Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone,

I just joined up tonight... I'm trying to make sense of why I am in this current situation by sharing my story and maybe helping others at the same time.

I thought I'd beaten severe depression and now it seems its returned like an unwanted gift (my health anxiety is convincing me its other things). Confusing and very uncertain times at the moment.

See you in the forums!

Hi Whostolemyfunny and welcome to the Forums.  

Its nice to meet you.  I like your screen name.  Its great.

Severe depression is absolutely brutal and I am really sorry that you have been stricken with it and that it has returned.  People not stricken with this terrible illness can often lack real understanding of it.  Hopefully you will find that kind of understanding here among fellow sufferers, strugglers, survivors of depression.  

I would like to write more but am currently battling a case of the flu and it takes all my energy from me, like depression itself.  I certainly look forward to reading your posts and want to wish you only good things . . . all the very best!  - epictetus

Love that you think about helping others with your story.  And sorry you're going through it but I pray it does bring about good things to yourself and others.  Talking/writing about it will help but it never hurts to get counseling.  I also pray for you in your health issues.  We are here to listen...

Hi there. 

It it can be brutal finding yourself back in the abyss. Especially after you’ve beaten it once or twice before. 

You sound upbeat and hopeful though. I hope they is the case.