Sex

Cent

I haven’t been posting very much because I’ve had a string of good days since my last post which was good. Today during school something happened that threw me for a loop though.

It wasn’t even anything major. I have an attractive friend, and when she walked into class she looked more attractive than she ever had before. I guess I’m just frustrated by being single. We’re actually very close and I was talking to her about how I was feeling (although I left out the part about her being hot) and we talked about how I could get a date. What we were saying makes sense, but for some reason I don’t think it will work. And honesty I have doubts that it would be responsible to get in a relationship at this point in my life. Idk, I guess I’m fine now but that was annoying.

Thank-you for posting what you, Cent!  It certainly helps me feel less isolated with my own relationship problems.  And I'm sure it will help others too.    I am the last person in the world to offer relationship advice given my track record, but I sure hope things work out for you though.  I am rooting for you ! ! ! ! ! - epictetus

I'm chiming in to agree with Epic above. When I was younger, I was always afraid to ask a woman out. I didn't have much confidence in myself. I still don't, for that matter. My only advice is to stay friends with her, and let things fall where they may. Another woman may well come along too, especially at your age (I assume you are young because you are still in school).

Best wishes!

4 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I'm chiming in to agree with Epic above. When I was younger, I was always afraid to ask a woman out. I didn't have much confidence in myself. I still don't, for that matter. My only advice is to stay friends with her, and let things fall where they may. Another woman may well come along too, especially at your age (I assume you are young because you are still in school).

Best wishes!

I know that the right play is to not make any stupid moves and to just let things happen, but it’s so hard for me to be content with my answer. My head is pounding right now because I’m so stressed about this.

Yup, been in your exact situation more times than I can count. I feel for you, and wish I knew what to do but I really don't. I will say this, if you really feel romantic feelings towards this girl the absolute best thing you can do for both yourself and her is to go ahead and level with her. Lay it all out and whatever is going to happen will happen. If you can't speak, then do a letter or e-mail. If she says no, then you have your answer and can start working on closure and pursuing someone else. If she says yes (which may be more likely than you think), then congratulations.

Damn, I am so happy to be married and not have to go through that BS any more!! 

Afterglow is right... it may be very difficult, but if you really have feelings for her then let her know. Do it in a way where she doesn't feel pressured to be with you or even obligated to tell you how she feels. Even if she doesn't feel the same way, she will most likely be flattered that you feel that way. Either way, the pain of not knowing hurts a lot more and lasts a lot longer than being rejected. Take care!