What's On Your Mind Right Now? (2)

Tired and dreading this evening's checkup visit with Mom.  Found things amiss last night that I corrected.  She's still confused on her pills, even in clearly labeled boxes.  She's having trouble caring for herself and I have ZERO support, even from her church whose members have repeatedly assured me they'd check in on her.  I'm ready to read them the riot act.  I'm stuck with this the whole long weekend until her physical therapist and nurse start showing up weekdays.

I may simply have to drop her off at the ER if I reach the point I can't manage any longer.  It's lousy, I know.  But everyone's abandoned me.  And, yeah, as Mom's caregiver, I am focused on me and making sure I'm in some kinda shape to tackle this.

5 hours ago, Wisteria said:

I feel so lonely like it's destroying me.. I crave for a deeper human connection so badly that I can't take this anymore. I'm so worthless.

You are not worthless.  I know how you feel.  It's another weekend sitting in the dark crying for me.  I hate life.

@MarkintheDark I'm so sorry that you lack any support with taking care of your mother. My mom has early onset dementia. It got to a point where my dad could no longer take care of her, even with our help. As things got worse, she ended up in the hospital a few times. Eventually she ended up in the nursing home where she now stays. I'm not sure about all the details, but I know my dad had to go to court to get authority over her medical care and such, and that he got her on disability which is what pays for her nursing home stay now. He still visits her nearly every day, but as I'm sure you know it's so much easier on him to be able to take care of himself without having to watch her every second. I hope that you are able to get some support somehow with your mom, so that you can both be as healthy as possible. 

I'm thinking of how nice it would be to put my two weeks notice in.

How great it would be to have a car so I could go wherever, whenever. 

How nice it would be to have a deep, intellectual, trusting connection with the opposite sex. 

Thinking of money issues. My moms health. My brothers health. 

My loneliness, sadness and hopelessness. 

I have a lot on my mind.

FEMA is going to test an emergency alert system at 2:18pm Eastern on 9/20.  From Fortune Magazine:

The text will use the same buzzing and ringing sound for an AMBER alert or extreme weather warning. The text’s message will have a header of “Presidential Alert” and read, “THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”

Edited by SpiralingMind

On 9/2/2018 at 12:43 AM, samadhiSheol said:

You are anything but. Never ever worthless, @Wisteria

At least online you are not alone. 

:console:

Thank you... :(

On 9/2/2018 at 4:53 AM, sober4life said:

You are not worthless.  I know how you feel.  It's another weekend sitting in the dark crying for me.  I hate life.

Thank you. :( I'm so sorry *hugs*

On 9/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, sober4life said:

My neighbors have their RV parked in the driveway so they are getting ready to go on vacation!  Their vacation is my vacation.  Hopefully they don't come back!

They still haven't come back.  They are the kind of neighbors that complain about your yard being in bad shape but also complain about all the things you have to do to keep it cleaned up.

14 hours ago, HeatherG said:

Nothing fun to do, and if there was- would I even get up to do it?

The city I live in is chock full of festivals. I used to attend many of them. But over the last couple of years, I've quit going. I'm always disappointed with how people act. I've never been comfortable in crowds, either. Fun for me is now hanging out online in antique car groups or watching a movie on my old TV with my cats sitting with me.