The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" Topic (5)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT a day. The ups and downs and all arounds are not affecting me like they used to, though. I know that can only be a good sign.

But I'm dead tired. I need to do something to unwind and then catch up on my sleep. 

At least one of my interviews went well. :) Now I have to give them a demo. :( Is it suitable? The location would be a dream. :D The boss seems pretty good. It seems well-matched to my skill set. 

But the other job also seems wonderful. :D And I'm going to keep applying. 

Hopefully I'll be torn between a handful of amazing, very suitable options. I need problems like that. 

I am unbelievably short-tempered this morning. Everything is p!ssing me off. I'm so sick of this stupid life. Sure, I could "make a change" but the consequences would be horrible.

6 hours ago, Asta said:

It started snowing again, I didn't think it would affect me so much, I've been miserable.

Ha. We got several inches of wet, heavy snow last night and then the temperature plummeted way below freezing, turning the snow into a concrete-like substance. I generally like cold weather and snow, but this snow is ugly and hard as a rock. Yuck.

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

I am unbelievably short-tempered this morning. Everything is p!ssing me off. I'm so sick of this stupid life. Sure, I could "make a change" but the consequences would be horrible.

I feel the same way as you do.  I hate my life.  I plan on leaving near the end of June.  I don't care what the consequences are and I don't care if I have any real plan either.  Even a different hell is better than this at this point.

Feeling pretty good.

Long day, was going to play a game but said game gave me palpitations last night so I might pass :smilingteeth: I am such a wuss when it comes to scary games.

Think I'll unwind with the Gilmore girls instead.

On 4/3/2018 at 6:46 AM, RiverLight said:

I feel a little guilty. One of the cats I now live with is totally wild (a feral cat) and is much harder to deal with. She scratched us both up pretty good trying to catch her to move homes. She literally flew and leapt into the air while trying to catch her. She scratched my hand hard on her way flying through the air down the stairwell. So, I've decided I don't like this cat, but I feel guilty because I generally LOVE cats, but not this one. My boyfriend says we can bring her back to the place where he got her and get a kitten instead that we both share. So I love that idea, but I feel a little bad. When I got scratched up, my knee jerk response was "I don't want to live with this cat". He seemed a bit bummed, but also agreed since she hurt him, too. I think he must feel guilty he wants to bring her back. He's been complaining about it as it is.

Anyways, that's my story today. Guilt.

Hi. The place you got kitty shouldn't have adopted out a feral. Normally they will only adopt them out as, say, a barn cat, else euthanize. If you're up to it you could contact a local feral cat group for advice. I know it's really hard. If you do adopt another cat, you might consider an older one. I found a home for a lost 8 year old. He is a love junky and his forever mom adores him. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss further. My heart goes out to you.

21 minutes ago, uncertain1 said:

Just saw this...congratulations! 

Aww, thanks! :hugs:Although we're not engaged yet - he just talks about marriage a  lot so I believe he will ask me at some point in the next few months.

30 minutes ago, uncertain1 said:

Hi. The place you got kitty shouldn't have adopted out a feral. Normally they will only adopt them out as, say, a barn cat, else euthanize. If you're up to it you could contact a local feral cat group for advice. I know it's really hard. If you do adopt another cat, you might consider an older one. I found a home for a lost 8 year old. He is a love junky and his forever mom adores him. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss further. My heart goes out to you.

Hmm.. thanks for this! Very sweet of you! I think it will be some time before we place the feral cat elsewhere and get a new one though... we're not ready to do either one! So we'll just keep the status quo for now I think.

18 hours ago, UnicornFire said:

I feel so guilty for staying up late again last night. I woke up this morning, and I just did NOT want to get up. I really need more sleep than I've been giving myself this week. 

Then I feel guilty for feeling guilty. Ugh...

I feel ya on the sleep thing, but then when the sun is shining in the morning, i just want to get up!! I mean, I realize you're talking about staying up late. I'm kinda reversing that. Well, i'm so tired that I take evening naps and then I'm up at odd hours. Sigh, but it doesn't matter. My sleep is sucky no matter what i do. I mean, I could live in a bubble...but that's not very practical. It's terrible though. I share a bed with my husband, but when it's warm enough, I go sleep in the guest bedroom upstairs to get peaceful sleep. I need help with this, I guess I've been losing connection with my husband making it hard to sleep. That's a whole different topic. SIgh

I'm mildly depressed today...mostly because I'm soo tired but just can't get comfortable to sleep anymore. Sigh (sigh, sigh sighhh :P <- hey! gotta laugh at myself, you know, while I still can. haha :D)

hugs to those who need it! 

I can't get up any motivation for anything. Nothing appeals to me. I hate my job, I hate being around other people. I hate myself.

I'm supposed to be hauling my daughter to a concert this weekend in Chicago. I positively dread it. Parking will be impossible and then the concert will be crowded and loud. It's a 3+ hour drive each way, too. I don't care if Christ himself was making an appearance onstage; I loathe crowds and noise.