Sign in to follow this  
Saliency

What is your favourite YouTube channel/video?

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine recently introduced me to a new YouTube channel that I have never seen before. I find a lot of the videos to be quite funny, uplifting and intelligent. The channel name/YouTuber is exurba1a and my favourite videos so far have been "Instructions for a Happy Life" and "Thoughts From Your Deathbed". Another channel I have always liked is "How It Should Have Ended", which consists of a number of animated videos poking fun at a lot of blockbuster films and how these movies really should have ended from a logical perspective. The Lord of the Rings one is my favourite!

Does anyone else have any Youtube channel/video recommendations that have made them laugh, think, or simply gotten them through hard times and given them a daily dose of inspiration? 

If you're a linguistics or languages nerd, there are two channels that are really cool: LangFocus and NatvLang. I also follow a bunch of channels that teach Spanish and Portuguese, random makeup gurus, etc.

I like watching consumer reports type videos comparing low and high-end priced products.  Lately I've been watching videos about cruelty-free makeup (makeup not tested on animals).

It amazes me how two items can be of very similar quality yet one is extremely expensive and the other is cheap.

I recommend Kurzgesagt, anything by documentary maker Adam Curtis and recently discovered Jordan Peterson who seems to know what he's talking about.

I love watching Hammock music videos. They're a mostly-instrumental ambient/post-rock band from Texas, and their videos are just as gorgeous as their music. They work a lot with Thomas Petilo, who does some breathtaking photography and cinematography. 

My favorite video of theirs has to be "Tape Recorder." It's so nostalgic and melancholy, but not outright depressing. There are always tinges of hope. I find them very inspiring.

Sign in to follow this