The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" Topic (5)

@babyxgothxx aww, thank you & same to you! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Right now, I am kind of freaking out about my new job. I am SO anxious about my job performance. I've done well so far with all that I've handed in, but they've given me tasks I've never really done before and I am SO scared of failure!

I am worried about getting fired... I feel like I'm in over my head a little. I know I am intelligent and can figure out complex tasks or issues - I've proven this to myself in the past. But when I am given something new that I've never done, I freak out. I worry I can't do it. That's my first thought! I don't know how to do this.. I can't do this.

So today I am filled with dread for facing my new job later in the day. It's been stressful so far, but it's new, so I suppose that's to be expected. I just worry.... will I succeed?????

I may take another professional, advanced level course to help me, led by a top industry expert whom I follow. He is VERY good. It's expensive, but it may be worthwhile so that I CAN be successful and feel more confident of my skills.

Edited by RiverLight

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RiverLight said:

I am worried about getting fired... I feel like I'm in over my head a little. I know I am intelligent and can figure out complex tasks or issues - I've proven this to myself in the past. But when I am given something new that I've never done, I freak out. I worry I can't do it. That's my first thought! I don't know how to do this.. I can't do this.

:hugs:You're worrying too much, it's a new job, no one expects you to know everything right away. Like you said, you're intelligent and you'll be able to figure it out which is all that matters, just have to do it a few times to get comfortable with new tasks. 

1 minute ago, lonelyforeigner said:

:hugs:You're worrying too much, it's a new job, no one expects you to know everything right away. Like you said, you're intelligent and you'll be able to figure it out which is all that matters, just have to do it a few times to get comfortable with new tasks. 

Aw, thanks LF. :hugs:I DO worry too much!

I will have to just have confidence in my intelligence to figure things out. It's gonna be a challenging role, I can tell already.

7 hours ago, Asta said:

Only to my cat.  My grandma started to be mean to me again.  I told her how I've been having stomach problems and now I've lost weight even if I've been eating a lot of maple syrup.  She thinks it's good because I lost weight.  I hope I waste away to nothing.

Your grandma is a piece of work. If it means anything to you how i feel, your life means something to me. I know im some stranger miles away but its true.

2 hours ago, babyxgothxx said:

Thanks hun! Who knows I may meet someone there? lol

Same here... I'm going to buy all the chocolate after working lol

Hope you enjoy the day!!! Remember, just because you don't have a Valentine, doesn't mean you are unloved or lonely... You have a lot of people who love you here... Same applies to @RiverLight and @HeatherG:hugs:

Love you and enjoy the chocolate... You deserve to indulge! Take care hun! :hugs::icon12::hugs::icon12:

Yes!! I hope you do, you are young and beautiful so I hope you meet a nice person :)

Buy more chocolates tomorrow when they are like 50% off it's even better. :thumbsup:

I gave up on love/life a long time ago. It's very hard for me to trust a guy. I shouldn't judge all men, because not all women have good intentions either....but being treatment-resistant, and hurt from previous relationships I gave up. People tell me to not lose hope and I'm still young, but I just think it just BS for me personally. Life is unfair, it is what it is, I accepted that a long time ago, I am hanging on by a thread just like many others on here. So for all of us suffering and trying to get by, eat some chocolate :)

Today is bittersweet. I actually have a boyfriend this Valentine's Day for the first time in years, but he lives in another state. Oh well. I always liked waiting a few days after Valentine's to buy some discount candy anyways haha.

1 hour ago, babyxgothxx said:

I WISH I was dead... I should seriously hurt myself because I'm a useless waste of oxygen :broken_heart:

Absolutely not. Use as much oxygen as you need. I, for one, am happy that you are alive.

35 minutes ago, Aki Sky said:

What's going on? Why are you feeling this way?? 

I was feeling useless because I don't have a boyfriend... UGH!!! Because of this, I look at myself and see an ugly, haggard witch :broken_heart:

Also my co-worker skinny-shamed me... Most people do but I probably eat more than them... :rasp:

Just kidding... :biglaugh:

26 minutes ago, babyxgothxx said:

I was feeling useless because I don't have a boyfriend... UGH!!! Because of this, I look at myself and see an ugly, haggard witch :broken_heart:

Also my co-worker skinny-shamed me... Most people do but I probably eat more than them... :rasp:

Just kidding... :biglaugh:

Don't feel bad *hugs*:hugs:I myself have been single for the past six years 😞.... Seeing one my best friends getting married after a while you really miss having someone to spend time with. 

Don't listen to what those toxic people have to say any person who is mean to you with have it coming to them I promise. 

One of my best friends had his heart broken and dealt wrong and guess what his ex is doing worse now that same friend has found someone who values him and loves him for who he is. 

The right people will come to your life and love you for who you are 💚 those mean people don't belong in your life leave them far behind :hugs::icon12:

42 minutes ago, Aki Sky said:

Don't feel bad *hugs*:hugs:I myself have been single for the past six years 😞.... Seeing one my best friends getting married after a while you really miss having someone to spend time with. 

Don't listen to what those toxic people have to say any person who is mean to you with have it coming to them I promise. 

One of my best friends had his heart broken and dealt wrong and guess what his ex is doing worse now that same friend has found someone who values him and loves him for who he is. 

The right people will come to your life and love you for who you are 💚 those mean people don't belong in your life leave them far behind :hugs::icon12:

Thanks hun... I feel loads better and have so much hope... So sorry that you and your friends went through the same pain... *hugs* :hugs::icon12: