What's On Your Mind Right Now? (2)

hmm what's this "Sir Patrick Stewart will be reprising the role of Jean-Luc Picard in a new series of Star Trek" finally the best captain has returned to the bridge  😮 😁😄🙀:Coopyahoo:🕺set phasers to stun.

Edited by hocico

I'm starting to realise that I don't have any friends. It took me 12 years to figure that out. I've always kept my relationships professional when at work and distant when not, so it's probably partly my fault - or at least the fault of my personality disorder.

S***, even if I had a life-partner I'd probably shake their hand instead of an embrace.

That's on my mind right now.

best way to deal with regret is to avoid creating it in the first place. If you know you’ll regret it, don’t do it.

In fact, a great way to make choices is to ask yourself whether or not you will regret it later. Words that have been spoken cannot be unspoken, and actions that have been taken cannot be taken back.

Yet you can always contemplate those words and actions before you commit to them. You can envision the long-term effects they will have.

Regret, once created, never completely goes away. Choose, as often as possible, not to create it to begin with.

Rather than being burdened with regret, you can be filled with satisfaction for the life you’re living. Rather than facing difficult consequences for the choices you’ve made, you can be enjoying magnificent rewards.

Make regret your friend by making it preventative rather than punitive. Think long into the future before you act, and live a life with no regrets.

I have severe acne scarring. Today I did the first of several skin procedures to maybe reduce it. The thing is my face looks HORRID -  literally like I just ******** someone and their blood splashed all over my face. Plus I'm super swollen and puffy. I look like a ketchup chip.

I was trying to hide it going home, but my neighbor (one who I always wave to) saw me as my Dad pulled into the driveway. I really hope she doesn't think my Dad beat me...I wanna laugh at this but I'm pretty mortified and embarrassed.

Edited by Kogent5

My brother is coming to visit with his children. I'm so feral that I can't handle this s***. I want to run away.
He's probably going to ask me stupid questions like: "Why don't you have a job? You used to have a great job!" and "Why don't you have any motivation to do things?"
And the kids will ask: "Y U FACE SO SAD LIKE ALLLLLLLL THE TIME? 😎"

What the heck do I answer? "Life sucks, huh."

Well... that's on my mind.

33 minutes ago, APFSDS said:

My brother is coming to visit with his children. I'm so feral that I can't handle this s***. I want to run away.
He's probably going to ask me stupid questions like: "Why don't you have a job? You used to have a great job!" and "Why don't you have any motivation to do things?"
And the kids will ask: "Y U FACE SO SAD LIKE ALLLLLLLL THE TIME? 😎"

What the heck do I answer? "Life sucks, huh."

Well... that's on my mind.

just tell them the sad truth about the world and life and with any luck they wont visit again. 

My family avoid me like leper. 

On 8/16/2018 at 10:39 AM, samadhiSheol said:

I don't know where home is. I've never really known. I don't even know who I am.

It's been a lifetime of trying to figure myself out and never getting there.  I'm never automatically someone.  I'm always trying to be someone but I have no real identity.  I'm nobody trying to be somebody else.

Trying a second therapist Tues morning suggested by my HIV agency.  Not particularly encouraged on this one either.  As usual, I'm going armed with my usual interview questions and I'm going to be candid about my doubts.

He's half my age.  He wasn't even born when AIDS first hit.  Among my issues are those typically facing long term survivors, essentially PTSD.  And from what I've gleaned online his specialty is drug abuse which isn't even on my issues radar.  The last one I had 10-15 years ago with a similar background was clueless about clinical depression.  She tried to figuratively beat it outta me - imagine CBT on steroids - with so-called tough love..."You know what your problem is?  You don't do anything until you're backed into a corner!"

I'm also concerned about his extensive workload.  Took me nearly a month to get an appointment.  tbh, I'd be surprised if we click.

Edited by MarkintheDark

• 2 weeks later...