Natasha1

RECIPES!!!!

1 hour ago, LouisRiel said:

Frozen strawberries, fresh banana, ice, and water

Blend 

Guilt free 🙂 Seriously fresh banana's are so flavourful this way especially without another liquid mellowing the flavour

YES!  You can also turn frozen bananas into ice cream.  Search for banana ice cream on YouTube.

You can also make pancakes using just banana and eggs. 

I also like to make banana shakes using only banana, ice, and almond milk.

Edited by evalynn
took out the word "vegan" as it didn't make sense. lol

Oh yeah.  Here's the base recipe for banana oatmeal cookies:

Preheat oven to 350F

2 bananas thoroughly mashed
1 cup quick cook oats
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats

Mix everything together.  Scoop by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Pat each mound into a cookie shape (this mixture doesn't spread during baking like regular cookies).  Bake for 10-15 minutes.  Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes to firm up, then transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.

The last time I made these, I added a pinch of nutmeg and some raisins.

I just made a 4 ingredient berry cobbler. The bottom layer is mixed frozen berries, and the top layer is a crumble made from Bisquick, sugar, and softened butter. I'm sure it's going to be delicious BUT it just occurred to me that I don't have any idea how to store it until tomorrow. If I refrigerate it, it might make the biscuity part soggy and if I leave it out, won't the berries go bad? I don't know, I don't know!

23 hours ago, evalynn said:

I just made a 4 ingredient berry cobbler. The bottom layer is mixed frozen berries, and the top layer is a crumble made from Bisquick, sugar, and softened butter. I'm sure it's going to be delicious BUT it just occurred to me that I don't have any idea how to store it until tomorrow. If I refrigerate it, it might make the biscuity part soggy and if I leave it out, won't the berries go bad? I don't know, I don't know!

How did it turn out, @evalynn?  It sounds yummy!

9 minutes ago, SpiralingMind said:

How did it turn out, @evalynn?  It sounds yummy!

It came out pretty good! After consulting with some forums, I decided to leave it out overnight and there were no issues. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, and it was nice to throw together something easy for once. We added some ice cream and whipped cream to jazz it up. Here's the full recipe:

6 cups frozen berries

2.5 cups Bisquick (the pancake mix)

1.5 cups sugar

1 stick of butter, softened

Place the frozen berries in a 8 x 13 pan. Mix the other ingredients into a crumble and dump over the berries. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour. Voila!

So I just invented my new favorite dish. I had some imitation crab meat (I guess it's really another kind of fish?) that we bought a few days ago and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I melted butter in a hot pan then added the "crab". Then I had a revelation and cracked two eggs in there and swirled it up into "crab" scrambled eggs. Then I toasted a slice of bread and added a slice of cheese to it and melted that in the microwave for a few minutes. Then I dumped the "crab" scrambled eggs over the cheesy toast. IT WAS SO GOOD.

On 6/30/2018 at 6:25 AM, evalynn said:

So I just invented my new favorite dish. I had some imitation crab meat (I guess it's really another kind of fish?) that we bought a few days ago and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I melted butter in a hot pan then added the "crab". Then I had a revelation and cracked two eggs in there and swirled it up into "crab" scrambled eggs. Then I toasted a slice of bread and added a slice of cheese to it and melted that in the microwave for a few minutes. Then I dumped the "crab" scrambled eggs over the cheesy toast. IT WAS SO GOOD.

That sounds fantastic! I don't have crab meat, but I think I'll try it with mushrooms and spinach, of which I have plenty! I'm looking forward to breakfast now.

On 7/9/2018 at 10:53 AM, evalynn said:

Instead of making Spanish rice, I make regular brown or white rice and stir in salsa. Lately, I've been using peach mango jalapeno salsa so it's nice and sweet and spicy.

You have the coolest ideas! It makes me want to start cooking again.

I make my own "burrito bowls". I make rice, stir in black beans, and cook and mix in meat (e.g., ground turkey). Then I top it with shredded cheese and sour cream. Tonight, I also added some peach mango salsa and we crumbled up some nacho chips and added them for crunch.

I'm making my steak tacos so I just whipped up the marinade for the meat:

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice

2/3 cup diced cilantro

4 cloves chopped garlic

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon (or more!) red pepper flakes

I let some thin steak marinate for a few hours, saute it, put in some corn tortillas and it's so yummy! 😋

I'm making a fruit pizza. 

The dough is a 16 oz roll of sugar cookie, pressed into a 12-inch pizza pan that has been sprayed with oil. Bake for 14 minutes, then let cool.

The "sauce" is 8 oz of cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, whipped.

Then top with 4 cups of fruit. I'm using blueberries, raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and cut up strawberries.

Take 1/4 apricot or peach preserves, add a tablespoon of water, mix and put through a sieve to separate the lumps. Brush onto the fruit.

Refrigerate for at least two hours. Voila!

1 lb crab meat, 1tsp mustard, 3 tbl spoon mayonnaise,  1 tsp old bay,  3tbl sp pancake mix 1 tsp fresh parsley,  

Mix all ingredients and form into patties and put in fridge for 2 hrs to chill, they will feel like they wont hold together thats normal,  broil or fry in enough oil to cover half way up crab cake sides.

These are the best you will ever eat guaranteed 

My husband found sweet Hawaiian hamburger rolls, so I decided to make "Hawaiian burgers" by grilling pineapple rings to put on the burgers. I also made a sauce out of mayo, teriyaki sauce, and lime juice. It was pretty tasty.

58 minutes ago, evalynn said:

My husband found sweet Hawaiian hamburger rolls, so I decided to make "Hawaiian burgers" by grilling pineapple rings to put on the burgers. I also made a sauce out of mayo, teriyaki sauce, and lime juice. It was pretty tasty.

That sounds so good!  I'm going to have to try that out.  There are so many interesting ways to make burgers out there...I need to experiment more.  I might try this one when I grill on 4th of July.  Pineapple on a burger just sounds good to me 🙂