Just switched to Wellbutrin...

So I am 11 weeks post pardum and was put back on Viibryd afterwards, a long with Ambien and Clonazapam. So last week our insurance switched and Viibryd is no longer covered so I was put on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg and I'm supposed to take it in the morning. Since I stopped the Viibryd and started the Wellbutrin I'm having a hard time sleeping even with the Ambien. My dr doesn't want me on a high dose cuz of my children,  which I understand but I'm not getting sleep at all. Would taking the Wellbutrin at night maybe help? I can also up my dose to 300 mg of wellbutrin if it's not working. Any suggestions?  

I really don't want to have to go back and forth with finding another antidepressant that works for me. Or is there another antidepressant similar to Viibryd that I could see is covered?

Wellbutrin can be quite stimulating to some people and it can take some time for your body to adjust to it, how long have you been taking it? Viibryd is an SSRI so you could try another drug in this same class... Popular ones are Celexa, Lexapro, Prozac, Paxil, and Zoloft. 

There are some other things you could try for sleep too but I understand your doctor's concerns, he obviously can't risk you being knocked out all night when you have an infant to take care of. 

Having a hard time sleeping seems to be pretty normal for new parents though, one of my friends just had his first child 4 months ago and both him and his wife have more of less given up on sleep, much of the time it's just short naps because every little noise will wake them and the baby rarely sleeps for more than 2 or 3 hours in one stretch, at night anyway, lol. 

Edited by lonelyforeigner

I talked to my doctor and he wants to keep me on the Wellbutrin for another week or two to see if it helps. I'm hoping taking it at night makes me less sleepy the next day.

Thanks for the advice and support! It's great to finally have a place to discuss my depression and anxiety.