this. 

Firstly, acknowledge to yourself that this is a difficult time and you need help on many fronts ... financial advice, legal advice and most importantly, personal well-being. Don't be one bit shy about asking for help from organizations there to help. 

Secondly, reduce the amount of things on the mind by simplifying them. Write down lists for what you need to do over a day and stick rigidly to it. 

Thirdly, remember you have friends that care for you and want to see you happy. On the forum here, we'll try to help in any way we can. 

Sorry, but tired and long day tomorrow so must hit the hay. The one thing I would say is keep talking and writing ... don't let things fester. 

Same. Just so you know I've replied. Cheers guys.

I went through a divorce 3.5 years ago, after 30 years of marriage. I essentially lost everything, except for my daughter (thank God for that). I've slowly rebuilt my life and I'm now in reasonably good condition, all things considered. Did it suck? Yes. But I got through it and I can look back with the knowledge that I was able to survive.

If an old duffer like me (I'm 58 now) can do it, anyone can. Best wishes to you.

On 14/02/2018 at 6:37 PM, JD4010 said:

I went through a divorce 3.5 years ago, after 30 years of marriage. I essentially lost everything, except for my daughter (thank God for that). I've slowly rebuilt my life and I'm now in reasonably good condition, all things considered. Did it suck? Yes. But I got through it and I can look back with the knowledge that I was able to survive.

If an old duffer like me (I'm 58 now) can do it, anyone can. Best wishes to you.

Hi JD4010 and thanks for the reply. It's good to hear from someone who has been there and come out on the other side. I keep telling myself that I will be stronger on the other side of this and I believe it. Sort of.

Did you have similar feelings in the middle of it, like you were just going to collapse or something? 

Edited by jeremiah

22 hours ago, jeremiah said:

Did you have similar feelings in the middle of it, like you were just going to collapse or something? 

In my case, I had to get out. I was suicidal. The divorce process was stressful but there was always a light at the end of the tunnel. For me, it was "worth it" because I couldn't stand how I was living (or not) during the marriage.